AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Where is this latest mod ?

I have 4.9 installed on one of my F910's, the new adjustable dimming is there now but not the new icons, ie, no favourites shortcut on the desktop screen.

Thanks.

Paul.

the options for that will be on the next one, trying to figure out what other users want before i post the final version

Can you post that back ground? I like it.

The background is just a bmp image that I have made using several layers. It is something that is difficult to post as you have to know how to incorporate it into the schemes. If either IDT, or DPHurst are interested in it, I can send it to them to put into their schemes.

PS.-- The house numbers work great and I have installed DPHursts schemes into IDT's mod, so I am good to go. Simply AWESOME!!

Can you post that back ground? I like it.

The background is just a bmp image that I have made using several layers. It is something that is difficult to post as you have to know how to incorporate it into the schemes. If either IDT, or DPHurst are interested in it, I can send it to them to put into their schemes.

PS.-- The house numbers work great and I have installed DPHursts schemes into IDT's mod, so I am good to go. Simply AWESOME!!

just send himt the bmp and he can change the sky.bmp in the gfx/night folder with that one and it should work

just send himt the bmp and he can change the sky.bmp in the gfx/night folder with that one and it should work

yup, or you can just add it in and change the background in the color.ini file if you dont want it messing with your different schemes.

hey, i LOVE this mod, its the best total package out there and makes my F90BT so much better... i only have one question, i prefer to use the 3D map, but the only way to get it to show street names is by zooming in really close... i know that mods before showed the street names at a much higher altitude (not zoomed in as close) but i cant figure out how to do it on this one... any ideas?

and thanks again for all your hard work!!

Replace the Clip_planes.ini file in your common file with this code:

[clip_planes]
   ; mode, lower bound, upper bound, lower value, upper Value
   ; mode: 0: by zoom level,
   ;       1: by number of cells,
   ;       2: by intersect value (0..45),
   ;       3 by camera tilt angle (0..100 from totally flat to top-downview)
   ; values: 0.0 .. 1.0 * 1000 (= 0..1000)

faded_buildings_near   = 0, 10, 200, 600, 600
   faded_buildings_medium = 0, 10, 200, 650, 650
   faded_buildings_far    = 0, 10, 200, 750, 750

solid_buildings_near    = 0, 95, 100,  1000,980
   solid_buildings_medium    = 0, 95, 100,  1000,980
   solid_buildings_far    = 0, 95, 100,  1000,980

landmark = 0 , 1, 50, 1000, 1000

road0 = 3, 20, 70, 930, 1000
   road1 = 3, 20, 70, 950, 1000
   road2 = 3, 10, 75, 970, 1000
   road3 = 3, 0, 100, 995, 995
   roadsign = 2, 0, 40, 1000, 900

;a ket reszletesebb terrain
   terrain0 = 0, 30, 30, 750, 750
   terrain1 = 0, 30, 30, 850, 850

;reszletes shapek. Mivel lassu, ezert ne vigyetek tulzasba.
   shape0   = 2, 1,  10, 1000, 0

and/or replace the clip planes string in each of your color.ini files in the schemes with the same or you can delete the clip_planes in the schemes altogether as the one in the common folder will take precedence. Then you will have some good street naming. Not perfect but ALOT better.

Good luck!

Bud

unfortunately this didnt work for me... i am still only getting maybe one or 2 street name labels in 3d mode unless i zoom way in to where i can only see a couple streets on the whole screen... 2d mode labels fine, but 3d shows almost nothing... does anyone else have any ideas on how to make it label more?

It's difficult to suggest anything that would improve this mod.The only thing I can think of is the opportunity to enlarge the font in the displayed info window(ie time to destination,distance to destination)I did read somewhere else on this forum that someone had integrated a progress bar into their mod.The bar would show"empty"as you set off,50% solid when you was half way to your destination etc.Is this feasible?Or could we retro fit this into your mod?Thanks for all your work,it has made the avic unit a great bit of kit instead a bag of s**t.

i think i could work on the progress bar, maybe something like the one on the destin dial screen? for the displayed info i will have to look at it and figure out how to make it bigger without changing much stuff,

Thanks Julius,you are a 411 legend.

I never read all the posts (too much).

But I was pushing my clock on the map screen and I guess i did the long press when this screen came up.

IDT: this is so cool.

I just hope you can use yours. My Tripmeter still is touch and go. Sad thing is this IS a cool mod but a few of us can't rely on it.

IDT has REALLY been a BIG HELP here!!

Hey IDT,

asked a few weeks ago if it would be possible to get rid of the caller ID window which blocks the unit during a call. Did you have a chance to think about that?

With your 4.9 and a Heat Cap to avoid reboot on cranking ( I have both installed) it would make the unit nearly perfect.

Thanks

Jörg

Hey IDT,

asked a few weeks ago if it would be possible to get rid of the caller ID window which blocks the unit during a call. Did you have a chance to think about that?

sorry bro that is way out of my leauge, what i could suggest is to make the buttons and the background for it transparent so that even if it pops up you won't see it (kinda sketchy workaround but would work) though you still won't have access to the nave while on a call