AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Can someone that is using my mods restore the carver DLL (CommonLib.dll) with your original one and let me know if the trip computer starts working? I would do it but I am on a business trip.

I have been using my original CommonLib.dll the whole time and the trip computer still only works about half of the time.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone that is using my mods restore the carver DLL (CommonLib.dll) with your original one and let me know if the trip computer starts working? I would do it but I am on a business trip.

I have been using my original CommonLib.dll the whole time and the trip computer still only works about half of the time.

Can you try shutting down with the NAVI screen up and see if it works?

Fantastic Mod Diaftia, I got it to work on my avicf500bt, I really like the branded POI icons. I just drove with it this morning and the trip computer seemed to be working just fine for me. However, I'll mess with it some more when I go back home.

I do have a bug to report: While I was driving down the freeway, in 2D north up, my map would sometimes change to 2D and freeze. Only the arrow (car) would move. I noticed this happened 3 times in my 45 minute drive to work. I usually pressed the map button to reset and it didnt appear to be losing any signal. Anybody have an idea whats going on or has this problem already been addressed? I installed it last night so I believe I have the most current version. Thanks.

Fantastic Mod Diaftia, I got it to work on my avicf500bt, I really like the branded POI icons. I just drove with it this morning and the trip computer seemed to be working just fine for me. However, I'll mess with it some more when I go back home.

I do have a bug to report: While I was driving down the freeway, in 2D north up, my map would sometimes change to 2D and freeze. Only the arrow (car) would move. I noticed this happened 3 times in my 45 minute drive to work. I usually pressed the map button to reset and it didnt appear to be losing any signal. Anybody have an idea whats going on or has this problem already been addressed? I installed it last night so I believe I have the most current version. Thanks.

That to me sounds like a GPS signal problem. I use the 2D map and its normally fine. Can you press the GPS icon and see what your signal is when this is happening? Also if you touch the map and put an icon on the map it will freeze the map and the arrow (if you are moving) should eventually move off screen. If there is any other info you can give me I will see what I can do.

Diaftia;

Great work. In the next update (if there is one) can a 'snap to road' dialog be added? Similar to idt's? The arrow always stays on the road, which overall is fine, but I prefer it to show where I am (especially on track records) because it goes to a road when I'm in a parking lot, even though there is no access to that road from where I might be. It will even rotate the map at times to keep me on a road (even though I'm not). No big deal. but I just prefer actual position rather than perceived.

One other small thing. The elevation. Can the word 'elevation' be eliminated and the numbers made larger? I'm pushing 60 and the eyes don't like to work to see some things. The 'ft' can stay small, just bigger numbers. Again, not a big deal, but if a update is in the works, maybe these? I love the 'clean' screen. Thanks for the work.

Diaftia;

Great work. In the next update (if there is one) can a 'snap to road' dialog be added? Similar to idt's? The arrow always stays on the road, which overall is fine, but I prefer it to show where I am (especially on track records) because it goes to a road when I'm in a parking lot, even though there is no access to that road from where I might be. It will even rotate the map at times to keep me on a road (even though I'm not). No big deal. but I just prefer actual position rather than perceived.

One other small thing. The elevation. Can the word 'elevation' be eliminated and the numbers made larger? I'm pushing 60 and the eyes don't like to work to see some things. The 'ft' can stay small, just bigger numbers. Again, not a big deal, but if a update is in the works, maybe these? I love the 'clean' screen. Thanks for the work.

Hey Harvey-

I will look into these. Thanks for the feedback. You are the second person that has wanted the elevation bigger. I even posted a new elevation BMP on here for that. I guess I should just make it bigger. I need to see the snap to road. I can't say I have ever used it.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Diaftia,

Were you successful in incorporating the Gurjon skin into your compilation? Is it as easy as copying over the data.zip in the first post of his thread? Or are there other changes necessary?

The Gurjon skin is a complete replacement. I had copied it over to take a look at it but have since restored from backup and am running my own mods again. Yes once you go Gurjon you need to restore your backup to go back to any other mods.

Hey just curious. Why is there a zoom in - zoom out on the drop down list? I've never had a problem using the direction pad for the zoom, do others?. I mistaked the magnifying glass a few times for a search for address or poi when I first started using the mod. Seems like it could either be removed or replaced with something more exciting, perhaps maybe a shortcut to the nearest sushi places? Yes, a sushi shortcut with a fish icon, that would do. I would be in your debt forever for a sushi mod. :)

I need to learn to code. :D

I have 2 bugs present with this mod. Just wonder if it's me or do others have the same probs?

First of all...great mod! Thanks for your work. Thanks for sharing your work!!! Did I say great mod?

Bug#1: My 3D buildings all show up, but are all transparent...both the near and far ones. This was not the case when using other mods. Seems to have cropped up when loading this mod. Could it be a sys.txt issue?

Bug#2: When in night mode, with a route active, touching the compas to change map view to 2D, etc. crashes the unit and it goes into restart. This does not happen when in day mode, or in night mode with no route active???

Anyone?

Thanks for the help!

PS: Yes, I did search this string for "night mode" and "transparent"

I have 2 bugs present with this mod. Just wonder if it's me or do others have the same probs?

First of all...great mod! Thanks for your work. Thanks for sharing your work!!! Did I say great mod?

Bug#1: My 3D buildings all show up, but are all transparent...both the near and far ones. This was not the case when using other mods. Seems to have cropped up when loading this mod. Could it be a sys.txt issue?

Bug#2: When in night mode, with a route active, touching the compas to change map view to 2D, etc. crashes the unit and it goes into restart. This does not happen when in day mode, or in night mode with no route active???

Anyone?

Thanks for the help!

Hmmmm havent seen either of those. I am not sure if #1 is a sys.txt issue or not. At first I thought it was but there is nothing in there about building transparency. Just enable_buildings=1. Let me look into these.

Anyone?

Thanks for the help!

Hmmmm havent seen either of those. I am not sure if #1 is a sys.txt issue or not. At first I thought it was but there is nothing in there about building transparency. Just enable_buildings=1. Let me look into these.

Nothing wrong with the zip in as far as building visibility goes. It's controlled by your scheme as well as the clip_planes.ini file. See this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21572

Additionally, the scheme will override the clip planes ini. A good way to check is switch your scheme to JohnCougar1day then try another and see the differences. My clip_planes.ini is based on the cougar scheme.

Anyone?

Thanks for the help!

Nothing wrong with the zip in as far as building visibility goes. It's controlled by your scheme as well as the clip_planes.ini file. See this thread for more info: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21572

Additionally, the scheme will override the clip planes ini. A good way to check is switch your scheme to JohnCougar1day then try another and see the differences. My clip_planes.ini is based on the cougar scheme.

That was it! Turns out there was no clip-planes.ini at all in Diaftia's mod, so I downloaded it from the above link and buildings are back! Thanks for the help!

Now for Bug #2 (night view 2D with active route crash & burn}

Any thoughts?