AVIC411.com

IDT skin#2 v3.0 12/30/10 (download link updated)

Hube2002, make sure that you have 'sky_night.bmp' in your GFX folder (I cant see as you have half the folder cut off in the pic) as that is the bmp with the big Moon and I have that bmp installed in a lot of these schemes, so if you do not have that file, you will get either a blank background or an error message

okay Abb1, my patient tutor, this may be too much but i took some pics to help and let me know when and if i should start a separate thread for this, i don't want to step on toes...

all the themes now work except Xerses (new & full moon) & pioneer (red & blue night). All other night schemes work but no big moon in any of them. I assume the day schemes will work the same but i only tried a few. I tested all night schemes. As you can see the stock pioneer scheme has a plain grey background and the Xerses has a dark blue or light black. I named each pic for its respective scheme.

I think this is the same issue i had with diaftias mod, it was in my files, probably from too much modding but once i followed Alex's advice and started with a fresh 3.0 then upgraded to 3.0.2 it worked.

anyhow, i wanted you to see the pics, you can see every scheme and how for the most pat the moons are all the same size.

post-30542-12872761413737_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761419364_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761452675_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761457821_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761462695_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761467131_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761471442_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761475702_thumb.jpg

post-30542-1287276148059_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761484963_thumb.jpg

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDT,

I don't know if is a bug or my unit, but the trip computer does not work for me. All numbers stay on zero. I have tested several time.

...with the previous version of your mod it work!

trip computer is a known problem on all mods laeding us to believe that the problem is caused by the unit,

IDT,

I just got back from a 30 min trip and here is what I found out:

Trip computer did not work as I a previously mention but i was using navteq maps (No Trip computer, no signboard) on split screen, so, I used the map changer and went back to TeleAtlas. Now on split screen, Trip Computer work and signboard shows up.

Hope you understand!

all the themes now work except Xerses (new & full moon) & pioneer (red & blue night). All other night schemes work but no big moon in any of them. I assume the day schemes will work the same but i only tried a few. I tested all night schemes. As you can see the stock pioneer scheme has a plain grey background and the Xerses has a dark blue or light black. I named each pic for its respective scheme.

The Xerses schemes have been fixed, I dont know how I missed them. I havent tested them, but they should now work.

-As far as your big moon, I forgot that I modified his GFX file when it first came out. Here is the fix:

-Extract the 'sky_night.zip' file

-Place the 'sky_night.bmp' image file into your GFX folder that you have in your igo folder

-Now you got a big moon

I dont know what else I changed in it, but now you got your 'big moon' :)

* The Pioneer schemes, I am not touching because they are part of the original AVIC and if the system is ever defaulted back to original, you need these files intact and not not pointing to another location from the default, if this happens, your NAV WILL NOT START! With all these schemes, who wants to use the basic ones anyways?

Scheme.zip

sky_night.zip

IDT,

Trip computer did not work as I a previously mention but i was using navteq maps (No Trip computer, no signboard) on split screen, so, I used the map changer and went back to TeleAtlas. Now on split screen, Trip Computer work and signboard shows up.

Hope you understand!

as far as i know tripcomputer problems cannot be caused by maps at all, no one has resolved this problem and no one has a clue how to, i have been using trip computer ever since and have not had any problem with the tripcomputer, this is i think a problem with either the unit or iGO itself,

regarding the signboard, NAVTEQ maps don't have that much detail (signboard, speed limit signs, turn restrictions) as compared to teleatlas maps, well atleast here in canada, that's why the signboard is not showing up

as far as i know tripcomputer problems cannot be caused by maps at all, no one has resolved this problem and no one has a clue how to, i have been using trip computer ever since and have not had any problem with the tripcomputer, this is i think a problem with either the unit or iGO itself,

regarding the signboard, NAVTEQ maps don't have that much detail (signboard, speed limit signs, turn restrictions) as compared to teleatlas maps, well atleast here in canada, that's why the signboard is not showing up

For the record, I use the trip computer on a regular basis since it was first incorporated in mods. I have NEVER had a problem with the trip computer which makes me believe that the problem is not hardware related but rather software related. Something within the APL2 folder is causing these problems. The only way to find out what the problem is, is to test all combinations of mods that you have installed, ranging from ezrider, software bypass, warning bypass, etc.. There is a conflict there somewheres and for those that have problems with the trip computer, it is just a matter of elimination and always make sure that you have the latest files installed (ezrider, etc..). As I mentioned, the tripcomputer has worked FLAWLESS for me from day one on all my Teleatlas maps and now my Navteq maps.

Is the signboard issue fixed?

yes, i found the culprit,

for those guys who wants a quickfix regarding the signboard bug open your navigatemap.ui and look for this script

and and change it to

as you can see a simple coding error like having " " on your variable could have a serious effect on the navi,

for those who doesn't want to do this a minor update will be out this weekend with that fixed and a minor bug i found in the planmode screen

IDT,

Hope you understand!

Agree with abb1, it has to be software releated since now is working fine with teleatlas maps on my unit. I also tested with Diaftia's mod and work fine. No luck on navteq maps.

...thank you for the signboard fix!!! ...some Mula your way!!! :wink:

I just loaded this into my 3.0 f90bt and this is by far the coolest mod out there. Installed flawlessly and had no trouble modifying some icons on the av side after. Everything seems to work great. Now time to spend a few weeks and a trip to Vegas with it and see how things perform. Thanks IDT, this worked perfectly.

IDT,

Hope you understand!

Agree with abb1, it has to be software releated since now is working fine with teleatlas maps on my unit. I also tested with Diaftia's mod and work fine. No luck on navteq maps.

...thank you for the signboard fix!!! ...some Mula your way!!! :wink:

I also agree that it is software related given the fact that the TC works sometimes without issue then at other times it does not. I did a 3.0 install on a friends f90bt and his TC has worked ever since using the x910bt files. I have thought about doing a complete wipe on mine but I paid for the pioneer update and I don't have the time at the moment. (who really does anymore) something tells me that it has to do with a corrupted file just like the gpspara problem but even if I found this to be true it would be hard to keep it from happening.

Anyway, thanks IDT for the signboard fix. I'm going to give it a whirl.

yes, i found the culprit,

for those guys who wants a quickfix regarding the signboard bug open your navigatemap.ui and look for this script

and and change it to

as you can see a simple coding error like having " " on your variable could have a serious effect on the navi,

for those who doesn't want to do this a minor update will be out this weekend with that fixed and a minor bug i found in the planmode screen

Where is the navigatemap.ui file?

Thanks