AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

I installed this mod on version 3.01 and since then i am getting reboots. the problem started when i tried to use POI as destination.....the system froze . i restarted it and since then i am getting these random reboots. it mostly happens when i use POI as destination.

I dont not know for sure if this mod caused this . i had never used POI as destination ( i just installed f90bt in my car).

is this a known issue? i know the installation went fine...

thanks

I had one other person have a problem with reboots. They felt it was because of past mods that they had. When they used a different mod pack it would start to do the same thing. They restored from backup and copied my mods over fresh and were good to go. That is the best place to start with rebooting problems. There have been none reported. As a matter of fact I have had a couple people tell me they had problems and my mods fixed them.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To have different routes show in different colors you need to define them in a color scheme. Add something like these to a scheme you're using and they will be easily differentiated. Of course it helps to use same colors on route type headings/pictures as well.

planned_road = "",0,255,0 ; you should have this one
planned_road_ext = "",0,128,0 ; and ones below are for alternate route types.
planned_road_alt2 = "",0,255,0
planned_road_alt1 = "",255,0,0
planned_road_alt3 = "",0,0,255
planned_road_alt4 = "",255,255,0
planned_road_alt5 = "",0,255,255 

Hey Boris-

Thank you for this! Its great to know that its possible. I tried adding all the lines but the first one to the color.ini file in my schemes but they were still all coming up green in my emulator. I guess they might need some tweaking?

Appreciate the tip!

Alex

I am still a little amiss on the value of the multiroute function. It doesn't seem like you can change the route directly

I believe if you hold the button for the route selected it should use that route, ie..onlongclick. Onrelease should uncheck the box and long click should use that route. Either way once you get back to the map screen it recalculates again, albeit with the selected route instead. I think mutiplan is similar but the choosen route is the onrelease action.

To have different routes show in different colors you need to define them in a color scheme. Add something like these to a scheme you're using and they will be easily differentiated. Of course it helps to use same colors on route type headings/pictures as well.

planned_road = "",0,255,0 ; you should have this one
planned_road_ext = "",0,128,0 ; and ones below are for alternate route types.
planned_road_alt2 = "",0,255,0
planned_road_alt1 = "",255,0,0
planned_road_alt3 = "",0,0,255
planned_road_alt4 = "",255,255,0
planned_road_alt5 = "",0,255,255 

Hey Boris-

Thank you for this! Its great to know that its possible. I tried adding all the lines but the first one to the color.ini file in my schemes but they were still all coming up green in my emulator. I guess they might need some tweaking?

Appreciate the tip!

Alex

Try a couple of IDT's schemes. I had read in his thread that he changed a bunch so they were the different route colors. Some of the schemes in the gurjon pack have the settings BorisM posted as well, but you'd need to change the "ui_igo8" references to "$skin$" without the quotation marks in order for them to work.

christy123 wrote:

this is the only mod i have installed so far but i agree, i will have to go back and then reinstall.

I installed this mod on version 3.01 and since then i am getting reboots. the problem started when i tried to use POI as destination.....the system froze . i restarted it and since then i am getting these random reboots. it mostly happens when i use POI as destination.

I dont not know for sure if this mod caused this . i had never used POI as destination ( i just installed f90bt in my car).

is this a known issue? i know the installation went fine...

thanks

I had one other person have a problem with reboots. They felt it was because of past mods that they had. When they used a different mod pack it would start to do the same thing. They restored from backup and copied my mods over fresh and were good to go. That is the best place to start with rebooting problems. There have been none reported. As a matter of fact I have had a couple people tell me they had problems and my mods fixed them.

I just installed your latest update and you are the man. I asked you for a speed display, that us 60+ guys could read, and you exceeded my expectations. Did not get a chance to try any other changes but this alone rocks.

I would like to ask for something else. Could you possibly publish directions on how to use speed cams, and all the other additions that pioneer did not add.

Please send me your paypal account so I can make a donation. Again Thank You!!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!!

Great Mods Diaftia,

Did you consider placing music controls on the main Maps page?

It would be very useful to move to the next song without pressing many buttons while driving.

Thank you.

you could do that with the knob right?

Agreed, hit the knob to the left or right to advance the track or go back. What you are requesting actually cannot be done. When you see screen shots with the controls for pause, play and skip those are the route simulation controls.

Well here is a graphics updated that I am putting on this thread with Diaftia's permission. This started as just a change to the speedo only screen but after flipping through my own damn quick menu so many times i was getting really annoyed with the tiny buttons. So I made this version which turned out to be a lot easier to write the code for because it uses the same images and locations for both nav screens and non nav screens. Plus I even have room to expand it, for future screens. All and all I think it is a real improvement. and the way I labeled it and organized it I think it will be real easy for other people to make skins for it. SO have at it, and don't forget to post any changes you make.

I am sure some people will be upset because I changed the compass back to the small one I liked, plus the compass is fairly small on the speedo screen, so feel free to make any changes you want.

Changes

-- Elevation the same on nav and non-nav screens.

-- Moved and adjusted stop nav and mute on nav screens.

-- Complete overhaul of quick menu for fat fingers like mine.

-- Complete overhaul of Speedo only screen.

After using it for a while I think I will add a quick menu button to the speedo screen as well. No reason not too.

whoops, I forgot to post the data.zip ... Here it is

here are the screen shots.

Normal Non-Nav Screen:

Normal Nav Screen

Various Quick Menu Screens:

Speedo Non-Nav Screen:

Speedo Nav Screen:

post-22402-1287275936214_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759363009_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759363706_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759364299_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759364846_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759365508_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759366064_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759366724_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872759367401_thumb.jpg

I just installed your latest update and you are the man. I asked you for a speed display, that us 60+ guys could read, and you exceeded my expectations. Did not get a chance to try any other changes but this alone rocks.

I would like to ask for something else. Could you possibly publish directions on how to use speed cams, and all the other additions that pioneer did not add.

Please send me your paypal account so I can make a donation. Again Thank You!!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!!

Hi Rollgrinder-

Paypal address is ajgregory@me.com.

As far as the directions for the speedcams let me know what you are looking for. High level is the following:

To get the icons to show on your map you need to go into the nav settings warnings (gear icon in the menu then the 4th icon over then the warnings icon when the screen comes up). The options are as follows:

First option is to enable speed cameras. Switch that to on to show the icons on the map.

Second option down is visual warning. That makes the popup on your map happen when a camera is near.

Third option is Audible warning (by default it says disabled but its actually set to audible. Known bug). This will give a alert when the camera is approaching. Simple is a beep, when approaching is constant until its passed.

Fourth option is spoken warning. This will make it so that it will speak to you that a camera is approaching and tell you the speed if it has it.

When cruising, if you have the second option for visual warning checked, you can touch the red box that is displaying the speed to suppress the warning. If you do that a small mute icon will show. If you touch the mute icon it will start displaying the red camera warning again. It will also reset the spoken warning to on. If you do not want that go back and disable it.

Well here is a graphics updated that I am putting on this thread with Diaftia's permission. This started as just a change to the speedo only screen but after flipping through my own damn quick menu so many times i was getting really annoyed with the tiny buttons. So I made this version which turned out to be a lot easier to write the code for because it uses the same images and locations for both nav screens and non nav screens. Plus I even have room to expand it, for future screens. All and all I think it is a real improvement. and the way I labeled it and organized it I think it will be real easy for other people to make skins for it. SO have at it, and don't forget to post any changes you make.

I am sure some people will be upset because I changed the compass back to the small one I liked, plus the compass is fairly small on the speedo screen, so feel free to make any changes you want.

Changes

-- Elevation the same on nav and non-nav screens.

-- Moved and adjusted stop nav and mute on nav screens.

-- Complete overhaul of quick menu for fat fingers like mine.

-- Complete overhaul of Speedo only screen.

After using it for a while I think I will add a quick menu button to the speedo screen as well. No reason not too.

here are the screen shots.

Nice work Kevin! I cant wait to get these into the car to try them out! I can see you are MUCH better with Photoshop than I am. ;) I can also see how this will be easy to maintain going forward with consistent positioning of icons. The larger icons are going to be nice as I am 6'3" and 2XMuch and don't have small hands either. ;)

BTW- The reason that the compass was requested to be changed was much for the same reason of the quick menu. People were having a hard time changing the map direction with a small nail tip finger press of the compass. As you can see touching the clock before did nothing and was made to enable and disable the street numbers when not navigating. Just trying to give you the reasoning behind the change.

Diaftia -

How can I paypal you some coin for your work? I'm really diggin all of the features. :D

I agree. You have put a lot of time and effort into this, and I have no problem passing on a few bucks.....

Thanks for my first official donation, Eradicator! Much appreciated!

-Alex