AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

IDT,

thank you for the signboard fix, it work perfect. Also got trip computer working with navteq.

Also, I found this two new (2009.09) basemap for teleatlas and navteq and it seem to improve my map a little.

here is the link: Basemap TeleAtlas http://browntownpr.fileave.com/downloads/Basemap%20TeleAtlas.rar

Basemap Navteq http://browntownpr.fileave.com/downloads/Basemap%20Navteq.rar

thanks for the link

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good question, i can't think of any other way to input it, i'll work on that and hopefully include it on the next release

I'm with you there. My house number is 20 and the GPS says it is 68, so when I 'go home' , I am being sent about three blocks back

i know... it really not a biggie,everyone know where there house is (EXCEPT FOR WEEKENDS ;-) ) but it would be cool if there was an option to set current location as home, i think my portable Garmin does but not sure, i know it is dead on with my address.

should i follow the links and replace my current base maps? i already have navteq and ta 2009.6

good question, i can't think of any other way to input it, i'll work on that and hopefully include it on the next release

I'm with you there. My house number is 20 and the GPS says it is 68, so when I 'go home' , I am being sent about three blocks back

i know... it really not a biggie,everyone know where there house is (EXCEPT FOR WEEKENDS ;-) ) but it would be cool if there was an option to set current location as home, i think my portable Garmin does but not sure, i know it is dead on with my address.

should i follow the links and replace my current base maps? i already have navteq and ta 2009.6

you could, not really sure if that would help regarding the house number being off

you could, not really sure if that would help regarding the house number being off

okay, have not driven anywhere but results from just changing base maps;

i live at 228,

before change;

TA had me at 376

NT had me at 221

after replacing;

TA still has me at 376

NT has me at 228 (yeah :D ) but still looks cartoonish (BOO :evil: )

i did not delete any gps paras, don't know if i should but will and drive around block to check for differences.

Been away for a long while, but wanted to give your Version 2 skin a go. If I want to have my TA maps on SD card, and the NT maps on MyFlashDisk, do I just need to mod the sys.txt from:

1=",map_ta,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"
2=",map_nt,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"

to

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\whatever-directory,"

or does it need to also include the path to iGo.exe, and is this correct:

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\whatever-directory,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

And can all of the TA stuff go there (maps, basemap, poi, DEM, buildings)?

I dont use my SD card for music/movies, so I might be interested in just moving all TA and NT stuff there, but the 2009.06 TA maps I have are 1.55GB (after deleting Mexico) so they have to on SD I would think. the NT maps sem to be about 0.84GB. I dont really want to delete states I dont normally drive in, in case I do someday.

here's aquote from BORISM regarding that,

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form th? flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc.

haven't tried it but should work

I'm trying to do this with the NT maps, so I got:

[switchmap]

changer="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"

2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\Content\iGo,,"

..on my sd card: \Content\iGo\

-map_nt

-Building

-poi

...No success! I click on changer and click on Navteq logo, unit reboot and when I check maps, it said TeleAtlas.

Any suggestions?

after deleting gps para files and driving around the block there was no real difference.

i tried replacing the TA base map file with the NT base map but it made no difference. Maybe doesn't work that way but thought it worth a try. Now NT shows met at 230 instead of 228 but i'm on 1 acre lot so depending on where i park i get different address.i can drive across yard and it changes a good bit. all in all happy with improvement

as far as accuracy i would say navteq wins. Base maps did seem to improve overall,

Also, I found this two new (2009.09) basemap for teleatlas and navteq and it seem to improve my map a little.

here is the link: Basemap TeleAtlas http://browntownpr.fileave.com/download ... eAtlas.rar

Basemap Navteq http://browntownpr.fileave.com/download ... Navteq.rar

thanks to figueroaw for the link

[switchmap]

-map_nt

-Building

-poi

...No success! I click on changer and click on Navteq logo, unit reboot and when I check maps, it said TeleAtlas.

Any suggestions?

I think you need to add the 2nd argument in your line 2:

2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\Content\iGo,\My Flash Dish\APL2\iGo,"

But why not try IDT's suggestion from BorisM?

[switchmap]

-map_nt

-Building

-poi

Any suggestions?

I think you need to add the 2nd argument in your line 2:

2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\Content\iGo,\My Flash Dish\APL2\iGo,"

But why not try IDT's suggestion from BorisM?

thank you for the suggestion. I can also try BorisM suggestion but I think that would make the unit look for the teleatlas map on the sd card also or I'm wrong?

thank you for the suggestion. I can also try BorisM suggestion but I think that would make the unit look for the teleatlas map on the sd card also or I'm wrong?

yes, iGO will read the CONTENT folder in the SD car instead of the CONTENT folder in the unit, so pretty much copy everything from CONTENT in the unit to the CONTENT in the sd and on the map_nt add the navteq maps,

for the sys.txt

try this

[switchmap]
1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

let me know how it goes

Hey IDT or ABB1

I just attempted to change the off button to change the schemes on the fly and I not sure if I have it coded properly, I want it to be able to pull up all my schemes and choose which 1 I want at the time is that possible or I can only set it to switch between day and night scheme.

Abb1 gave me this;

Switching the 'off' button is actually not that hard, just make sure that you backup your present Data.zip before making changes to it. I usually make a copy and use that to experiment. In your Data folder, go into the 800_480 folder and then open up the ui folder. That is where all your scripts are. In the ui folder, open up the 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' file with notepad. In there you will see the code right at the top

;BLANKSCREEN

Replace it with this code

;BLANKSCREEN

Then if you want, just replace the icon, without renaming it, to your liking.

You guys are the best this exactly what I needed, I was able to do the icon and just couldn't get the code right to get me back to the schemes..But it's cool, I really appreciate all that you guys have done to make this unit worth having.

Thx, IDT,ABB1,HUBE2002 & all other contributors, ya'll make this system do what it should do..... :D

Hey Julius, I ran into a small glitch. I am now in my Navteq maps and I cannot change back to TA. When I press on Teleatlas, it tells me that it will reboot, I press 'YES', and then it goes to the previous screen and nothing happens. After a few minutes, I manually restart it and I am still in Navteq maps. The only thing that I did to the maps was changed the Basemaps of the Navteq and TA, but that shouldnt cause any problems, should it. When I look in the Content folder, The Navteq maps are in the 'map' folder and the TA maps are in a 'map_ta' folder

Hey Julius, I ran into a small glitch. I am now in my Navteq maps and I cannot change back to TA. When I press on Teleatlas, it tells me that it will reboot, I press 'YES', and then it goes to the previous screen and nothing happens. After a few minutes, I manually restart it and I am still in Navteq maps. The only thing that I did to the maps was changed the Basemaps of the Navteq and TA, but that shouldnt cause any problems, should it. When I look in the Content folder, The Navteq maps are in the 'map' folder and the TA maps are in a 'map_ta' folder

it did this to me too, the first time after i put the NT base map in the TA folder, when i rebooted it error-ed out and said it could not find maps. what i noticed was that it renamed the opposite folder (maps_ta) and i had to rename it back to just maps may not be your experience but worth looking at, maybe

yes, iGO will read the CONTENT folder in the SD car instead of the CONTENT folder in the unit, so pretty much copy everything from CONTENT in the unit to the CONTENT in the sd and on the map_nt add the navteq maps,

for the sys.txt

try this

[switchmap]
1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

let me know how it goes

IDT,

Thank you!

Since I only want NT maps on sd card and leave TA on unit, I changed only #2. Well, it work but not complete.

Now, I'm able to go to NT which is in the sd card, but I'm not able to go back to TA unless I remove the sd card from unit. (all of that using mapchanger, of course)

it did this to me too, the first time after i put the NT base map in the TA folder, when i rebooted it error-ed out and said it could not find maps. what i noticed was that it renamed the opposite folder (maps_ta) and i had to rename it back to just maps may not be your experience but worth looking at, maybe

it did happen to me once, what i did is renamed everything to what it was before then it never happened again