AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey IDT or ABB1

I just attempted to change the off button to change the schemes on the fly and I not sure if I have it coded properly, I want it to be able to pull up all my schemes and choose which 1 I want at the time is that possible or I can only set it to switch between day and night scheme.

Abb1 gave me this;

Switching the 'off' button is actually not that hard, just make sure that you backup your present Data.zip before making changes to it. I usually make a copy and use that to experiment. In your Data folder, go into the 800_480 folder and then open up the ui folder. That is where all your scripts are. In the ui folder, open up the 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' file with notepad. In there you will see the code right at the top

;BLANKSCREEN

Replace it with this code

;BLANKSCREEN

Then if you want, just replace the icon, without renaming it, to your liking.

How do you save your current location as a favorite or set it as home in case your address is off a little?

there are different ways to add it as a favorite,

-from the navi screen, click on the map and then click the bullseye looking button then you'll be directed to the planmode screen and then click the star with a plus icon,

-from the address bar, enter the address and then you'll be directed to the planmode screen and then click the star with a plus icon,

- when you want a poi as a favorite, search for the poi and then you'll be directed to the planmode screen and then click the star with a plus icon,

to set home, click the home button and then you'll be asked to enter the address and then click OK

thanks

so if house numbers are a block off the only way to set home accurately is to enter the wrong address? you can't be sitting in your driveway and mark your current location as home, only as a favorite?

good question, i can't think of any other way to input it, i'll work on that and hopefully include it on the next release

thanks

so if house numbers are a block off the only way to set home accurately is to enter the wrong address? you can't be sitting in your driveway and mark your current location as home, only as a favorite?

I'm with you there. My house number is 20 and the GPS says it is 68, so when I 'go home' , I am being sent about three blocks back :(

Been away for a long while, but wanted to give your Version 2 skin a go. If I want to have my TA maps on SD card, and the NT maps on MyFlashDisk, do I just need to mod the sys.txt from:

1=",map_ta,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"
2=",map_nt,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"

to

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\whatever-directory,"

or does it need to also include the path to iGo.exe, and is this correct:

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\whatever-directory,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

And can all of the TA stuff go there (maps, basemap, poi, DEM, buildings)?

I dont use my SD card for music/movies, so I might be interested in just moving all TA and NT stuff there, but the 2009.06 TA maps I have are 1.55GB (after deleting Mexico) so they have to on SD I would think. the NT maps sem to be about 0.84GB. I dont really want to delete states I dont normally drive in, in case I do someday.

IDT,

thank you for the signboard fix, it work perfect. Also got trip computer working with navteq.

Also, I found this two new (2009.09) basemap for teleatlas and navteq and it seem to improve my map a little.

here is the link: Basemap TeleAtlas http://browntownpr.fileave.com/downloads/Basemap%20TeleAtlas.rar

Basemap Navteq http://browntownpr.fileave.com/downloads/Basemap%20Navteq.rar

Been away for a long while, but wanted to give your Version 2 skin a go. If I want to have my TA maps on SD card, and the NT maps on MyFlashDisk, do I just need to mod the sys.txt from:

1=",map_ta,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"

to

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\whatever-directory,"

or does it need to also include the path to iGo.exe, and is this correct:

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\whatever-directory,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

And can all of the TA stuff go there (maps, basemap, poi, DEM, buildings)?

I dont use my SD card for music/movies, so I might be interested in just moving all TA and NT stuff there, but the 2009.06 TA maps I have are 1.55GB (after deleting Mexico) so they have to on SD I would think. the NT maps sem to be about 0.84GB. I dont really want to delete states I dont normally drive in, in case I do someday.

here's aquote from BORISM regarding that,

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form th? flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc.

haven't tried it but should work