Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HELP!!! :(

I tried the latest mod, but everything is different!?! :?

As I said before, I live in germany - so here we have the units meters (m) for elevation and length and kilometers per hour (km/h) for speed, but everything is in feet an miles? Also the menu-descriptions into the whole navigation-menus are english, not german (audio- and telephone-menus are german as usual!!) and the navigation starts with the US-Language file, not with German "Katrin" as set in voice-settings!

On every mod before I just had to change the first line in the "sys.txt" from type="PIONEER746UC" to type="PIONEER746EW" and everything was german and had the right units! Also I had to delete the number 2 behind tmc in lines 7 and 8 to get TMC working! With these changes everything was fine - until today!

I did this to the latest mod but nothing changed!

I tried to change the voice to German "Steffi" and after that step the voice changed into german voice - now I changed to "Katrin" again and everything is fine - but only with the voice!

After I changed the system-language to German again, some of the navigation-menus are german, too, except the custom made menu-points, which seems to be logical to me and which I can handle!

BUT - all units are still wrong!!

Now I've done the following changes into "sys.txt" - comparable to the values in the last files:

- type="PIONEER746EW"

- deleted the 2 after tmc in lines 7 and 8

- changed [local] to voice_key="Eng_us_m1" and default_language="english US" as it was in the last "sys.txt"

- changed [gps] to default_latitude="0.0" and default_longitude="0.0" as it was in the last "sys.txt"

- changed [regional] to units=1 as it was in the last "sys.txt"

BUT no success - units do not change to m and km/h!

Any idea, what I have to do / change to get the right information for Europe / Germany??

And for the next step to a completely translated menu - where (in what file) is the text I have to change / translate, to set the custom navigation-menu to german?

I will waive my question about the TMC-button from yesterday until I have this latest mod working!

But I guess I may have a solution for this!

EDIT: As I see, midas has a similar problem! :?

EDIT 2: Great mod at first sight - many new features and settings!! Also a reason why I would like to have it for EU-versions! :lol:

Check under the regional settings. You can set the unit there. Also make sure that testmode is set to off. See of that solves the problem. From what I have been reading on Stanislavovich's thread you can also mess with the Testmode setting. In most cases it seems it needs to be off. You can try setting it to EUR and see what happens. Let me know how it goes. I have no way to test this. If you would like to read yourself you can do it here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24444&start=165

And for the next step to a completely translated menu - where (in what file) is the text I have to change / translate, to set the custom navigation-menu to german?

Check under the regional settings. You can set the unit there. Also make sure that testmode is set to off. See of that solves the problem. From what I have been reading on Stanislavovich's thread you can also mess with the Testmode setting. In most cases it seems it needs to be off. You can try setting it to EUR and see what happens. Let me know how it goes. I have no way to test this. If you would like to read yourself you can do it here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=165

Where do I find the file for regional settings and testmode setting? And how about the file for the menu translation?

Why did you change the housenumber design? The old one looked much better than the new one!

Next problem: how do I stop these bloody beeps before voice-commands?

The settings I found do not work!? Isn't it "Verification Beep" off? It is set to off, but beeps are still there!

Haven't done any voice commands. I will look into it.

Where do I find the file for regional settings and testmode setting? And how about the file for the menu translation?

Why did you change the housenumber design? The old one looked much better than the new one!

Its in the settings of the AVIC. Settings>Regional Settings.

House# design is left over from the original Stanislavovich mods. I have been thinking about making it like mine were for consistency.

Thanks for the mods. I have the MSN working I did not have a signal before and now that I do I was able to get my number and register. Thanks.

indubitably

I have this working on a F500bt, I had the same problem you did earlier with the layer error. I have done different things but I think what worked is making sure my orginal license file is in the license folder. Don't delete the license file that is already there just add your orginal to it. I am running with hacked 3.0 and Diaftia's mods. Do you have 3.0 yet?

Thanks for the mods. I have the MSN working I did not have a signal before and now that I do I was able to get my number and register. Thanks.

indubitably

I have this working on a F500bt, I had the same problem you did earlier with the layer error. I have done different things but I think what worked is making sure my orginal license file is in the license folder. Don't delete the license file that is already there just add your orginal to it. I am running with hacked 3.0 and Diaftia's mods. Do you have 3.0 yet?

Ah yes I made the same mistake when I first did the EZrider mod. Don't delete and just add to it. Works the best.

I do have 3.0. I bought the official from Pioneer. Had to downgrade to 2.0 and then update to the official 3.0.

This mod is so freaking awesome. It makes Stanislavovich's mod much more usable. Mad props to everyone involved. This is seriously cool. I'm so happy I bought this unit now. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad you like it! I have to say I am really happy with this one too.

I have had almost no life the last week doing it so I am taking the next couple days off to make the wife happy. :D

I will have an updated full screen cockpit view for those that like less stuff on the navigation screen.

HELP!!! :(

I tried the latest mod, but everything is different!?! :?

As I said before, I live in germany - so here we have the units meters (m) for elevation and length and kilometers per hour (km/h) for speed, but everything is in feet an miles? Also the menu-descriptions into the whole navigation-menus are english, not german (audio- and telephone-menus are german as usual!!) and the navigation starts with the US-Language file, not with German "Katrin" as set in voice-settings!

On every mod before I just had to change the first line in the "sys.txt" from type="PIONEER746UC" to type="PIONEER746EW" and everything was german and had the right units! Also I had to delete the number 2 behind tmc in lines 7 and 8 to get TMC working! With these changes everything was fine - until today!

I did this to the latest mod but nothing changed!

I tried to change the voice to German "Steffi" and after that step the voice changed into german voice - now I changed to "Katrin" again and everything is fine - but only with the voice!

After I changed the system-language to German again, some of the navigation-menus are german, too, except the

custom made menu-points, which seems to be logical to me and which I can handle!

BUT - all units are still wrong!!

Hi,

same here a while ago. You will have to change all regional settings in the sys.txt. I.e. units from 1 to 0, timezone and Default Location and default timezone... At least this did the trick.

Before that I reinstalled my back up.

Now I've done the following changes into "sys.txt" - comparable to the values in the last files:

- type="PIONEER746EW"

- deleted the 2 after tmc in lines 7 and 8

- changed [local] to voice_key="Eng_us_m1" and default_language="english US" as it was in the last "sys.txt"

- changed [gps] to default_latitude="0.0" and default_longitude="0.0" as it was in the last "sys.txt"

- changed [regional] to units=1 as it was in the last "sys.txt"

BUT no success - units do not change to m and km/h!

Any idea, what I have to do / change to get the right information for Europe / Germany??

I will waive my question about the TMC-button from yesterday until I have this latest mod working!

But I guess I may have a solution for this!

EDIT: As I see, midas has a similar problem! :?

EDIT 2: Great mod at first sight - many new features and settings!! Also a reason why I would like to have it for EU-versions! :lol: