AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

I took it for another 10 min ride, and trip computer worked fine, other than altitude being in miles, not feet. I know I read about that, back to the search function!

We have not figured out a good text model to display elevation in feet in the trip comp. Diaftia has the correct code for the elevation bmp on screen. If you wanted you change the textmodel in speedometer 800 480 ini to gps.elevation to show in feet. Bear in mind though gps.elevation will show feet up to 5280 feet then you'd get 1 mile XXX feet.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took it for another 10 min ride, and trip computer worked fine, other than altitude being in miles, not feet. I know I read about that, back to the search function!

We have not figured out a good text model to display elevation in feet in the trip comp. Diaftia has the correct code for the elevation bmp on screen. If you wanted you change the textmodel in speedometer 800 480 ini to gps.elevation to show in feet. Bear in mind though gps.elevation will show feet up to 5280 feet then you'd get 1 mile XXX feet.

I actually tried that in there during my development. It just looked odd though with the FT next to it. I suppose you could change the posted speed next to it to show the units for consistency but overall I was not a huge fan of how it looked.

Thanks for all the great mods & help! I put in a X-910BT & put these mods on & I love them!(All the X-Series mods seemed to point me in your direction, even though your post is in the F-Series) However, sometimes out of no where, it'll reset, screen freezes, or the music from the SD will not play. I noticed you just updated this a couple days ago & cleared out a file that helps with this...Would you just suggest me to reload your file? Also, it seems that it takes awfully long to load...Anyway around this? Thanks Again!

I am not sure there is a fix for that. If you find one let me know. Its been a while since I've looked at it. I am at sea level and have not taken my car over 5280 feet. I have one other thing I can do by specifically calling out the unit measurement but I don't know if that will make a difference.

I Live in Pittsburgh, so pretty much I am between 800 and 1200 feet, so seeing 0.2 miles is kinda a letdown going from 4 significant digits, to 1! Most trips will not go over 2500 feet for me.

Also, I think I want to tweak your mod. I would like to

1) remove the GPS indicators

2) add a beep for hitting the compass to switch map modes. (I TRY to to it without looking at the screen while driving, and a beep would help.)

Also, also, as for the 3d buildings, is there still a problem? They worked for me on 3.01 before the mod, but I have not driven near any since. I can do a simulation to check if needed.

In my dev build I have all three of these things done. Here is a screen shot of the 3D buildings with the sky worked out:

Just working on some things with IDT around speedcams. Well, really he is working on them... I am just an integrator. ;)

post-26802-12872759449474_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the great mods & help! I put in a X-910BT & put these mods on & I love them!(All the X-Series mods seemed to point me in your direction, even though your post is in the F-Series) However, sometimes out of no where, it'll reset, screen freezes, or the music from the SD will not play. I noticed you just updated this a couple days ago & cleared out a file that helps with this...Would you just suggest me to reload your file? Also, it seems that it takes awfully long to load...Anyway around this? Thanks Again!

Hmmm regarding the resets that could be because of the speedcam issue I am working with IDT on. Hopefully should have that fixed this weekend.

Not too sure about the SD thing. Weren't there some SD and music issues with 3.0 in general?

What is the file you are talking about and does it help the SD issue above? If it doesnt impact the F series users I would have no problem adding it in. I am just not aware of what file it is. Let me know.

Regarding booting... Not too sure on what to do about this. I cant say it takes any longer on my unit than the original build did. How long are we talking? I have a feeling this might be because of your hardware difference?

Small issue. The "Extras" icon should say "Extras" not "Extra's" - It's plural, not possessive. :) Sorry...grammar nazi. :lol:

Regarding the post above - I'm using this on an x910bt as well, but don't use SD for audio...I use an iPod, XM, and HD Radio without any issues...MSN as well. Maybe it's an SD issue?

ah damn your right... According to this there is some person name Extra that owns that section. ;)

You're. :lol:

Thanks again for all of your work. :)

LOL!!!! Wow! I laugh because usually I am the one catching people doing that. Pet peeve to have people not use your, you're; two, too, to; there, their, they're; etc. correctly. Well at least I always notice it. Apparently, I am getting increasingly more dumb as I get older. ;) I look back at what I typed above and I even left the "d" off named. I'll chock that up to a typo. Nah, I am mildly retarded. :P I need more sleep. Speaking of, I am going to try to work on only that for the rest of the night. :)

1. Wait for my next set of mods. You will be able enable and disable all the stuff on the map screen (gps icon, speed sign, elevation, signposts, etc) with settings.

2. I have been meaning to add that. I will do it.

3. 3D buildings I was under the impression did not work. Sounds like it might be though. I will look into it.

Very cool, thanks!

As for the 3d buildings. I have good news.

post-33008-12872759450417_thumb.jpg

post-33008-12872759450729_thumb.jpg

1. Wait for my next set of mods. You will be able enable and disable all the stuff on the map screen (gps icon, speed sign, elevation, signposts, etc) with settings.

3. 3D buildings I was under the impression did not work. Sounds like it might be though. I will look into it.

Very cool, thanks!

As for the 3d buildings. I have good news.[attachment=1]Version.JPG[/attachment]

Yep! Check out my post with the Transamerica Pyramid above. :)

Very cool, thanks!

As for the 3d buildings. I have good news.

post-24694-12872759459622_thumb.jpg

Where are the rest of the buildings? Are you guys using both 3dl and 3dc files? Here's a pic of mine with both 3dl and 3dc files. There are are no landmarks (3dl) in my pic though, they're all pulled from the 3dc file.[attachment=0]signpost sim test.jpg[/attachment]

I don't seem to have 3dc files (at least in my emulator or 3.0 backup). What directory do they go into?