Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys-

I was working on some changes but what I might do is just take the existing set of mods and make it so that there will be no reboots. Its caused by the audio files for the spoken warning. IDT found that there must be some corruption in the files themselves. I will get a new one up in a few minutes.

Alex

Alex,

I think now that the quick menu is an over lay there is nothing to stop you from adding it to other menu's such as the speedo. I was thinking of adding a button like this to the bottom of the speedo screen.

[attachment=0]IMG_0012.jpg[/attachment]

Yeah that is a good point that it can be launched from anywhere. I guess the other theory is that you could just hit back and launch it from the main screen but convenience is always a key.

I have had strange reports of the menu not going away when the new menu layer is up and someone hits the hard map button. Then nothing can be gotten to. Even if you hit the hard menu button and then the map button the menu comes back up. Odd. I have yet to try this myself but was thinking that a timeout value to hide might help it.

@ Diaftia, hey I tried changing the thing in the .sys file but i still get the same error : FFUIERROR: Parse error [ expected] :(

This happened to me when I commented out a few things in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file and forgot to comment out one line in the code. Have you made any modifications yourself?

I have not made any modifications at all besides the few you have instructed me to do so.. and I followed the instructions step by step.. so according to what you said, am i supposed to find that file and add something? Im not that great with html/java/linux but can follow specific directions.. thanks for the help youve given me this far though.. i just want to have these mods because they make the device so much better.. the f500 doesnt come with anything.. even my portable garmin device tells me my current speed..

@ Diaftia, hey I tried changing the thing in the .sys file but i still get the same error : FFUIERROR: Parse error [ expected] :(

This happened to me when I commented out a few things in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file and forgot to comment out one line in the code. Have you made any modifications yourself?

I have not made any modifications at all besides the few you have instructed me to do so.. and I followed the instructions step by step.. so according to what you said, am i supposed to find that file and add something? Im not that great with html/java/linux but can follow specific directions.. thanks for the help youve given me this far though.. i just want to have these mods because they make the device so much better.. the f500 doesnt come with anything.. even my portable garmin device tells me my current speed..

All I can think is that there might have been some corruption when you downloaded. I have only seen that error when making changes to the data.zip's ui files. Leave out a syntax comma(or other misc bad formatting), add a ui to a state when it doesn't exist, etc. Its a vague error but always revolves around a coding issue.

Maybe someone else that has a BT500 can comment on here to verify that my mods work on that unit?

HI

i`m new and the skin is great.

but i`ve got a question.

how can i save my coursor position and save this in poi?

thank`s

Go to the quickmenu then to the POI icon and its the last option. I think that is what you are looking for.