AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

it's official, i will be leaving the forum, i found a new job outside the city and i'll ony have very limited internet connection there at work (most probably just e-mail access), not sure how long i'll be gone for but i'm hoping not that long, hopefully things get better this time,

thanks to everyone in here, thanks to everyone that helped out, thanks to everyone that donated, i really appreciate it, the paypal address i provided will still be open for anyone that still wants to donate

IDT

Good luck with new job!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's official, i will be leaving the forum, i found a new job outside the city and i'll ony have very limited internet connection there at work (most probably just e-mail access), not sure how long i'll be gone for but i'm hoping not that long, hopefully things get better this time,

thanks to everyone in here, thanks to everyone that helped out, thanks to everyone that donated, i really appreciate it, the paypal address i provided will still be open for anyone that still wants to donate

IDT

this sucks IDT, ive been away for while and when i logged in this what comes my way, hope you do good on your new job, hope to see you back soon, check your paypal, people using your mod should atleast show some gratitude,

i appreciate all the efforts you mad in this community,

I just did a complete upgrade of firmware 3.02 and the IDT Skin#2 mod. Everything seems to be okay except now I get the windows startup sound when the system starts. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

go to settings\custom\and turn off start up sound

First off good luck at the new job. Secondly, yes people, this guy deserves a couple bucks for his work here. Give him some incentive to come back eventually.

Lastly, I don't have this tab (custom) in my settings screen? Any idea where I can find it. I did see in the Nav settings, there is a welcome notification or something in the area where you change the navigation text colors. Is that it? Cause it is on, but I am not getting a windows start up sould like I was earlier in the week when the problems went awry.

I just did a complete upgrade of firmware 3.02 and the IDT Skin#2 mod. Everything seems to be okay except now I get the windows startup sound when the system starts. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

go to settings\custom\and turn off start up sound

First off good luck at the new job. Secondly, yes people, this guy deserves a couple bucks for his work here. Give him some incentive to come back eventually.

Lastly, I don't have this tab (custom) in my settings screen? Any idea where I can find it. I did see in the Nav settings, there is a welcome notification or something in the area where you change the navigation text colors. Is that it? Cause it is on, but I am not getting a windows start up sould like I was earlier in the week when the problems went awry.

that is the setting for it, not sure why it's not working, will take a look at it again and i will let you know before i leave on friday,

Good luck with new J.O.B.

sure gonna miss your input. Hoping you cold answer quick Q', I had asked VBLUE42

I am using your mod, Abb's img.res, & DPdurst schemes, I changed the values to 79 from 74 in the data file but it did not take care of the multipoi diamond, is this because I did not change the branding zip? The one in your mod has all the icons so I thought I could just change the value to 79 but no luck, I also added this code from N-S-E-W

[poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

It did not work either,

I had this working but I reinstalled everything and just didn't want to change the branding zip if not necessary, because I have to reassign almost every icon, again.....

VBLUE42 says it should work unless something in your mod is different, I dunno

This is how the multipoi looks;

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapclose.spr 79

poi_mapclose.spr 79

[poi]

use_multi_poi_icon=0

sure gonna miss your input. Hoping you cold answer quick Q', I had asked VBLUE42

I am using your mod, Abb's img.res, & DPdurst schemes, I changed the values to 79 from 74 in the data file but it did not take care of the multipoi diamond, is this because I did not change the branding zip? The one in your mod has all the icons so I thought I could just change the value to 79 but no luck, I also added this code from N-S-E-W

[poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

It did not work either,

I had this working but I reinstalled everything and just didn't want to change the branding zip if not necessary, because I have to reassign almost every icon, again.....

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapclose.spr 79

poi_mapclose.spr 79

[poi]

use_multi_poi_icon=0

i have not tried that fix as i don't have the poi's turned on, i didn't change any coding regarding that so i don't think it's the mod, i will try to find out for you, i'll try to be online atleast once or twice a month if i could so if there's any updates or anything that i modified on my skins i'll post them up,

BorisM wrote:

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form th? flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc..

I had to make some changes to this to work on my 3.02, It was the folder being named IGO that caused my problem. It needs to be IGO8.

This should be updated to read;

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO8\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and then copy the content folder form M? Flash Disk, to the IGO8 folder on your SD card you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc..

FROM I.D.T.;

Now in your formatted SD card, create a folder and name it as iGO8, and that's the place where you would want to copy the content folder form the flash disk, i suggest that instead of moving the content from just copy it and paste it in the said folder.

FROM Hube2002

I would then rename the content folder on the flash disk to something else like "content2" or "no_content" so you know the unit has to be reading maps, languaes, poi's, etc.. from flash disk. If it works for you you would then have the option to delete the folder off the flash disk entirely to free up space. Make sure you have a good backup!!

Now to get the unit to read all the maps and stuff from the IGO8/content folder open up the sys.txt and change the Switchmap code at the bottom to this code provided by I.D.T.

[switchmap]
changer="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"
1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO8,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

This worked for me, I have the complete contents of the content folder off my flash disk and on a SD card.This is for all maps and content to be on the sd card, if you want just Navteq maps on SD card and everything else on the flash disk read beginning halfway down page 23 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=64&t=28376

I did not post this solution because I did not use it and cannot say it works for me but the answers should be there.

I have not had a chance to road test it to see if there are any adverse affects from this but as of now I have it working and it works great as far as reading both maps, poi's, displaying signboards, etc...

I have simulated several routes & all of this works well sitting at home but I want to do a good 1 hour road test to see if there are any issues.

All of this info was provided by BorisM, I.D.T. & others, I am just tying to collect it & get it all in one post. Hope this helps someone. It is what worked for me....so far...

Tried very hard to be accurate in using the members quotes to be sure instructions are clear but I did edit a few lines of text for the sake of clarity, if there is any misinformation here I apologize and welcome corrections from all gurus. :mrgreen:

[poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

It did not work either,

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapclose.spr 79

poi_mapclose.spr 79

[poi]

use_multi_poi_icon=0

I thought you had figured how to add this to sys.txt and it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW, only been gone for a week and this is what i see,

but finally got fed up with IDT's mod

WOW,

Julius.Believe me this place is missing you already!!Glad you can still access the forum now and again.As my old grandad says"Gone,but not forgotten :) "

WOW, only been gone for a week and this is what i see,

but finally got fed up with IDT's mod

WOW,

Julius.Believe me this place is missing you already!!Glad you can still access the forum now and again.As my old grandad says"Gone,but not forgotten :) "

Yes Definately! You are one of the few that have made this forum what it is today! Any time that you can spend here is more than appreciated!