AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I played with it last night on a 20 mile trip. Overall I really liked it. I think for my taste I need to change the zoom tilt level a bit.

I did get a reboot once. I was switching screens, I went to hit the menu button, but hit map by mistake, I then hit menu, maybe a second later and it rebooted. When it came up, it still had my route active, and all was well.

Also the trip computer only showed zeros the whole time, but I have been reading all the posts about that issue.

FWIW, I DO have the VSS wire hooked up, and I know it works because I live in Pittsburgh (THANK GOD the G20 is over...) and we have plenty of tunnels. Without VSS, when entering a tunnel in rush hour, the AVIC would assume I am going highway speeds, and it would show me a good ½ mile ahead by the time I exit the tunnel. With the VSS hooked up, it was very close, and if traffic stopped, the AVIC would show me stopped. I wish it used VSS better, but it seems to only use it when there is no GPS signal, it will not override it when you are stopped, it will still show .03MPH...

Hey Diaftia, I installed your latest update. You said you removed the commonlib.dll and I assume this is the one Carver made. I haven't seen a warning message at all, strange? I'm not complaining just a little confused.

William

unless you copy back the original one from your backup you won't see the message still. I just stopped distributing the modded one.

Those of you getting reboots I have 3 questions:

1. Are spoken speedcams enabled?

2. Are you using the default scheme?

3. Are your units set to mph or kmh?

1. I have no idea, I did not intentionally enable it.

2. I assume so, I did not knowingly change any scheme.

3. MPH.

I took it for another 10 min ride, and trip computer worked fine, other than altitude being in miles, not feet. I know I read about that, back to the search function!

Those of you getting reboots I have 3 questions:

1. Are spoken speedcams enabled?

2. Are you using the default scheme?

3. Are your units set to mph or kmh?

1. I have no idea, I did not intentionally enable it.

2. I assume so, I did not knowingly change any scheme.

3. MPH.

I took it for another 10 min ride, and trip computer worked fine, other than altitude being in miles, not feet. I know I read about that, back to the search function!

I am not sure there is a fix for that. If you find one let me know. Its been a while since I've looked at it. I am at sea level and have not taken my car over 5280 feet. I have one other thing I can do by specifically calling out the unit measurement but I don't know if that will make a difference.

I am not sure there is a fix for that. If you find one let me know. Its been a while since I've looked at it. I am at sea level and have not taken my car over 5280 feet. I have one other thing I can do by specifically calling out the unit measurement but I don't know if that will make a difference.

I Live in Pittsburgh, so pretty much I am between 800 and 1200 feet, so seeing 0.2 miles is kinda a letdown going from 4 significant digits, to 1! Most trips will not go over 2500 feet for me.

Also, I think I want to tweak your mod. I would like to

1) remove the GPS indicators

2) add a beep for hitting the compass to switch map modes. (I TRY to to it without looking at the screen while driving, and a beep would help.)

Also, also, as for the 3d buildings, is there still a problem? They worked for me on 3.01 before the mod, but I have not driven near any since. I can do a simulation to check if needed.

I Live in Pittsburgh, so pretty much I am between 800 and 1200 feet, so seeing 0.2 miles is kinda a letdown going from 4 significant digits, to 1! Most trips will not go over 2500 feet for me.

Also, I think I want to tweak your mod. I would like to

1) remove the GPS indicators

2) add a beep for hitting the compass to switch map modes. (I TRY to to it without looking at the screen while driving, and a beep would help.)

Also, also, as for the 3d buildings, is there still a problem? They worked for me on 3.01 before the mod, but I have not driven near any since. I can do a simulation to check if needed.

1. Wait for my next set of mods. You will be able enable and disable all the stuff on the map screen (gps icon, speed sign, elevation, signposts, etc) with settings.

2. I have been meaning to add that. I will do it.

3. 3D buildings I was under the impression did not work. Sounds like it might be though. I will look into it.

Thanks,

Alex