AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Hi, sorry for the question...i live in Argentina, here our stock cars have units with RDS and TMC. I have an US f900bt unit, with IDT's perfect mod, but...can we make this work in our units? RDS mainly??

Hi -> just thinking

RDS is from the European Broadcast Union, in the US the Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) is used. Actually RBDS works for AM and FM, in Europe (RDS) it only works for FM. To make a long story short: Different protocoll. But I think, the hardware is identical, because befor you can use Radio in Europe, you have to adjust the kilohertz-stepping to 50 (100 is default - the US-Settting!)

So you should Download the European version of the firmware and RDS should work. Since both, the US and the European defelopers tryied hard to be compatible to each other.

It is not a matter of the skin. But the European TMC get's stuck, when reaching the traffic-information from MSN-button... Can be fixed, when setting ALL regional settings in the SYS.TXT to Europe (default location, units, multitimezone...). You could do that first and try. In general, the "1" represents US-settings and the "0" stands for Europe. the letters "tmc" mus not be followed by a "2" looking "tmc2".

Sorry for the short explanation, but I am currently typing on the iPhone.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mod, thank you for all your work!

I have a couple of questions:

- is there any way to set the speed limit sign to European style (white circle with red border)?

- after the unit boots, the map starts always in 2D mode, even if it was in 3D when it was turned off. It used to remember the last setting before using this mod. Is there any way in having the map remember its last setting, or to start in 3D mode?

Thank you again for the hard work!

have you tried doing what 69sixpack suggested?

No, because I don't understand what TMC/MSN has to do with my two questions, about having speed limit sign changed to the European style (white circle, red border), and why my unit boots in 2D mode - how can I make it to go to 3D by default.

i'll try...if anyone has an 3.01 flash for f900 let me know please

thanx

Try this first:

...Can be fixed, when setting ALL regional settings in the SYS.TXT to Europe (default location, units, multitimezone...). You could do that first and try. In general, the "1" represents US-settings and the "0" stands for Europe. the letters "tmc" mus not be followed by a "2" looking "tmc2".

If this do's not work:

1. Do you have maps, hacked ezrider, licencefiles?

2. Do you know where to put all the stuff?

If "yes" for both questiones, I could send the rest to you, My licencefiles won't work on your unit and the maps are a bunch of load.

Great mod, thank you for all your work!

I have a couple of questions:

- is there any way to set the speed limit sign to European style (white circle with red border)?

- after the unit boots, the map starts always in 2D mode, even if it was in 3D when it was turned off. It used to remember the last setting before using this mod. Is there any way in having the map remember its last setting, or to start in 3D mode?

Thank you again for the hard work!

have you tried doing what 69sixpack suggested?

No, because I don't understand what TMC/MSN has to do with my two questions, about having speed limit sign changed to the European style (white circle, red border), and why my unit boots in 2D mode - how can I make it to go to 3D by default.

here's the easiest way, go to your navigatemp_800_480.ui and look for this code

;UK
;	
;	
;US

as you can see the UK one is commented out, so all you have to do is to uncomment the UK one and comment out the US one,

one question though, have you tried using the TMC version? the zip has all files needed for EU users (sys.txt, the house number is also altered)

Hey IDT, I asked this a few posts back and nobody answered. Here is what I mean. I would like to cahnge the color of the car arrow to red instead of blue as the schemes that I use have major highways is the same color and the car arrow just gets washed out. How can I change the color to red? The daycar.bmp file is aready red, so I am kinda lost.

ngt.jpg

Hey IDT, I asked this a few posts back and nobody answered. Here is what I mean. I would like to cahnge the color of the car arrow to red instead of blue as the schemes that I use have major highways is the same color and the car arrow just gets washed out. How can I change the color to red? The daycar.bmp file is aready red, so I am kinda lost.

ngt.jpg

sorry i think i might have missed it, so this is for the 3D right? if so it would be the scheme that's responsible for its color,

sorry i think i might have missed it, so this is for the 3D right? if so it would be the scheme that's responsible for its color,

I believe that you are right, but what is the color code for red? Here is what is in the color.ini. :

;=====================================

; System colors

hazecolor = 0, 0,0,0

zoomcolor1 = 0, 20,90,90

zoomcolor2 = 0, 30,130,130

zoomcolorfont = 0,190,190,190

carcolorint = 0,0,160,136

carcolorext = 0,0,200,170

carcolorghostint = 0, 150, 150, 150

carcolorghostext = 0, 50, 50, 50

I believe that you are right, but what is the color code for red? Here is what is in the color.ini. :

; System colors

hazecolor = 0, 0,0,0

zoomcolor1 = 0, 20,90,90

255,0,0, that's RGB

; System colors

hazecolor = 0, 0,0,0

zoomcolor1 = 0, 20,90,90

255,0,0, that's RGB

Which part is it you have to change? I tried the 'carcolorint' and 'carcolorext' and the whole landfill changed color, not the car???????

Which part is it you have to change? I tried the 'carcolorint' and 'carcolorext' and the whole landfill changed color, not the car???????

i seriously doin't have a clue, now come the trial and error part, not sure if your using the emulator but using it would help a lot as you don't have to go back and fort to see the changes