AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

I really think this should be a mod fork, as it has a pretty different look. I really dislike all the transparency. I love all the new features but I'm sticking with the previous mod because of the look. It's really what brought me here in the first place. Thanks for making the version I'm using so great before changing the look, Alex, you did a fantastic job.

FF

Agreed.

Was not able to get out to test the MSN version today, Alex. Hopefully someone else was able too.

I just got back from my little trip with MSN version. It all seems to work the same. Cameras are still off, but I was able to mess with routing, etc, while driving.

Andy

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to post here becuase I'm using this mod, and have some comments to make.

My speed cameras look to be exactly where they should be. Only a couple are off. However, with that said, my cameras aren't true speed cameras. The ones in the city are actually red light cams and the ones elswhere I imagine are known police hideouts.

Avic-f700bt no MSN official 3.0 firmware and this is the first mod short of the newest map update.

Questions and comments

On the top where the road you are is listed, Could there be some more space between the road name and the hwy number. The 3 digit road number almost runs into the street name.

Is there a way to make the 3D mode always stay flat where everything is in front of you. I was reading thru the thread and just thought maybe I need to turn off smartzoom to do this ? Whenever I adjust the angle to flat, it stops navigation on the screen

Also, do we have a way to change the arrow to a car with this mod???

The only other issue I have is when I hit poi on the actual menu that you built and search for a gas station, I do not get any results. I have tried Proper Names and generic stuff like resturaunt, city name, so forth.

Thanbks for the good work. I do like how clean everything is

Updated,

I found my issue with the 3D flatness level. It was related to smart zoom. I made the adjustments, and it's set to my liking. I wish i could adjust by increments of 5 instead of 10, but it's close enough

Also, My POI stuff started working yesterday. I need to play more, but I think it started to work. So now I'm down to 2 questions/request:

On the top where the road you are is listed, Could there be some more space between the road name and the hwy number. The 3 digit road number almost runs into the street name.

Updated,

I found my issue with the 3D flatness level. It was related to smart zoom. I made the adjustments, and it's set to my liking. I wish i could adjust by increments of 5 instead of 10, but it's close enough

Also, My POI stuff started working yesterday. I need to play more, but I think it started to work. So now I'm down to 2 questions/request:

3D cars is possible with this mod as I have it running. Unfortunately I am not certain what exactly is needed. Here is what I did:

Using 7zip I unpacked the data.zip and copied the snowmobile.mdl and tex file to the gfx folder.

The using 7zip I recreated the data.zip

I also added the 3dcars folder to the root and the themechanger folder with mortscript incisde to the root as well.

I have tried hot_rod_red and snowmobile and they both work.

Here is what I added to my sys.txt

[map]
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3d_roads=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=8800
3d_max_zoomlevel=1500
3dcarsizemin=5000
3dcarsizemax=8000
3dcarsizemul=30000 

[3dcar]
work_dir=""\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" 
mortscript=""\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Themechanger\MortScript.exe"

[3d]
car_day=snowmobile.mdl 
car_night=snowmobile.mdl
ghost_day=snowmobile.mdl
ghost_night=snowmobile.mdl

after using the mod for a while i got the hang of it. but im having an issue where when driving normal with no destination it doesnt tell me the current street name on the bottom or top like it used to. i looked in the settings and its called current lane info or something like that, so i turned it off then on again but nothing changed i even turned cockpit view on then off again but still nothing.

Thanks for looking into it. One more question. Is is possible to remove the speed camera icons from the map. No speed cameras where I live, it just points out traffic cameras. I did disable the warning and stuff but the icon is still there. Thanks for your help.

Turn them off. Not just the warnings and all of the icons go away.

That last post may not be that clear.

On the speed cameras, I mean they are not accurate (not turned off).

And being able to search, etc, works on both the MSN and non-MSN version for me, just the same.

aa

Can you try reloading the speedcamera files? The spud file (etc) and let me know if that fixes it? I am really not seeing this.

I'm going to post here becuase I'm using this mod, and have some comments to make.

My speed cameras look to be exactly where they should be. Only a couple are off. However, with that said, my cameras aren't true speed cameras. The ones in the city are actually red light cams and the ones elswhere I imagine are known police hideouts.

Avic-f700bt no MSN official 3.0 firmware and this is the first mod short of the newest map update.

Questions and comments

Unfortunately I am at the mercy of iGo on this one. What I have in the next version though is a toggle for the non-shielded text. This will make it so that the people on 700's that have colored out freeway signs can go back to the old style. The old style also has better spacing.

Is there a way to make the 3D mode always stay flat where everything is in front of you. I was reading thru the thread and just thought maybe I need to turn off smartzoom to do this ? Whenever I adjust the angle to flat, it stops navigation on the screen

Yes, turn off smartzoom and your tilt/zoom angle settings will be saved. You can also go into the smart zoom settings and shove them all the way to the right. That will do it too if you like smartzoom.

Yes, change daycar.bmp and nightcar.bmp to the bmp's of your choice.

The only other issue I have is when I hit poi on the actual menu that you built and search for a gas station, I do not get any results. I have tried Proper Names and generic stuff like resturaunt, city name, so forth.

I will look into this.

Thanbks for the good work. I do like how clean everything is

You're welcome. :)
Updated,

3D cars is possible with this mod as I have it running. Unfortunately I am not certain what exactly is needed. Here is what I did:

Using 7zip I unpacked the data.zip and copied the snowmobile.mdl and tex file to the gfx folder.

The using 7zip I recreated the data.zip

I also added the 3dcars folder to the root and the themechanger folder with mortscript incisde to the root as well.

I have tried hot_rod_red and snowmobile and they both work.

Here is what I added to my sys.txt

[map]
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3d_roads=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=8800
3d_max_zoomlevel=1500
3dcarsizemin=5000
3dcarsizemax=8000
3dcarsizemul=30000 

[3dcar]
work_dir=""\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" 
mortscript=""\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Themechanger\MortScript.exe"

[3d]
car_day=snowmobile.mdl 
car_night=snowmobile.mdl
ghost_day=snowmobile.mdl
ghost_night=snowmobile.mdl

Thanks for the info! I think a lot of this is the stuff from IDT's mods? Good to know that it works on my mods.

after using the mod for a while i got the hang of it. but im having an issue where when driving normal with no destination it doesnt tell me the current street name on the bottom or top like it used to. i looked in the settings and its called current lane info or something like that, so i turned it off then on again but nothing changed i even turned cockpit view on then off again but still nothing.

There is show lane info and current street. If the current street setting is not doing anything delete your save files. For some reason this setting seems to directly conflict with other settings from other mods.

And being able to search, etc, works on both the MSN and non-MSN version for me, just the same.

aa

Can you try reloading the speedcamera files? The spud file (etc) and let me know if that fixes it? I am really not seeing this.

Ok, did that, and still not right. I dunno, maybe it's just the cameras around here. I haven't gone too far from here for a while. Next week I'll be going on a trip, so I'll check it then.

I took some pics of where a couple of them are, but they're not very good. I'll try later with some more pics.

Andy

aa

Ok, did that, and still not right. I dunno, maybe it's just the cameras around here. I haven't gone too far from here for a while. Next week I'll be going on a trip, so I'll check it then.

I took some pics of where a couple of them are, but they're not very good. I'll try later with some more pics.

Andy

If you load different mods is it the same?