AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

hi Alex,

can you tell me why (on IDT's mod) why when i long press the compass (to get to the speed-o screen)it crashes and then hangs on splash screen?

i have to delete user save files to get it back up and that is a drag cause i have to redo a lot of the POI icons.

Just asking cause i seen you were online...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Oooomf.

So i completed this. Not sure i see anything different. Admittedly the biggest thing I was looking for was to play video without my e-brake on.

But that still doesnt work.

ill have to see if anything else seems like it updated.

-R

yup it looks like the other changes work but not the play video while Ebrake is not engaged.

Weird. Could version 3.020100 have anything to do with it?

Very weird.

Whats the best way to bring up a list of the nearest POI's?

For example... say I'm parked (for legal purposes:)) and I want to look for the nearest Starbucks. I press the quick menu, then POI, then...? This is where I get a little confused. And do you know if there's a way to always have the turn by turn directions set to off rather then muting it all the time on a new route?

For example... say I'm parked (for legal purposes:)) and I want to look for the nearest Starbucks. I press the quick menu, then POI, then...? This is where I get a little confused. And do you know if there's a way to always have the turn by turn directions set to off rather then muting it all the time on a new route?

I would go for poi search then type in starbucks.It will list all the starbucks with the nearest at the top of the list.As for your second point,just don't plan a route then you won't get either the turn directions or the voice prompts?????

I would go for poi search then type in starbucks.It will list all the starbucks with the nearest at the top of the list.As for your second point,just don't plan a route then you won't get either the turn directions or the voice prompts?????

Thats the way I've been doing it, wasnt sure if there was another way.

I noticed that when Im driving and on that search screen, the miles to the destination dont update. Is that done on purpose? My standalone NAV would count down the miles if I were driving towards it, and remove from the search if I drove passed it.

hi Alex,

can you tell me why (on IDT's mod) why when i long press the compass (to get to the speed-o screen)it crashes and then hangs on splash screen?

i have to delete user save files to get it back up and that is a drag cause i have to redo a lot of the POI icons.

Just asking cause i seen you were online...

Hmm... not too sure. Going to have to take that up with IDT. Sounds like there may be a coding issue someplace.

Oooomf.

So i completed this. Not sure i see anything different. Admittedly the biggest thing I was looking for was to play video without my e-brake on.

But that still doesnt work.

ill have to see if anything else seems like it updated.

-R

yup it looks like the other changes work but not the play video while Ebrake is not engaged.

Weird. Could version 3.020100 have anything to do with it?

Very weird.

Spoke to you offline. You might want to hold the reset and eject button for 5 seconds after doing my update. I should put that in the install instructions.

For the nag kill look at carvers thread. Either way you are going to need to ground your parking brake wire.

There is a search for POI's around cursor in the quick menu. You can also go to the route planning screen and click on the search button there too.

As far as the mute all the time, that is in the next release.

There is a search for POI's around cursor in the quick menu. You can also go to the route planning screen and click on the search button there too.

As far as the mute all the time, that is in the next release.

Thats what Ive been doing as far as POI searches.... only thing Im running into as an issue is when I do a search for something, one would think that it would sort by closest and as I was driving (while still in the search results screen) the distance would get smaller since I was driving towards that POI, and if I passed that POI then it would go away from the search field and then the next closest would appear. This doesnt seem to be the case now. And if I do a search for Starbucks while I'm driving, I honestly dont know where its pulling my location or the POI location because it doesnt seem to be close to where I'm actually at. But it does however show the miles as 2-3 miles away, but the city/address is incorrect. I dont think this is a "theme/mod" issue but possibly a POI issue?

Im using the branding file located here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18428

when I do a search for something, one would think that it would sort by closest

All of that and more is defiantly in the new version. Putting the final touches on the POI code at the moment

Cheers

34by151

I have the "latest" version... unless there was an update that I'm unaware of?

when I do a search for something, one would think that it would sort by closest

All of that and more is defiantly in the new version. Putting the final touches on the POI code at the moment

Cheers

34by151

I have the "latest" version... unless there was an update that I'm unaware of?

The new version isn't out yet 34x151 and Diafia are working on it......

ovalball: The new version isn't out yet 34x151 and Diafia are working on it......

Awesome.... I would def. love to see that feature. Its a pain when you have to cancel out of the search listings and search again while you're moving.

On another note, is there an easy way to delete a via point via the quick menu? Im deleting the whole destination, then re-adding it now.