AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

My mistake.... I am getting the x910bt.... Does this help me as far as modding goes?

Yes, the X910 DOES run Windows CE and can be modded. The new X920 unfortunately cannot :(

I thought all of windows ce apps loads on windows mobile. I tried some of the apps made for windows ce and they all loaded just fine with windows mobile.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

My mistake.... I am getting the x910bt.... Does this help me as far as modding goes?

Yes, the X910 DOES run Windows CE and can be modded. The new X920 unfortunately cannot :(

I thought all of windows ce apps loads on windows mobile. I tried some of the apps made for windows ce and they all loaded just fine with windows mobile.

Arrrgh..... my mistake, it is Windows Auto 5.5 ( I think), NOT Windows Mobile 5.5. It is a unique OS that Microsoft developed for automotive use. It is almost run on a DOS based system which is a lot faster, however, it does not have a windows environment that can be modded.

diaftia or anyone,

I added a button to the quick menu to launch an application but after launching the app, the "OFF" button on the lower right corner appears with the app. How do I launch it without the "OFF" button?

You will be able to change the buttons in the next version through the GUI.

For now you just need to use another image. Usually I have to create an image in photoshop and save it as a BMP with how I want it. In your case just use an image that works for now and you should be able to more easily get this done in the future.

This is a great mod, thanks for compiling all the work and for all the hard work of those who made the mods, thank you too!

One question:

How does one change orientation/perspective modes? For example on the 3.0 firmware one could click on the compass and the views would toggle from 2D North Up, to 2D Direction up, to 3D driver's perspective.

I am not quite sure how to do this! I went on a roadtrip and for certain segments there were issues with this... the road was viewed sideways and I was traveling along it in the same direction. It was very confusing and frustrating, because of my ignorance, lol.

Please comment.

Thanks again.

The X series has the same OS and firmware as the F series. This will probably be the end of the line for Pioneer and Windows CE. Their new X920BT coming out in March shares the same OS as the Z110 meaning it cannot be moddified :(

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.

Has anyone successfully installed these mods to a X710BT running 3.02?

These mods will work fine on an X710BT running 3.02

ABB1 - Thanks for the reply. I think I used an outdated Testmode folder as I got a not enough memory (on SD Card) message when trying to create a backup for MyFlashDisk. I'll give it another shot with the Testmode folder downloaded from the link in this thread.

While navigating Windows Explorer on the AVIC unit I noticed that there is a folder entitled something like "Copy of MyFlashDisk". I was having a difficult time hitting the very tiny copy & paste command lines when I attempted to create the backup. Did I accidentally paste the MyFlashDisk folder back onto the AVIC unit with one of my attempts or is that "Copy of" folder supposed to be there?

Edit - Tried to create backup once more with new Testmode folder. I still get the not enough room on SD Card (8gb) error message. I then entered the MyFlashDisk folder and selected and copied all files and folders from within MyFlashDisk and successfully pasted to the SD Card. "Copy of MyFlashDisk" folder is no longer present on the AVIC unit so I guess this was part of the unsuccessful copy and paste. I have now loaded the mod and all seems to work good. I just need to figure out the various options and features.

I too love this mod.....Has anyone had any luck getting 3D cars working on Daftias...I tried a couple times and and it gets stuck on system startup screen ....im guessing I have an error in my sys.txt ... I used IDT's sys.txt corrections to run the cars it works on his mod thought it would be the same for Daftias...any help would be awesome.

this is mod is working great, just wondering if there is any way to change the "SPEEDO" color from red to blue? or any other color for that matter?

Its an image. You can use any image you want as long as its a BMP that is 800x480 in size. You will have to open up the data.zip and replace the AJG_Carbon.bmp image. Be aware though that the image has backgrounds built in to make some text easier to read.