AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

N-S-E-W wrote:

Or you can add to the sys.txt file:

[poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

Can I also edit the sys.txt and change default lat & long to my location as well as default day and night schemes to those of my choosing??

As far as I know the Long and Lat setting in sys.txt is only the start location that the AVIC will boot to when it has no GPS lock.

You can use whatever scheme you like as long as the files are in place to support them (like DPDurst). All standard schemes should work fine.

Alex

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I tried removing the "zoom=1000" from the code string for the signposts and yet they still show up small. WHat gives?

Also, regardless of the transparency settings, on or off, the freeway signs are still transparent and hardly visible.

Any thoughts?

Been reading here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26901

Maybe this is whee the demons lie...:(

Thanx,

Bud

Freeway signs are limited in width. Adjust the W= setting and it will make them larger.

Transparency is for the navigation backgrounds not the freeway signs. Working on that put all changes to the signposts require a reboot.

Alex

Thanx, Alex, N-S-E-W, et. al !!

Probably generic problem. But anyone experiencing a problem in destination time (ETA)? Mine adds one hour to the travel time. Puzzles me (time on screen and satt is ok).

Any ideas or is it a daylight savings problem which will solve itself in a few weeks?

Same for me, started 2 days ago GPS time is correct, time do destination is correct, but ETA is one hour later. So when you are just 1 min away from your destination at noon, it still shows an ETA of 1:00 pm

Jörg

I do have another problem, with the Europe implementation of this mod. In Belgium, our highway signs have a blue background, as opposed to green in the US. Merten has changed this, but apparently on highway intersections this reverts back to white on green. Anybody has a clue where this ambiguity comes from?

Weo

Hi all,

I have installed the mod this afternoon and was overwelmed about all the settings i made.. So thats great :D.

Good job to those involved in developing this.

But i actually have a few question.

I used to have nice green way pointers on the map, Instead of the bouncing black ones. Is there any option to change that back. Or maybe restore the whole 3D part (without the horizon) as it was a lot clearer and the map ran a lot smoother. And the highway signs now show the names next to each other instead of under. Is this normal ?

Now i also have an issue with my GPS. While standing still the maps start to spin, like it doesnt no wich direction im facing. I used to have this problem before while running firmwarre 2.0 after mocing to 3.0 this was solved. Anybody has an idea on how to solve this ?

Hi all,

I have installed the mod this afternoon and was overwelmed about all the settings i made.. So thats great :D.

Good job to those involved in developing this.

But i actually have a few question.

I used to have nice green way pointers on the map, Instead of the bouncing black ones. Is there any option to change that back. Or maybe restore the whole 3D part (without the horizon) as it was a lot clearer and the map ran a lot smoother. And the highway signs now show the names next to each other instead of under. Is this normal ?

Now i also have an issue with my GPS. While standing still the maps start to spin, like it doesnt no wich direction im facing. I used to have this problem before while running firmwarre 2.0 after mocing to 3.0 this was solved. Anybody has an idea on how to solve this ?

Hi Ben.Regarding the pointers,have a look in sys.txt and see that you have a line something like this.If yours is set to =0(ie OFF)change it to =1(ON)

[3d]

show_guidance_arrows=1

show_guidance_strip=1

Good Luck!

Hi Ovalball,

Thanks for the suggestion, that will probalby solve the issue. Your sure however that both should be set to =1 ?

So then it would be :

show_guidance_arrows=0

show_guidance_strip=1

I also noticed this is different from a defualt sys.txt.

Diafta mod :

[gps]

port=7

baud=9600

default_latitude="34.05116"

default_longitude="-118.24258"

Original :

[gps]

port=7

baud=9600

default_latitude="0.0"

default_longitude="0.0"

You think this could solve my gps issue ?

This is a hardware issue, not a software one. The GPS which is attached to your AVIC gets the signals from satellites. The direction that you are going dictates when the vehicle is in motion so the GPS can determine which direction you are going. When the car is motionless, the GPS cannot predict which direction you will be travelling until you go in motion. That is why when you are stopped, the map spins and is in an off direction until you put the car in motion again. I have had this forever, no matter what mapping software I had. The earlier models were not so bad because they had a 1-2 sec lag time, so it would not start to go off course until 2 sec after you are stopped. The AVIC's though are very accurate!

Just thought I'd add my two cents. I had this spinning map problem. It bugged me. Stopped is stopped. It SHOULDN'T move until I do, even if it's pointing wrong. After all, if I've just pulled up to a red light and stopped, it brought me here, now wait till I move.

In your settings you should find a 'Keep Position On Road.' Turn it off. The spinning stops. And when you go off road (into a plaza or such) the unit doesn't go crazy trying to keep you on a road. I just like it better. Give it a shot.

Hi Ovalball,

Thanks for the suggestion, that will probalby solve the issue. Your sure however that both should be set to =1 ?

So then it would be :

show_guidance_arrows=0

show_guidance_strip=1

I also noticed this is different from a defualt sys.txt.

Diafta mod :

[gps]

port=7

baud=9600

default_latitude="34.05116"

default_longitude="-118.24258"

Original :

[gps]

port=7

baud=9600

default_latitude="0.0"

default_longitude="0.0"

Ben.I have both mine set to=1 because i want to see both the guidance strip and the cursur.If you only want the guidance strip then set the other value to =0 8)