AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

IDT,

Just making my changes to sys.txt right now, and want to make sure I got this all correct. Added:

[switchmap]
changer="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"
1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO8\Content,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO8\Content,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

And also setup this in [folders]:

content="\Storage Card\iGo8\Content"

After I flash the skin, I will move all things from "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\content" to "\Storage Card\iG08\Content". Does that all seem correct?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDT,

Just making my changes to sys.txt right now, and want to make sure I got this all correct. Added:

[switchmap]

And also setup this in [folders]:

content="\Storage Card\iGo8\Content"

After I flash the skin, I will move all things from "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\content" to "\Storage Card\iG08\Content". Does that all seem correct?

like i've said, i haven't tried doing this one yet, though from the looks of the codes everything looks ok except for this part, instead of having

[switchmap]

it should be,

[switchmap]
1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

in your SD card, create a folder and name it as iGO8, and that's the place where you would want to copy the content folder form the flash disk, i suggest that instead of moving the content from just copy it and paste it in the said folder

one thing i would suggest is instead of moving the content folder just copy it and place it

Ok changes made. Quick question on the map_nt and moved "map" folder. What comes of the building, dem and poi folders? do both Navteq and Teleatlas setups use the same set (thus I need only 1 copy of building, dem, poi and have to decide whose are better)?

Or is something else going on?

Ok changes made. Quick question on the map_nt and moved "map" folder. What comes of the building, dem and poi folders? do both Navteq and Teleatlas setups use the same set (thus I need only 1 copy of building, dem, poi and have to decide whose are better)?

Or is something else going on?

they use the same, if i remember it right there is also a way to switch poi when using map changer

I got on I-75 today during lunch break and done a few loops to test both maps going by exact same exit in same direction. I chose 2 exits that were close to a college because they were easiest to do loops on (only about 1 mile between exits)

To me..IMHO...TA is the clear winner. You do get speed limit signs on I-75 with NT but that is about all. I love that TA shows ABAC (Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College ) on the sign. I think NT is best around home for picking up small isolated roads (we got lots of dirt roads down south :?: ) but on a road trip i would have to go with TA.

Note: probably been noticed before but song title covers road #. I don't know if that can be fixed but does anyone think it would look better to have road # cover song title if the 2 had to overlap?

Also note that the track title background image stays the same length regardless of characters in track title. again, i do not know if this is something that can be changed.... I think this is the illusive image abb1 needs to complete his redblast theme...

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30540&start=15#p208643

thoughts???

post-30542-12872761537146_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761542469_thumb.jpg

Note: probably been noticed before but song title covers road #. I don't know if that can be fixed but does anyone think it would look better to have road # cover song title if the 2 had to overlap?

I think the problems is the font size. It sure look good, but you clearly can see on the pic that the font size is way too big.

My nav size of the unit is not mod and have never had that problem.

try to use smaller font sizes.

IDT,

can those signboard be mod on size and position?

the reason I ask is cause, if you are able to move it under the top black strip where the time is and make it a lit smaller, you might be able to use the top part to put more shortcut (more real-state for future features).

just a thought!!!!

So far so good on all my stuff I did yesterday. Have not tried the map changer yet, but TA maps (2009.06) running off of the SD card (in fact all of Contents is running off SD card) just fine! The new maps are so much better than the old 2008.10 I had. Getting speed limits on all small roads in my small town, used to be just on major highways. Love the skin #2 also. Cant wait to see Skin #3! :D

One thing I did notice is with Abb1's newest scheme.zip, not all of those seem to show up on the Avic. Or maybe the file name doesnt match up with the name on the avic. Is that possible? I'll try and decipher which ones are missing, or possibly under different names.

One thing I did notice is with Abb1's newest scheme.zip, not all of those seem to show up on the Avic. Or maybe the file name doesnt match up with the name on the avic. Is that possible? I'll try and decipher which ones are missing, or possibly under different names.

What doesn't show up on my theme? The image.res file has no dependence on the NAV section and runs totally independent, so it should have no effect on the Nav at all

What doesn't show up on my theme? The image.res file has no dependence on the NAV section and runs totally independent, so it should have no effect on the Nav at all

I meant some of the schemes dont show up in the selection list on the avic. or maybe they have a different name on the screen than the actual file name? I've verified that all 60 schemes copied over to my SD card, but some dont appear in the list, such as: NEWMOON, MOON_FOG, moon_rain, JohnCougar2-Night (but JohnCouger2-nite does). I am using your scheme.zip from page 20 of this thread.

Cant wait to see Skin #3! :D

i don't ussually show teaser shot but here's how it will pretty much look like,

skin3.jpg

it's pretty much like skin#2 but i just wanted to make the screen look even, the shortcut buttons are 13px larger than the ones on skin#2, as you guys can see i have created an av button that when clicked shows the current playing music and when clicked again will hide it, i haven't perfected that part yet but i 'm close,

also, all the layer's are shown here that's why even the cockpit and other layers are shown

it's pretty much like skin#2 but i just wanted to make the screen look even, the shortcut buttons are 13px larger than the ones on skin#2, as you guys can see i have created an av button that when clicked shows the current playing music and when clicked again will hide it, i haven't perfected that part yet but i 'm close,

also, all the layer's are shown here that's why even the cockpit and other layers are shown

Hmmm, the AV button is awesome, but dont those large buttons hide most of the NAV screen, especially when a route is planned? Also, having those large buttons, you lose 3 functions. You now have 6 buttons as compared to nine previously

Hmmm, the AV button is awesome, but dont those large buttons hide most of the NAV screen, especially when a route is planned? Also, having those large buttons, you lose 3 functions. You now have 6 buttons as compared to nine previously

regarding the buttons, i didn't lose any of them as you'll have 12 buttons navigating or not (i actually added more), i know making the buttons bigger is going to take up more of the map space and my fix for it is to lower the max zoom settings,

Well, as I mentioned before, the map changer sis not working for me. When I first installed the mod, I went from TA to NT. Then i went to TA again and then to NT without a problem. I was then on NT for a couple of days and then I tried to go to TA. It would not switch over. The warning message came on and then it went to the Navi Settings screen and it just stayed there without restarting. The NT maps did not change. IDT, then told me to put everything back to normal, so I changed the 'map' folder which now had the NT maps in it to 'map_nt' and switched the TA maps from 'map_ta' to 'map'. Now, I got the TA maps as original, but I cannot switch to NT maps. There is definately something wrong!

Well, as I mentioned before, the map changer sis not working for me. When I first installed the mod, I went from TA to NT. Then i went to TA again and then to NT without a problem. I was then on NT for a couple of days and then I tried to go to TA. It would not switch over. The warning message came on and then it went to the Navi Settings screen and it just stayed there without restarting. The NT maps did not change. IDT, then told me to put everything back to normal, so I changed the 'map' folder which now had the NT maps in it to 'map_nt' and switched the TA maps from 'map_ta' to 'map'. Now, I got the TA maps as original, but I cannot switch to NT maps. There is definately something wrong!