AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

Could you please consider it for future releases?

not sure why you don't want to use the knob to adjust the zoom?

IDT,

I didn't know about the volume knob. That is why I suggested the zoom in/out feature. Well, since I learn something new today, please disregard my suggestion.

Sorry!!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

abb or idt,

hope this isn't 2 lame but i want a different sky for night like abbs big moon, in your instructions you say to replace sky.bmp in data file but i thought you could change schemes from one to another, like abb said he had fifty he could change on the fly (which i hope to learn to do) so which should i o to get different skies for day and night? change sky.bmp or change schemes and just load lots of them like abb? am i missing something? i have read and read?

An easier way is to add DPHursts Schemes. He has the best schemes out there ranging from weather conditions to seasons AND he has my Big moon incorporated in two or three of hisw schemes. You have to adjust IDT's Data.zip by adding an 'Igo8' folder that is in his Data.zip and add it to IDT's Data.zip for them to work. It is a little work, but it is well worth it as he has the best sky's and night skys out there.

abb or idt,

hope this isn't 2 lame but i want a different sky for night like abbs big moon, in your instructions you say to replace sky.bmp in data file but i thought you could change schemes from one to another, like abb said he had fifty he could change on the fly (which i hope to learn to do) so which should i o to get different skies for day and night? change sky.bmp or change schemes and just load lots of them like abb? am i missing something? i have read and read?

An easier way is to add DPHursts Schemes. He has the best schemes out there ranging from weather conditions to seasons AND he has my Big moon incorporated in two or three of hisw schemes. You have to adjust IDT's Data.zip by adding an 'Igo8' folder that is in his Data.zip, and add it to IDT's Data.zip (or Diaftias Data.zip, whichever you use) for them to work. It is a little work, but it is well worth it as he has the best sky's and night skys out there, as ytou can see by some of my screenies.

An easier way is to add DPHursts Schemes. He has the best schemes out there ranging from weather conditions to seasons AND he has my Big moon incorporated in two or three of hisw schemes.

very cool. i will start on this now. then i must learn how to make the shortcut button and scroll thru schemes on the fly. i looked through a lot of the code last night for the button functions but will work on it when i can give it my full attention.

Should i start a thread on this? Maybe get a "how to" thread going.

An easier way is to add DPHursts Schemes. He has the best schemes out there ranging from weather conditions to seasons AND he has my Big moon incorporated in two or three of hisw schemes.

Abb, I got this going, almost,

i moved DPHursts 'Igo8' folder but i also had to copy some of the contents of his gfx folder because i was getting errors on the schemes due to missing LeSScro & Xerses72 folders. I have had these files downloaded for awhile but did not know how to use with other mods (thanks). Once i copied those folders over most of the schemes work,

problem is that i still do not get the big moon or hardly any moon. most of the skies look the same for night schemes, just black with dark clouds. Some do have a small moon. It looks like i have the sky image in place but not the moon image. i downloaded your schemes from your "Abb's 'Insane Red' Theme *UPDATED- DARKER - 11/10/09" and read where you give the name of the scheme but the moon is not there for me in any scheme, not the big moon.

Did I miss something or do you think i may need to re-download DPHursts stuff? I searched for it but all i finde under "DPHurst" are posts by you...

Abb, I got this going, almost,

i moved DPHursts 'Igo8' folder but i also had to copy some of the contents of his gfx folder because i was getting errors on the schemes due to missing LeSScro & Xerses72 folders. I have had these files downloaded for awhile but did not know how to use with other mods (thanks). Once i copied those folders over most of the schemes work,

problem is that i still do not get the big moon or hardly any moon. most of the skies look the same for night schemes, just black with dark clouds. Some do have a small moon. It looks like i have the sky image in place but not the moon image. i downloaded your schemes from your "Abb's 'Insane Red' Theme *UPDATED- DARKER - 11/10/09" and read where you give the name of the scheme but the moon is not there for me in any scheme, not the big moon.

Did I miss something or do you think i may need to re-download DPHursts stuff? I searched for it but all i finde under "DPHurst" are posts by you...

I believe the theme is called GJ2N NIGHTSKY, or something like that. There is also some in his new schemes folder labled new moon or one of them. I will have to see what the name of them is. Are you using his latest schemes? Do you have the rain, pollution, fog themes?

**OK, I just checked and those themes were DPHursts older schemes, not his newer ones. I will see if I can get them for you.

*OK, I just checked and those themes were DPHursts older schemes, not his newer ones. I will see if I can get them for you.

yeah, i found the correct name and downloaded everything he had under "Stan/Andr2000 v3.0 main screen by dpdurst" thread. I have been working with it all day and only some will work. i could compile a list but basically the large majority do not show sky at all. the ones that do work are in the "night scheme folder" none of the pollution, winter cloudy, etc.. even show up when i copy them over.

i really want to get this so anything you could help with would be great. i was wondering also if you could point me to the file to edit the code for the off button change to schemes on the fly?

yeah, i found the correct name and downloaded everything he had under "Stan/Andr2000 v3.0 main screen by dpdurst" thread. I have been working with it all day and only some will work. i could compile a list but basically the large majority do not show sky at all. the ones that do work are in the "night scheme folder" none of the pollution, winter cloudy, etc.. even show up when i copy them over.

The seperate GFX folder has to be installed in the APL2\igo folder by itself and NOT in the Data.zip which has the same folder but is different. I am sure that is your problem. Sorry, I put that folder in my APL2 months ago and I even forgot that it was there. Basically to have the schemes function properly, you must have the igo8 folder installed in your Data.zip file and the GFX folder in your APL2\igo folder along side the Data.zip file

The seperate GFX folder has to be installed in the APL2\igo folder by itself and NOT in the Data.zip which has the same folder but is different. I am sure that is your problem. Sorry, I put that folder in my APL2 months ago and I even forgot that it was there. Basically to have the schemes function properly, you must have the igo8 folder installed in your Data.zip file and the GFX folder in your APL2\igo folder along side the Data.zip file

it has to be my igo8 folder or the older schemes then because i have it structured that way and i dont get sky on a lot of the schemes, i basically have three folders download from "Stan/Andr2000 v3.0 main screen by dpdurst" thread

1. schemes

2. scheme 2

3. night scheme

nothing in schemes works, they have blank skies

i think most everything in the other two folders works.

oh.. and none of the john cougar, monopoly,etc... works

You have something messed up, I will see if I can send you my schemes and DATA.zip when I get done work. That should work providing that you hgave the GFX folder proerly installed

I actually copied everything from Hurst GFX file and put it in IDT's GFX file. I did this to clean up the Igo folder.

I was having the problem with the blank skys when I would switch to IDT's schemes so I also change the Igo/GFX/night sky to a sky of my prefrence. I modfied the moon with an image editor to make it larger.

I put the Igo8 folder into IDT's data zip as well.

The only thing I cannot figure out is where the GL2 schemes are coming from in the GFX file.

Any advice would be great.

Oh and all the schemes are functional, I don't have all of Hurst schemes, because I don't change schemes very often

and if you download all the schemes it seems to slow down the scheme changing file on the Avic.

That should work providing that you have the GFX folder proerly installed

I think I do, if having it installed correctly means copying it to the APL2/igo folder. I have that. I may just revert back to my last backup and start over with your img.res, data file, igo8, etcc...

let me know when you get of work, rainin g here so i will be in most of day repairing laptops...oh joy, joy..

Oh and all the schemes are functional, I don't have all of Hurst schemes, because I don't change schemes very often

and if you download all the schemes it seems to slow down the scheme changing file on the Avic.

yes, the more you had the longer it takes to render the list. Glad you are having more luck than me. I think i will try starting over with a different igo8 folder and see if it helps, until i can get some verified working files.