AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One simple question that I failed to see in this thread. Why did the Arnold impersonator replace the sexy english lady for the SpeedCam warnings? Is there a way to switch it back?

Also, my trip computer does nothing, it stays at 0 for everything but my current speed. This is for both on the map screen as well as from the settings panel.

Thanks.

Ceger

One simple question that I failed to see in this thread. Why did the Arnold impersonator replace the sexy english lady for the SpeedCam warnings? Is there a way to switch it back?

Ceger

i'll create another set of voices for speedcam using a sexy english lady

Also, my trip computer does nothing, it stays at 0 for everything but my current speed. This is for both on the map screen as well as from the settings panel.

Thanks.

not sure why everyone's tripcomputer is acting up, it has been posted by users not only using my mod but as well as other mods

Ceger

i'll create another set of voices for speedcam using a sexy english lady

Thanks.

not sure why everyone's tripcomputer is acting up, it has been posted by users not only using my mod but as well as other mods

Awesome on the sexy voice! :)

The trip computer is more just playing around, so it is not that important, just more for information purposes for you.

Thanks as always. You rock!

Ceger

I have read through the post regarding the trip computer and there are a lot more steps to adding this TC. I would rather follow your coding, So far I have done this:

I added the files into my navigatemap_800_480.ui.

Then I added the bitmaps you listed.

Then i copied tripcomputer.ui and tripcomputer_800_480.ui into my data.zip file.

and you are saying that i need to add something into my templates_800_480.ui file and 2 additional bitmaps, Please explain.

1. What do I add this to """onrelease='run sc_tripresetrefresh, ui_NSEWtripcomp.show'""""? Is this for an onmap icon?

2. Should I just follow those instructions and pull the code out from your files including the main.ui file, setting_800_480.ui and variable_def.ui. Some of them are different then yours.

2. there just seems to be alot that was fixed since the instructions were posted and I would rather follow your set of instructions

Thank you hate to be a pain

here's the easiest way to do it, attached are the files needed,

instructions

**********for anyone else wanting to try this, PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP******************

1)copy all the contents of the 800_480 folder to your 800_480 folder

2)place the tripcomputer_800_480.ui file to 800_480\ui folder

3)place the tripcomputer.ui file to common\ui folder

4)add this script to whatever bmp you want to act as your button for your onmap tripcomputer

onrelease='run sc_tripresetrefresh, ui_NSEWtripcomp.show'

5)add this script to whatever bmp you want to act as your button for your tripcomputer screen

onrelease='nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER'

6)add this code to your main.ui found in 800_480\ui folder

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/tripcomputer_800_480.ui"
import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/tripcomputer.ui"

and you're done, let me know how it goes,

tripcomputer.zip

Hey IDT-

Have you noticed that the speedcams for red light camera's report in KPH in the pop-up? It says MPH but the speed is the KPH value. For example if the red light camera is at an intersection and the speed limit is 35MPH or 56KPH it will report 56MPH. I am not sure if its my port over from your mods or if its something in the code itself. I have noticed it for speed traps that I have added, it pop-ups fine with MPH. Maybe because it knows the speed limit on the road already?

i just checked and had created some dummy cameras on the way to work and everything was working, both on MPH and KPH, could you post a picture of it,

Hey IDT,

after using your mod for a couple of days some feedback: I'm very happy with it, so the bugs are just for your info, not meant to be critcism at all!

By the way I'm using v3.1 with a stock 3.0 and have only edited your SYS.TX to make TMC working on my EW device. The only addition ist the Poicon database for speedtraps, hence the stock solution we got for free here in Europe.

BUGS

1) House numbers are on the wrong side of the street

2) Trip computer not working (as the data is not saved it's useless anway)

3) 3D view is sometimes not direction up

4) To be honest I don't like the car in 2D, the arrow was more precise

5) I had it 4 times now at the same location, that the Avic rebooted out of the blue while on route, no speed cam around. I drove like 400 mls and it only happened at this particular point on a highway. Will downgrade to stock on monday and check if it happens with the stock software as well, will let you know.

Questions:

When I use the multiplan list, I can just click a little longer on the preferred route and it is used in the navigation, how do I do that from the multiplan list?

Can I hide the speedtrap Icons and just get the warning? It's against the law to have them here in Germany and there are too many, they just fill the screen in some urban areas.

Thanks

Jörg

Hey IDT,

after using your mod for a couple of days some feedback: I'm very happy with it, so the bugs are just for your info, not meant to be critcism at all!

By the way I'm using v3.1 with a stock 3.0 and have only edited your SYS.TX to make TMC working on my EW device. The only addition ist the Poicon database for speedtraps, hence the stock solution we got for free here in Europe.

Thanks

Jörg

thanks for the feedback,

BUGS

1) House numbers are on the wrong side of the street

i guess the EU housenumbers are different from the US ones, i'll have a fix for it on the next update

2) Trip computer not working (as the data is not saved it's useless anway)

most of the people here are having the same problem with the tripcomputer

3) 3D view is sometimes not direction up

could you post a picture of this

4) To be honest I don't like the car in 2D, the arrow was more precise

i'll change it for the EU version

5) I had it 4 times now at the same location, that the Avic rebooted out of the blue while on route, no speed cam around. I drove like 400 mls and it only happened at this particular point on a highway. Will downgrade to stock on monday and check if it happens with the stock software as well, will let you know.

i've also had this problem even when i was using my mod on 2.0, not sure on what's causing this

Questions:

When I use the multiplan list, I can just click a little longer on the preferred route and it is used in the navigation, how do I do that from the multiplan list?

on the multiplan screen if you click on you're preffered calculation method it gets set as is and just goes to the planmode screen

on the multidraw screen if you hold the preferred method it gets set as is

Can I hide the speedtrap Icons and just get the warning? It's against the law to have them here in Germany and there are too many, they just fill the screen in some urban areas.

this would require an executable file that would restart the navi and delete the speedcam files (text files in the content folder) and be transferred to another folder, i will have to take a look at some advanced igo skins and figure out how they do it

I have read through the post regarding the trip computer and there are a lot more steps to adding this TC. I would rather follow your coding, So far I have done this:

Then i copied tripcomputer.ui and tripcomputer_800_480.ui into my data.zip file.

and you are saying that i need to add something into my templates_800_480.ui file and 2 additional bitmaps, Please explain.

1. What do I add this to """onrelease='run sc_tripresetrefresh, ui_NSEWtripcomp.show'""""? Is this for an onmap icon?

2. Should I just follow those instructions and pull the code out from your files including the main.ui file, setting_800_480.ui and variable_def.ui. Some of them are different then yours.

2. there just seems to be alot that was fixed since the instructions were posted and I would rather follow your set of instructions

[attachment=0]tripcomputer.zip[/attachment]

instructions

**********for anyone else wanting to try this, PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP******************

4)add this script to whatever bmp you want to act as your button for your onmap tripcomputer

5)add this script to whatever bmp you want to act as your button for your tripcomputer screen

great IDT, just add onscreen trip to tip you made for me, works great!

all though I think we need to add this to navigatemaps_800_400

;Trip computer controls

instructions

great IDT, just add onscreen trip to tip you made for me, works great!

all though I think we need to add this to navigatemaps_800_400

;Trip computer controls

i already added it to the tripcomputer_800_480.ui so no need for it