AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

Tried with a different data file, and did some minor change on the gurjon skin (removed the Exit button). It's works much better now.

Sorry I forgot the orginal source of this data file, I was previously use it with leetlauncher/igo, with all the unnecessary resolution removed.

For those who are interested to try out, here are the data.zip and modified gurjon skin:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19316858/3a6 ... aring.html

Can you explain what changes you made to the gurjon zip please?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried with a different data file, and did some minor change on the gurjon skin (removed the Exit button). It's works much better now.

Sorry I forgot the orginal source of this data file, I was previously use it with leetlauncher/igo, with all the unnecessary resolution removed.

For those who are interested to try out, here are the data.zip and modified gurjon skin:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19316858/3a6 ... aring.html

Can you explain what changes you made to the gurjon zip please?

I only made a minor change base on Boris's latest update. That is to remove the [EXIT] button. As EZRIDER.exe is not designed to be able to exit and re-launch thru Poineer Main Menu, we should always use the [OFF] button to hide the Navigation/Map instead of let it EXIT from the memory.

BORISM,

got a question for you, i understand how the installation is but if i want to use IDT's mod back do i have to replace everything again or would just replacing the data.zip work?

I believe DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and clean up the SAVE\iGO folder.

I have been using Gurjon skin on my Mio-PNA and like it very much.

Now I just updated my F500BT to the errider 8.3 version and run the latest 8.3 maps very smoothly.The firmware is 2.0006. I tried to install Gurjon skin but F500BT didn't boot up. The screen just stays in "system in progress... " Wonder if this Gurjon version only works with firmware 2.006? Appreciate your help.

I have been using Gurjon skin on my Mio-PNA and like it very much.

Now I just updated my F500BT to the errider 8.3 version and run the latest 8.3 maps very smoothly.The firmware is 2.0006. I tried to install Gurjon skin but F500BT didn't boot up. The screen just stays in "system in progress... " Wonder if this Gurjon version only works with firmware 2.006? Appreciate your help.

It's designed to work with proper firmware 3.0, which is tghe only way to get proper iGO 8.3 working. All bets are off if you have some kind of hybrid setup with 2.006 firmware and iGO 8.3 grafted on top...

Me neither...and I have tried! Just about given up. Also have the F90BT.....reboot, after reboot, after reboot!

Try your original ezrider.exe file. I suspect the one in the gurjon package is the hacked version. I think there are issues with the hacked version and some Avics (from reading the hacked 3.0 thread).

I had to add this to the sys.txt of the latest gurjon release to get the disply to show correctly. It was only showing the upper left hand corner of the screen until I added this.

add to sys.txt if you have display problems.

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

dpi=250

Specter,

Is there anyway you can port dimka skin to work with AVIC?

http://www.tomsoftware.net/default.aspx ... 968a048707

yes, it can be done. Needs the same code updates that are being added to the gurjon skin.

On a side note:

You can change the voices for the gurjon skin by changing them from the systems settings menu. Also, the TTS voices work! If you took my advice of deleting everything from the IGO directory before updating, you will have to copy the scansoft directory from your original install back into the igo directory. That should fix the TTS issues.

Me neither...and I have tried! Just about given up. Also have the F90BT.....reboot, after reboot, after reboot!

Try your original ezrider.exe file. I suspect the one in the gurjon package is the hacked version. I think there are issues with the hacked version and some Avics (from reading the hacked 3.0 thread).

I had to add this to the sys.txt of the latest gurjon release to get the disply to show correctly. It was only showing the upper left hand corner of the screen until I added this.

add to sys.txt if you have display problems.

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

dpi=250

I tried everything including deleting everything in the APL folder. I reinstalled using the Gurjon package and also added softscan directory from original file. I also copied the sys.txt along with ezrider file. Still hanging when starting up,

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Jimbo