AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

So, either one of two things, Either it is just on your machine (which I doubt), or it is because me and IDT are Canadians and we use KM/M instead of MPH/FT, which may not show the units

Is there somewhere else that units get changed besides in the UI on the Regional settings page? I tried all 3 settings there (KM/M, Mi/Y, and Mi/Ft) and each time I got units displayed (M, Y, or ft).

Let me ask this, a particular scheme wouldnt affect that would it? I really dont know what else to look for.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, either one of two things, Either it is just on your machine (which I doubt), or it is because me and IDT are Canadians and we use KM/M instead of MPH/FT, which may not show the units

Is there somewhere else that units get changed besides in the UI on the Regional settings page? I tried all 3 settings there (KM/M, Mi/Y, and Mi/Ft) and each time I got units displayed (M, Y, or ft).

Let me ask this, a particular scheme wouldnt affect that would it? I really dont know what else to look for.

Wow, that is weird, you can try to change the scheme, but I dont think it should make any difference, but that DOES seem to be the only difference

Wow, that is weird, you can try to change the scheme, but I dont think it should make any difference, but that DOES seem to be the only difference

i think it has something to do with the textmodel being used, when not navigating it's using

navigation.current_altitude.number_text

and when navigating it uses

gps.elevation

as you can see, the first one has .number_text, not sure if you could add that at the end of gps.elevation

i think it has something to do with the textmodel being used, when not navigating it's using
navigation.current_altitude.number_text

and when navigating it uses

gps.elevation

as you can see, the first one has .number_text, not sure if you could add that at the end of gps.elevation

Adding .number_text to the end of gps.elevation makes it disappear completely, so I guess that means it doesnt like it. I guess for now I will just reduce the size, and try and position it inside the sign borders until a different solution is found (if one is).

To rule out one other thing, I am using the EZRIDER from this post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27989 (ezrider_alt_mod.zip). Thats the correct one right?

So, either one of two things, Either it is just on your machine (which I doubt), or it is because me and IDT are Canadians and we use KM/M instead of MPH/FT, which may not show the units. Therefore, the fix would be in the unit switch and NOT in the elevation reading

I live in the US and i have never see that "ft" on mine.

So a suggestion would be deleting the igo folder and start fresh again. Just do one mod at a time! (Do a Backup just in case)

I did some more testing. Went back to a clean data.zip and did not change the elevation to gps.elevation. In KM/M mode, it displayed in meters, without an "m". The same held true for Mi/Yards, it did not show a "y". With Miles/Feet selected, it would display the number of feet without "ft" up to around 820, at which point it would switch over to 0.2 (miles) with no units.

Then I tried it with the gps.elevation in the file, and it would display feet digits just fine, never switching to 0.2 miles or whatever, but "ft" was always there.

So I am thinking its something to do with the altered ezrider.zip maybe? As that was altered to display feet for elevation always (or at least up to several thousand feet). I will note, that when the system was showing 0.2 miles, if you view the GPS status page, the elevation there was displayed in feet.

I live in the US and i have never see that "ft" on mine.

So a suggestion would be deleting the igo folder and start fresh again. Just do one mod at a time! (Do a Backup just in case)

See my post above this one. If you didnt change your navigatemap.ui file to have the gps.elevation field instead of navigation.current_altitude.number_text then you wont have "ft". My guess is that you are either seeing 0.2 (or above) miles, or live at an elevation below 820 feet or so which will correctly show the number of feet, without "ft". I'm trying to get it to show something like "3240" (if I should drive to that elevation).

With the standard hacked ezrider using gps.elevation as the text model, the elevation will display in feet up to 5279 feet. It then switches to 1 mile XXX ft.

Any text model using altitude the unit will display feet up to 879 then it will switch to tenths of miles, ie 0.2, and so forth.

IDT or anyone,

On sys.txt, I have it to read map from Sd card. Everything else has to be on the HU for it to work.

How Can I have igo read the entire content from sd? (POI, Building, Dem, Scheme, etcc)

Should I stated on the sys.txt?

something like:

[POI]

1=",POI, \Storage Card\iGO,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

IDT or anyone,

On sys.txt, I have it to read map from Sd card. Everything else has to be on the HU for it to work.

How Can I have igo read the entire content from sd? (POI, Building, Dem, Scheme, etcc)

Should I stated on the sys.txt?

something like:

[POI]

1=",POI, \Storage Card\iGO,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

please see quote from BORISM

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form th? flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc.

With the standard hacked ezrider using gps.elevation as the text model, the elevation will display in feet up to 5279 feet. It then switches to 1 mile XXX ft.

Any text model using altitude the unit will display feet up to 879 then it will switch to tenths of miles, ie 0.2, and so forth.

So then there is no way to get what I want it seems. That sucks. I just want feet to show between 880 - 5279, without the text "ft". :(

So then there is no way to get what I want it seems. That sucks. I just want feet to show between 880 - 5279, without the text "ft". :(

what you could do is make the elevation background wider or make the text smaller,