AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mar 02/10

-fixed planmode not properly going to location

-fixed signpost problem

-some other stuff

-phone shortcut on poi info screen

download on first page,

Thx for the correction "planmode not properly going to location". I found also that this bug is also on the poi screen.

Is this bug corrected in version #3 ?

Mar 02/10

-fixed planmode not properly going to location

-fixed signpost problem

-some other stuff

-phone shortcut on poi info screen

download on first page,

Thx for the correction "planmode not properly going to location". I found also that this bug is also on the poi screen.

Is this bug corrected in version #3 ?

yes

Well I am sticking with this version for the time being, dont think I will have time to get version 3 going and tested befor my long road trip. One question thats been nagging me for a while, and I thought I had it fixed, am I not able to get the elevation sign to read in feet at all times? I've installed the alt-mod'ed EZRIDER but I'm sitting here at about 860 feet above sea level and its reading 0.2 miles. Is there something else I need to change?

Well I am sticking with this version for the time being, dont think I will have time to get version 3 going and tested befor my long road trip. One question thats been nagging me for a while, and I thought I had it fixed, am I not able to get the elevation sign to read in feet at all times? I've installed the alt-mod'ed EZRIDER but I'm sitting here at about 860 feet above sea level and its reading 0.2 miles. Is there something else I need to change?

try changing the textmodel on the elvation to gps.elevation instead of navigation.current_altitude.number_text, not sure on how i missed that

know which file I need to look in for that?

*edit*

think I found it, navigatemap.ui ? I was searching for the whole string in each file and didnt find it, but then searched for just "current_altitude" and located it in a few spots.

it's in navigatemap_800_480.ui in the 800_480 folder

know which file I need to look in for that?

*edit*

think I found it, navigatemap.ui ? I was searching for the whole string in each file and didnt find it, but then searched for just "current_altitude" and located it in a few spots.

it's in navigatemap_800_480.ui in the 800_480 folder

Oops, thats the one I meant. Do I need to change it down in this spot too:

So far, I changed it in this section only:

;ELEVATION

Also, do you have a suggestion on a good font size for the elevation? 26 (or was it 28) is too big, I'm going to try 20 next, but if you knew what size would work best in that box, it might save me a few trips and flashes. :)

Oops, thats the one I meant. Do I need to change it down in this spot too:

So far, I changed it in this section only:

;ELEVATION

Also, do you have a suggestion on a good font size for the elevation? 26 (or was it 28) is too big, I'm going to try 20 next, but if you knew what size would work best in that box, it might save me a few trips and flashes. :)

you could change that one too, regarding the font size, i'm not sure what the best size would be

you could change that one too, regarding the font size, i'm not sure what the best size would be

Oh I just looked on page one at your screen shots, and see the issue. Mine is displaying "880 ft." (or maybe it was "880 feet") and yours just has the digits (in this case it would be "880"). How do I fix that?

Oh I just looked on page one at your screen shots, and see the issue. Mine is displaying "880 ft." (or maybe it was "880 feet") and yours just has the digits (in this case it would be "880"). How do I fix that?

not sure how to make it show the units,

I actually want to hide the units. Maybe I messed something up on my editing, I will recheck it all and re-flash it.

*update* I re-did the mod to the navigatemap file, and repackaged a clean data.zip, uploaded to my car, erased saved data, and while NOT navigating, I get units displayed which extends outside the graphic. Example: "816 ft". In your image on the first page, there is no units being displayed (that I can see). Any ideas on how to fix it to hide the units? The other option would be to shrink the font down enough to get it all in the box, and I might play with that, but I think its going to have to be very small font.

So you can see what mine is doing compared to your's in the first post:

For now I guess I will play around with a smaller font to get it all inside the sign border, but if you figure out what I need to change to make the "ft" go away, let me know please. Thanks again for all your hard work on these mods!!

post-8428-12872761735197_thumb.jpg

So you can see what mine is doing compared to your's in the first post:

For now I guess I will play around with a smaller font to get it all inside the sign border, but if you figure out what I need to change to make the "ft" go away, let me know please. Thanks again for all your hard work on these mods!!

Mine is also NOT portraying the units as you can see:

So, either one of two things, Either it is just on your machine (which I doubt), or it is because me and IDT are Canadians and we use KM/M instead of MPH/FT, which may not show the units. Therefore, the fix would be in the unit switch and NOT in the elevation reading

post-32106-12872761753576_thumb.jpg