AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just throw in my $.02 on the mod. There is a picture of the side of the connector (the wire you are moving). It shows a small square 'cutout' that was pushed in. After pushing this in, a staple at the base works great to lossen the wire. That was the key for me - then move the wire, and follow the instructions...

... and for those of you like me that just couldn't get the right leverage with a staple without it bending, try a safety pin with the pin side bent out. It's small enough to insert into the front of the harness & strong enough to push the wire catch down. The rest of the safety pin can be used as a handle to apply leverage. After spending way to much time trying recommendations of this forum, the safety pin made easy work of it for me. Good Luck.

Well,

I was going to try to remove the mute wire/pin and move it to each of the empty pin-out locations, and ground it with the parking brake. I'm sure it is probably something this simple--and just a process of elimination.

However!!! I can't figure out how to get the stupid pin to come out? The plug is not like the old series, or the F/X where you can just lift up a little clip and slide the pin out. This one is much smaller, and I can't figure it out.

If someone can tell me how to do it, I'll test each of the 7 empy slots and see if any of them give us the result we're looking for.

-B-

Thanks for your effort on figuring this out. How on earth did you come up with this idea of tying random unused pins to ground? Did this used to be an official procedure from Pioneer on older units, or do we have an "insider" at Pioneer who relayed this information?

...me thinks to myself, hmm, I'd really like to reassign the voice control button on my X920BT to immediately play Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". I know! I'll just start grounding unused pins on the back of the unit until I find the one that enables this feature! (it turns out you just move the mute wire down one position :mrgreen:)

Hello All:

Thank you for all the help. This forum has be absolutely great. Got the bypass to work flawlessly WITHOUT having to cut anything. A paperclip and staple is all that is necessary. I broke off a staple in there however, and almost pooped my pants :shock: . I shook it for a while and got it out though. Somehow it got stuck behind the pin. Thank again, cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey guys I need help

I moved the mute wire one position and ground it with the PB and ground

It works fine until I hit the 20mph mark, than I get this message " it is strictly prohibited to view the video while driving"

how do I solve this problem??

Make sure you have a good ground! I had the same issue and I had to re-do the wires a few times to get it right.