AVIC411.com

3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install experience

The 3.0 upgrade was a breeze. I did experience the error at 99%, but a single retry corrected the problem and the upgrade finished successfully. So far, the unit is much, much more responsive. The MSN Direct feature works flawlessly, receiving the updates much faster and getting a much stronger signal.

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great upgrade! Process went through without any errors at all. I backed up my battery with a battery changer instead of leaving my car running for an hour. I accessed Pioneers website to get my unlock code through my iphone.

So far everything looks great with excellent response. MSN Direct works so much better signal is SO MUCH STRONGER!!! At home where I would barely get any bars at all now bars are FULL and receive the updates instantly. There is a lot more that can be improved but compared to 2.0 firmware this is HUGE.

Cheers ! :D

MSN should give us another month for free. I didn't renew my subscription because the signal strength was always weak and I needed to reset the unit every couple days for it to work. If it's been corrected, it might be worth the price.

Did my install this morning of 3.0. I had no hack on my unit except that the shop who installed it put one of the bypass on it more than likely it was hardware. Anyway, I live in an apartment building so I had to take my laptop outside and use my iphone hack to get internet. Installation was pretty much straight forward except that at 99% I had an error and I pressed retry and it went though. I also had it change the splash screen as the one I had was just a cloudy picture.

I checked my connection, backup camera works, Blutooth works, Iphone 3g works music and video, my msn direct updated also, my xm works and I also got the station icons. The 2d looks good also and the button noise is better than before. I didn't drive the car around the block so not sure how that works yet.. all in all it was an ok experience and will check back when I update.

Glad I did the official update than the hack as I know I would have screwed my system up if I had did the hack. Oh, and the update took about 1 hour. Had my V8 running for an hour drinking up gas

Just finished 3.0 upgrade - not a single problem. My unit is [edit] F900BT unhacked, no mods. I upgraded to 2.006 first because it says it improves future updates. No hangs on the updates at all. Went from Map 01.000800, firmware 2.000000 to Map 02.000400, firmware 3.020100. The password site was a breeze.

Played around a bit, boot time similar, starts playing iPod quicker. iPod catalogue was still there, contacts intact, phone (XV6800 SmartPhone) connected quicker. Didn't make a call or test maps. The thing I noticed that seemed unchanged was in the iPod screen, touching the back/forward areas to replay a song. I always have trouble with that screen not responding well - takes several touches to get the track replayed. Otherwise, the touch response is greatly improved.

Good luck....

F700BT, no hacks or mods,

It was a flawless upgrade experience, no retry issues.

The new map screen graphics are great, I can see the time and speed indicators!

The unit itself has much faster responses to screen presses, the ipod interface seems to be about the same, I haven't seen any differences yet.

I only use the GPS a few times a month, so it may take a few before I get some better feedback on routing and navigation.

My install went without a hitch and response is faster as has been said here.

The one thing I have noticed that still needs major improvement is the bluetooth. It sometimes still takes some time for the screen to show the call. This is a problem because if I accidently dial the wrong number I can;t quickly disconnect.

Just ordered mine from Crutchfield. I am curious about a number of issues that I encountered with the previous firmware such as:

• In random mode next song on CD is played when hitting Next, not the next random song
    HD radio stations are not stored with name or frequency, just Station 1 or so
    Navigation sometimes doesn't start properly
    BT phone connection active for minutes after I hung up

I'll let you know!

Just ordered mine from Crutchfield. I am curious about a number of issues that I encountered with the previous firmware such as:

• HD radio stations are not stored with name or frequency, just Station 1 or so

That still exists.

I have had the update for about two weeks now. So far it is nice. Still slow when loading the SD card. Other than that things are faster. I haven't tried the USB yet, but I read in the manual that it only supports 2GB SD card and USB. And even though I had an 8GB USB flash drive it worked, but it did take time to load up. I use the Ipod more cause I like the file system setup and the volume levels are much more even that with even my WAV/ lossless files.

here is my new SPLASH of a splash screen too.

21139410019_large.jpg

21139410023_large.jpg

Am I the only person having trouble entering testmode since doing the upgrade? I did the legit upgrade and it went smoothly. I'm in agreement about the screen being more responsive, and generally I'm happy with it. But it wiped out my software modification to eliminate the parking-brake warning, and I wanted to restore that. I've tried two different SD Cards with the test mode files on them, and when I boot, it just ignores the cards and boots as normal. Is there a way to force it to boot from the SD card? (Just turning on the power with the testmode SD card in the slot was enough to make it boot into testmode before the upgrade.)