AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success!!!!!

Well, so far!

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

Menus *seem* like they're faster, boot time seems a little bit quicker too.

Which wince version did you use, that of the 2.007 update or from the 3.0 update?

Is it neccesary to go into service menu? Can i not just put thewince image in there while in (old)testmode2.2 and then restart?

when it's working you probably didn't do anything wrong, it's just not supported...

I'm pretty sure I did do it right as I tried to place a call on BT on the caller info was in the bottom right like for the X-series and not across the bottom (in the middle of the screen) like the F-series.

So it might be the steering wheel interface rather than anything to do with the avic? That kind of sucks. Thanks for the input.

HR

Success!!!!!

Well, so far!

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

Menus *seem* like they're faster, boot time seems a little bit quicker too.

Which wince version did you use, that of the 2.007 update or from the 3.0 update?

Is it neccesary to go into service menu? Can i not just put thewince image in there while in (old)testmode2.2 and then restart?

I used the wince for the 3.0, but i'm not sure about having to go into service mode, but it is really easy to do so i would just take that route.

I guess I'm the first for this not to work. My F700 previously had 2.006 and after just the WinCE update from 3.01 it would freeze and reboot before the "please wait system starting up" bubble on the main menu would go away. I'm guessing something to do with iGo or RealSpeak was freezing. Reverting back to the old WinCE version fixed the freezing.

Sidenote: I found that the key response was much faster with just the WinCE update applied when I had to type in my security code after the reset. It seems Pioneers apps aren't responsible for the slow key response instead it was something in the OS itself.

when it's working you probably didn't do anything wrong, it's just not supported...

I'm pretty sure I did do it right as I tried to place a call on BT on the caller info was in the bottom right like for the X-series and not across the bottom (in the middle of the screen) like the F-series.

So it might be the steering wheel interface rather than anything to do with the avic? That kind of sucks. Thanks for the input.

HR

Well it looks like it, Im afraid. Becouse it works fine with my steering wheel control/CAN Bus adaptor.

OK, got the hybrid (X-F)system now to. Screenresponse is indeed much quickker. But startup is slow as before! I still believe this is due to the igo, so i really like to get my hands on the new one!

Updating the ce-image was a bit confusing. Because there is no screen that asks you to enter a code, it says hit the rest button again, on this screen you put in the buttonsequence, then the servicemenu pops up.

OK, got the hybrid (X-F)system now to. Screenresponse is indeed much quickker. But startup is slow as before! I still believe this is due to the igo, so i really like to get my hands on the new one!

Updating the ce-image was a bit confusing. Because there is no screen that asks you to enter a code, it says hit the rest button again, on this screen you put in the buttonsequence, then the servicemenu pops up.

Umm.. who says the original 3.0 update is booting up noticably faster? My guess is that this hack will boot just as fast. I dont think IGO is contributing all that much to boot time.

Umm.. who says the original 3.0 update is booting up noticably faster? My guess is that this hack will boot just as fast. I dont think IGO is contributing all that much to boot time.

Let's put it this way, my experience is, igo8.3 boots faster then 8.0 on another unit i had.

Moreover i like the roadsign navigation, this is very helpful when situations get complicated.

An update on my previous issue:

I tried using an older version of igo from the 2.0 update and still a no go. Launching from test mode the pioneer logo comes up for a second then it crashes. I also tried the newer igo 8.3 from the 3.0 update. It seems the reason it crashes is the update does not include an updated english language file (only a french canadian) I'm betting if you can grab an engish language file for igo 8.3 then put it in the LANG folder it may work.

I left my maps and existing license file in the igo folder but replaced everything else. It started booting the program in testmode but would not get past a missing language error.