AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may have been covered somewhere else before, but what do I have to do to change this? This is the monopoly scheme and the arrow is black. I used 2 modified versions of this and they still look the same.

Thanks,

Mark

To enable and disable that arrow is in the sys.txt:

[2d]

show_guidance_arrows=1 <-- change to a 0 to remove it.

Not sure how do change the color. I would imagine that is in the scheme someplace.

He Diaftia,

I love the Multi Route function. Is there any directions out there on how to add just that?

Thanks,

Bryan

It actually took a ton of file editing to do. Off the top of my head it was the added multiroute.ui file and the multiroute800.ui file, the editing of the main.ui file, the browsemap.ui file, the variable_def.ui file, favorite.ui file and all the supporting images. Took about 3 hours to do. Literally it was trial and error. This time I started with Gurjon's mods though and used IDT's as a frame of reference for certain things.

You will also then need all the images with AJG in them in the 800_480 directory that are referenced in the multiroute800 file.

If you want it right now what I might suggest is looking at my older versions and diff'ing the files above in the newest one. Otherwise I will try to do that and post some official directions up in a new thread that can be added to the wiki/faq.

He Diaftia,

I love the Multi Route function. Is there any directions out there on how to add just that?

Thanks,

Bryan

It actually took a ton of file editing to do. Off the top of my head it was the added multiroute.ui file and the multiroute800.ui file, the editing of the main.ui file, the browsemap.ui file, the variable_def.ui file, favorite.ui file and all the supporting images. Took about 3 hours to do. Literally it was trial and error. This time I started with Gurjon's mods though and used IDT's as a frame of reference for certain things.

You will also then need all the images with AJG in them in the 800_480 directory that are referenced in the multiroute800 file.

If you want it right now what I might suggest is looking at my older versions and diff'ing the files above in the newest one. Otherwise I will try to do that and post some official directions up in a new thread that can be added to the wiki/faq.

Not suprised it's a lot of work. it loos great. Posting directions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Bryan

When using multiroute do you actually have to go into the routing options and change the route calculation method once you determine a route? Seems the list only unchecks them from being shown on the overview.

SK360- As far as I can tell you have to go back and change the route. I hope to add a screen that will let you edit the route and change it directly. I am still a little amiss on the value of the multiroute function. It doesn't seem like you can change the route directly and on top of that it doesn't show the different routes in different colors. They are all green so I have no idea which route goes where just how much longer and shorter they are. If someone could explain why this feature is so valuable for them I would love to hear how its used properly.

I installed this mod on version 3.01 and since then i am getting reboots. the problem started when i tried to use POI as destination.....the system froze . i restarted it and since then i am getting these random reboots. it mostly happens when i use POI as destination.

I dont not know for sure if this mod caused this . i had never used POI as destination ( i just installed f90bt in my car).

is this a known issue? i know the installation went fine...

thanks

SK360- As far as I can tell you have to go back and change the route. I hope to add a screen that will let you edit the route and change it directly. I am still a little amiss on the value of the multiroute function. It doesn't seem like you can change the route directly and on top of that it doesn't show the different routes in different colors. They are all green so I have no idea which route goes where just how much longer and shorter they are. If someone could explain why this feature is so valuable for them I would love to hear how its used properly.

To have different routes show in different colors you need to define them in a color scheme. Add something like these to a scheme you're using and they will be easily differentiated. Of course it helps to use same colors on route type headings/pictures as well.

planned_road = "",0,255,0 ; you should have this one
planned_road_ext = "",0,128,0 ; and ones below are for alternate route types.
planned_road_alt2 = "",0,255,0
planned_road_alt1 = "",255,0,0
planned_road_alt3 = "",0,0,255
planned_road_alt4 = "",255,255,0
planned_road_alt5 = "",0,255,255