AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Sorry for the delays... I am working on getting the spoken warnings working. I have them in but they are not firing off when a camera comes up. They test fine and throw no errors so its taking me some time.

This will be the list of changes:

• Made time to destination long format for easier reading.
    Made next road text dual color, scrolling, bolder and shielded.
    Made current road text dual color, scrolling, bolder and shielded.
    Made header, footer and navigation info boxes transparent.
    Made the map, mute and cancel route buttons transparent when in route to match the transparent backgrounds.
    Search button in quick menu now goes straight to search and does a large scale search.
    Dynamic volume now does not go to 100% when set over the min speed threshold.
    Spoken Speed cam warning added.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right on.. i can't wait to try it :)

Sorry for the delays... I am working on getting the spoken warnings working. I have them in but they are not firing off when a camera comes up. They test fine and throw now errors so its taking me some time.

Made the map, mute and cancel route buttons transparent when in route to match the transparent backgrounds.
    Search button in quick menu now goes straight to search and does a large scale search.

I'm trying to get rid of the distance bar at the bottom of the screen and make the location arrow to be towards the bottom of the page instead of the middle of the screen, does anyone know how to do that.

I am not sure I follow. Can you give more details? I think I am lostnon what you mean by distance bar and location arrow.

Alex

After been back from holliday I had a lot to read here! First I want to pick up my last problem:

1. I can't see and edit some .bmp-files as described on page 36:

Download Ipaq Image Viewer http://software.informer.com/getfree-ipaq-image-viewer/ to open .bmp's without the error. Then you can use Photoshop to edit.

I can't find the "iPAQ Image Viewer" anywhere! The link posted is not correct for me, because it just redirects me to the HP homepage! So where do I find this tool?

Or can anyone send it to me by e-Mail: dozer.hh@gmx.de (no ".exe" files please, cause they are blocked! Just zip or rename it!)

Now after testing the latest mod for a while, I found some new bugs:

2. I can confirm this problem:

huh...regardless of where I turn mine off at, it goes to navigation everytime...interesting

I do have this problem since version 10/05/09, too!!

No matter where I quit the unit, it starts either in map-view / navigation or in "Search Adress" screen!

3. No "Back" function in "Navigation Settings"

When I go to "Navigation Settings", I can't use the "Back" button, because it has no function anymore!?

The only way to get out of these settings is to press "Map" or "Menu" button!

4. Boot-Time

Since I installed version 10/05/09 I have realized, that booting up my unit spends much longer than before!

I know it spends furthermore time because it always starts in navigation mode! But at the moment it takes about 1:30 minutes from starting the engine to show navigation warning and navigation screen! This really sucks!!

5. No-MSN-Version:

I've tried this out and the first thing I regognized its, that there is no traffic function for TMC!

In Europe the MSN traffic function is working for TMC! Could you please just add this function back again?

Is no one else missing this function in Europe, because I've not read this yet??

6. To answer the first question you will ask:

Yes, I always deletes all saved files before installing the latest version! :wink:

I know Boris posted a bunch of stuff in another thread about some of these obscure settings. I will go and get his quotes and gather them altogether. Should help clear up some of this.

Are you still working on that?

The transparent info boxes will just be transparent .bmp-files? So I can change them with the older files if I don't like them transparent?

Diaftia,

Do you think it will be possible to add the date to the mod? I was thinking it would be nice to have the date display throughout the mod, but in particular on the map screen.

Got another question too. With the speedcams, I saw where you can set the over speed tolerance for them, is there a particular setting for the cams you have to use that with? Even when I'm under the speed, it's still warning me about it. I would like to have it where if I'm speeding then warn me, otherwise don't :)

Thanks for the great mod!!!!

Ryan

Silly question but my girlfriend brought it up as we both have avic's in our cars and she doesn't understand the latest mod with regard to speedcam's- is there somewhere i can see what type of warning its talking about? some will show a small (what looks like) police car with lights on top, some a red/yellow/green traffic light, etc.

also i managed to remove one of them, but since then if i click on one that is on my map, but doesn't exist in real life i can't seem to get the menu to remove it anymore. i'm sure i'm just missing something here :?

thank you again for all of your hard work.

unlike the previous posted neither of mine take that long to boot up.

Alex,

I think what our friend is talking about with the location arrow is the triangle on the screen. On IDT mods the arrow is positioned lower on the screen than yours in all modes. Take a look at where the arrow is in 3d mode and on IDT's in 2d and North up the arrow is in same position. On your mod the arrow is centered on the screen.

Regards,

M

Sorry for the delays... I am working on getting the spoken warnings working. I have them in but they are not firing off when a camera comes up. They test fine and throw no errors so its taking me some time.

Anxiously waiting for your post with these changes!

Hi Alex;

I'm back. Just a couple of things I'm aware of in the newest mod (which you already know I like). There is a slider for the sys to use 'fast' or 'optimum' calcs. I adjust for 'opt' & after a new boot-up (key start, etc) it has gone back to the install default.

Also to reroute. It defaults to 1 sec. I tried others, like 2, 3, or more secs, & upon a restart, the setting is back at one sec.

There are a couple of others that don't 'lock-on' as well. I forget while sitting here, but I'll note them next time I'm in the car using them.

Have I missed a setting? Adjusting something wrong? Or am I just losing it? :lol::lol:

Thanks again.

After been back from holliday I had a lot to read here! First I want to pick up my last problem:

1. I can't see and edit some .bmp-files as described on page 36:

Download Ipaq Image Viewer http://software.informer.com/getfree-ipaq-image-viewer/ to open .bmp's without the error. Then you can use Photoshop to edit.

I can't find the "iPAQ Image Viewer" anywhere! The link posted is not correct for me, because it just redirects me to the HP homepage! So where do I find this tool?

Or can anyone send it to me by e-Mail: dozer.hh@gmx.de (no ".exe" files please, cause they are blocked! Just zip or rename it!)

Now after testing the latest mod for a while, I found some new bugs:

huh...regardless of where I turn mine off at, it goes to navigation everytime...interesting

No matter where I quit the unit, it starts either in map-view / navigation or in "Search Adress" screen!

Its really interesting because the only difference between these mods was some small cosmetic changes. I dont really know where to go from this. I have one idea that could attribute to this. I will set it back to the original setting. I dont feel that it would cause this but I can always set it and see how it works for you all.

When I go to "Navigation Settings", I can't use the "Back" button, because it has no function anymore!?

I have not seen this and have not seen anyone else with this problem. I am beginning to wonder are you guys on american units? I think I remember you being from Germany? I wonder if that us causing the problem? Is anyone else experiencing this?

4. Boot-Time

Since I installed version 10/05/09 I have realized, that booting up my unit spends much longer than before!

I know it spends furthermore time because it always starts in navigation mode! But at the moment it takes about 1:30 minutes from starting the engine to show navigation warning and navigation screen! This really sucks!!

Another one of the same above. Boot times are normal for me on this. Can anyone else mention of they are experiencing this?

5. No-MSN-Version:

I've tried this out and the first thing I regognized its, that there is no traffic function for TMC!

In Europe the MSN traffic function is working for TMC! Could you please just add this function back again?

Is no one else missing this function in Europe, because I've not read this yet??

The only difference between the MSN and non-MSN version is a removal of the icons in the quickmenu.

6. To answer the first question you will ask:

Yes, I always deletes all saved files before installing the latest version! :wink:

I know Boris posted a bunch of stuff in another thread about some of these obscure settings. I will go and get his quotes and gather them altogether. Should help clear up some of this.

The transparent info boxes will just be transparent .bmp-files? So I can change them with the older files if I don't like them transparent?

Diaftia,

Do you think it will be possible to add the date to the mod? I was thinking it would be nice to have the date display throughout the mod, but in particular on the map screen.

Got another question too. With the speedcams, I saw where you can set the over speed tolerance for them, is there a particular setting for the cams you have to use that with? Even when I'm under the speed, it's still warning me about it. I would like to have it where if I'm speeding then warn me, otherwise don't :)

Thanks for the great mod!!!!

Ryan

#1. Its hard to add the date because if I add the date the next street will get compromised. I am on a limited set of real estate to deal with on these screens. One idea might be to get rid of the time since most cars have that and substitute the date instead. The theory behind that is that most people know what day it is or have that on their watch or cell phone.

#2. I will look into this. I am not aware of a problem but I will review it.

Silly question but my girlfriend brought it up as we both have avic's in our cars and she doesn't understand the latest mod with regard to speedcam's- is there somewhere i can see what type of warning its talking about? some will show a small (what looks like) police car with lights on top, some a red/yellow/green traffic light, etc.

also i managed to remove one of them, but since then if i click on one that is on my map, but doesn't exist in real life i can't seem to get the menu to remove it anymore. i'm sure i'm just missing something here :?

thank you again for all of your hard work.

unlike the previous posted neither of mine take that long to boot up.

Its outlined in a pretty standard fashion that all mods are. The cop car one is a speed trap. These are the types as defined by the iGo software:

TYPE:

1 - Static camera

2 - Traffic Light

4 - Section Camera

5 - Mobile Camera

SPEED - speed limit of the camera

DIRTYPE:

0 - All directions

1 - One direction (as per Direction field)

2 - Both directions (DIRECTION and opposite)[/color]DIRECTION - Camera angle. 0 = North, 180 = South, etc.

Hi Alex;

I'm back. Just a couple of things I'm aware of in the newest mod (which you already know I like). There is a slider for the sys to use 'fast' or 'optimum' calcs. I adjust for 'opt' & after a new boot-up (key start, etc) it has gone back to the install default.

Also to reroute. It defaults to 1 sec. I tried others, like 2, 3, or more secs, & upon a restart, the setting is back at one sec.

There are a couple of others that don't 'lock-on' as well. I forget while sitting here, but I'll note them next time I'm in the car using them.

Have I missed a setting? Adjusting something wrong? Or am I just losing it? :lol::lol:

Thanks again.

Hey Harvey-

It sounds like some settings are not saving after setting? Can you let me know exactly what settings are not working and I can make sure there is a savesettings flag in there for them.

Alex

Yes, this one is working - THX!!! :D

Its really interesting because the only difference between these mods was some small cosmetic changes. I dont really know where to go from this. I have one idea that could attribute to this. I will set it back to the original setting. I dont feel that it would cause this but I can always set it and see how it works for you all.

I have not seen this and have not seen anyone else with this problem. I am beginning to wonder are you guys on american units? I think I remember you being from Germany? I wonder if that us causing the problem? Is anyone else experiencing this?

4. Boot-Time

Another one of the same above. Boot times are normal for me on this. Can anyone else mention of they are experiencing this?

Ok, so I'll wait for what you find out! Yes, you're right, I'm from Germany! I wonder, that no one else from Germany or Europe has posted these problems!? Maybe someone else can confirm this!

5. No-MSN-Version:

The only difference between the MSN and non-MSN version is a removal of the icons in the quickmenu.

I know that this is the difference! But in Germany / Europe we need the button "AJG_menu_4_4.bmp" (which I meant with "traffic function") to show TMC, because this is the only simple way to go to TMC! So it would be great, if you could just take this button back into the Non-MSN-Version!

How about this one:

The transparent info boxes in your next version will just be transparent .bmp-files? So I can change them with the older files if I don't like them transparent?