AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Hi guys, I have looked through the majority of the thread and was wondering if you guys could help me with the following error. I have a f500-BT and it begins with the "startup, please wait" but it doesnt go away.. and then when i push the "MAP" button, I get the following error : FFUIERROR: Parse error [ expected] I was wondering if you guys could help me with this. thanks and much appreciated!

did you change the device type othe sys.txt?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, I have looked through the majority of the thread and was wondering if you guys could help me with the following error. I have a f500-BT and it begins with the "startup, please wait" but it doesnt go away.. and then when i push the "MAP" button, I get the following error : FFUIERROR: Parse error [ expected] I was wondering if you guys could help me with this. thanks and much appreciated!

If I had to guess it's because of the model designation in your sys.txt. Check you original one and make it whatever is in that. I think it's one of the first, if not the first, lines.

Let me know how it goes.

sorry guys but what exactly am i supposed to change it to? Do i change it on my computer or in test mode? Im pretty new to modding GPS' but i believe to be fairly knowledgeable and understand directions well

Did you make a backup of your system before modding it?

Is there anyway to get rid of the icon listed above the IPOD name, it's just a big music note and wastes space.

Are you using an older iPod without Album Artwork? That's why it's just a musical note. If you are capable of downloading artwork (takes up very little space on your iPod), then that is what will display there.

I just did this mods and now my unit is endless rebooting by itself. There is an error saying Pioneer UI cannot find or something. I have F90bt with 3.0 firmware. I followed all the steps as the doc in the zip file. I will try again and let you know how it goes. For now, have to flash back to original 3.0.

I think you missed a step someplace either that or your old mods were conflicting in some way. You can also try deleting all of the information in the MyFlashDisk/User/Userdata/iGO/Save directory as well (except favorites.dat if you have one). Other than that if you give me the specific error you are getting I can try to help.

Hi Diaftia,

Sorry to bother, I posted this question last week but didn't get much help... but I after installing the latest update I lost the signposts of every exit. The signpost only shows up when there's a change in/upcoming highways/freeways. I was wondering if that is a setting or if there's something I can edit to bring it back. Thanks for your help and I love your mod.

Hi Diaftia,

Sorry to bother, I posted this question last week but didn't get much help... but I after installing the latest update I lost the signposts of every exit. The signpost only shows up when there's a change in/upcoming highways/freeways. I was wondering if that is a setting or if there's something I can edit to bring it back. Thanks for your help and I love your mod.

The signposts for me show up every exit. You didnt happen to change your map file did you?

@ Diaftia, yeah I have a complete back up before modding the unit

Excellent. Go into that backup into the APL2/iGo directory and open the original sys.txt file. Look at the following line in that file:

[device]
type="PIONEERXXXX"

(yours will not be XXXX but a specific number)

Copy it to your clipboard on your computer (ctrl+c or edit>copy). Open the new sys.txt file that came with my mods and replace the line in that sys.txt file with the clipboard contents (highlight the txt to be removed and click ctrl+v or edit>paste) to make it the same thing.

Take the file and put it to your SD card and go into testmode and copy it over to the AVIC.

Should fix it.

Alex