AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

Miotoo, do you know if it is possible to put the testmode files on the actual wifi sd card(i'm not familiar with the limitations of this type of sd card)? That way we would only have to use one sd card to get into testmode and obtain an internet connection. Thanks for your help and advice!

what he said.......

They don't make those any more...Sandisk used to have one - wifi+256mb. There is another proprietary one called Eye-Fi which is a photo upload device but trying to make that work as a standard memory+wifi didn't go well.

I was looking into booting from USB, as our device can boot testmode from USB instead of the SD card but still need to patch NNtestmode.exe to look for CopyTool.exe on the mounted usb drive instead of 'Storage Card'. I'll send a pm to carver to see if he has something of the sort...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, im kind of confused with all of the questions flying around. But i am going to attempt to set up a script and such to allow us to boot Opera and CE by pressing the button for Voice. as i never use it =] does anyone see any flaws with my idea?

Tell us more..do you mean to use it from within the Pioneer shell or in testmode? I'm guessing to hook the buttons in testmode would be straightforward but from the shell I have no idea how to.

Another option would be to use the START_APPLICATION command from a .ui file to launch the browser. I started this thread to discuss the technique but didn't get a chance to try commands like "\My Flash Disk\op\Opera.exe" with an on-screen button.

Then for a button handler, you would use "run sc_launchExplorer" as the onrelease command:

.ui files to be modified is left as an exercise to the reader, I would assume navigatemap_800_480.ui or similar would work if you're adding it to a quick-launch bar (seen elsewhere in the forum).

I would think the appropriate executable to call would be a MortScript that

a) copies the driver DLL to \Windows

B) adds the required registry entries to enable the card (see MioPocket source as an example for this)

c) adds any registry entries required for opera.exe

d) calls opera.exe

That would be interesting, and a question to the ezrider mod guys. You mean to start it up from within igo/ezrider and then be able to return? EDIT: Sorry just saw the link to the other thread dah! :lol:

YOU GUYS ARE FRIGGIN INCREDIBLE...........the WMWIFIROUTER software on my htc diamond touch wirelessly connected to my F500BT is a success. I have internet anywhere my phone works....... thats pretty muchh the whole US...... now we need to get it going while the AVIC software is running

Miotoo....... we cant let this die on the vine. If we can access the web while using the pioneer front end software, the possibilities are endless....

.. I imagine cruising thru San Diego and seeing my gps location blip along using google "satellite image" on my AVIC screen.... ha.....now thats a lot of 3d buildings..

.... or doing the google search and seeing the very latest POI information (not our quickly outdated downloads).

oh the possibilities.....

Miotoo....... we cant let this die on the vine. If we can access the web while using the pioneer front end software, the possibilities are endless....

.. I imagine cruising thru San Diego and seeing my gps location blip along using google "satellite image" on my AVIC screen.... ha.....now thats a lot of 3d buildings..

.... or doing the google search and seeing the very latest POI information (not our quickly outdated downloads).

oh the possibilities.....

Based on the usage model you just described, I sort of fear the possibilities... The idea of drivers browsing the Web while they're driving, oi. If the Web software let us control the system via voice commands ("search Google Maps for directions from My Location to X", "open URL Y and READ the text to me", as examples) then I could see having a live connection to the Web being useful AND safe. But since the Web is a visual medium by nature, then as long as the parking brake hack exists it scares me to think about the possibility of drivers not looking at the road while they browse the web (texting is bad enough!) since there's no way to guarantee the car isn't in motion when they're looking at the thing. :(

But I digress from the topic at hand. So far, Opera Mobile won't work w/ Google Maps (and I've had Opera cause a fatal error several times causing a system reboot, even less useful :( ). Still haven't gotten IEsample.exe from MioPocket working on the AVIC either (won't load pages). Wanted to try Iris browser or the Google Map app but neither CAB will install from the AVIC. Which means it's time to lose iPod control and try for ActiveSync for installation, I guess. Have the MortScript written that copies the Spectec DLL to \Windows and updates the registry with the right setup info, but it still takes a card eject and insertion to actually start the card. Still haven't found the right way to pass SSID/WEP/WPA information to the driver without getting Explorer and the Soft Input Panel involved, which of course is inconvenient and unsafe to do during driving (which one would be by the time the damn AVIC's done booting). Once I get the network setup process figured out I was going to add the button to the "Destination" menu, next to "Favorites". Need to get a web browser icon created for that task, tried borrowing the News icon from the MSN Direct menu but it didn't look quite right...

LOL.... remember, its the passenger that does the stuff we should'nt do while driving......thats the reason we have bypasses right.... non of this typing in POI's, addresses, or web pages while we drive. :? ........right :!: and those guys over on the carputer websites actually carry around unemployed relatives so they can use the carputer system while driving. :oops:

..........................The idea of drivers browsing the Web while they're driving, oi. If the Web software let us control the system via voice commands ...........as long as the parking brake hack exists it scares me to think about the possibility of drivers not looking at the road while they browse the web (texting is bad enough!) since there's no way to guarantee the car isn't in motion when they're looking at the thing. :(