AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Just wondering anyone knows how to reduce the size of the ROUTE identifying logo when using NavTeq map? With TA map, I get a single number under a not-so-esthetic high white way sign.

I find this logo to be excessively large!

Thanks.

post-42373-1287276217993_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I would think that critical files such as DATA.zip and Image.res and any currently opened files could not be replaced using the built-in UI. You still have to boot to TestMode in order to replaced those files.

Furthermore, even if you could do so for some other files, you still have to reboot the HU in order to make the changes active.

Am I wrong?

If you are reatoring the whole avic and or the data.zip you need to reboot to load this into memory, this is provided in the same menu

cheers

34by151

Ya know what would be really nice (and I think I remember somebody saying something about it in this thread) is if you could have a file explorer built in so that you could insert your SD card and copy files over to the flashdisk without ever having to boot up WINCE. Just do it all inside the UI. Is this possible?

That's in the new version as is the ability to backup and restore and delete your settings as well as the whole avic

Cheers

34by151

MAN......can't wait!! :D:D:D

I would think that critical files such as DATA.zip and Image.res and any currently opened files could not be replaced using the built-in UI. You still have to boot to TestMode in order to replaced those files.

Furthermore, even if you could do so for some other files, you still have to reboot the HU in order to make the changes active.

Am I wrong?

If you are reatoring the whole avic and or the data.zip you need to reboot to load this into memory, this is provided in the same menu

cheers

34by151

Looks like this is going to be a huge mod :P .

I just wanted to say thank you to Diaftia and everyone else who has contributed to this mod. Everything installs very easily if you follow the instructions and it works perfectly so far. I have an X910BT and I actually like using it now...

By the way, I was curious where all of the locations for the Speed and Red Light cameras were so I took the data and mapped out the locations. This is for all of the points that were in the files as of today....

post-42649-12872762218818_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you to Diaftia and everyone else who has contributed to this mod. Everything installs very easily if you follow the instructions and it works perfectly so far. I have an X910BT and I actually like using it now...

By the way, I was curious where all of the locations for the Speed and Red Light cameras were so I took the data and mapped out the locations. This is for all of the points that were in the files as of today....

[attachment=0]SpeedCameraMap.jpg[/attachment]

What I do here is take my camera database file and convert the whole file as a .kml file. I then copy it to my SD card so it will show in the list of POI. This allows me to search along my route for any traffic cameras that might be encountered along the way.

What's Up Guys. I have to say this the only mod worth risking a brick. Anyways, I have a couple of questions. I've trying to make bt calls and while in navi it doesn't show the hangup option or pick up options. I have to be in something else. So my questions is. . . What's up with that? What's with that? <~~ snl skit ever seen it? :lol: also, whats a reasonable donation?

One more question. This morning i saw the landmarks. I drove right by minute maid park and saw the frickin park. Then later I didn't see them anymore. Anyone know why? I have been messing with it as far as setting but I don't remember messing with the 3d settings. Your thoughts?

What I do here is take my camera database file and convert the whole file as a .kml file. I then copy it to my SD card so it will show in the list of POI. This allows me to search along my route for any traffic cameras that might be encountered along the way.

Using KML files is rather slow. The best thing to is create an update file. I posted an camera editor the other day in another thread. Also a good app is availible on the gurjon website

Cheers

34by151

Using KML files is rather slow. The best thing to is create an update file. I posted an camera editor the other day in another thread. Also a good app is availible on the gurjon website

Cheers

34by151

Yea I think you missed the point. The camera database files don't allow you to search an area for camera locations. This method does. And its not slow for the application I am using for.

Yea I think you missed the point. The camera database files don't allow you to search an area for camera locations. This method does. And its not slow for the application I am using for.

What I was getting at is that KML files are really slow. The best thing is to convert into a native format. If you want that as POI's rather than speedcams convert to igo poi format rather use kml.

If you do use POI's for camera make sure you set them up in there own group then use the advanced speed cam options (poi's) to give you the alerts back. This wont give you the times, direction or speeds though .

On another note I finished the rewrite of the POI code on the weekend. Among the new features are On Screen POI's lists, I will double check but this will show native speed cams as well as poi's. Again I need to check it is working but you will be able to search speed cams within poi's as well

Cheers

34by151

On another note I finished the rewrite of the POI code on the weekend. Among the new features are On Screen POI's lists, I will double check but this will show native speed cams as well as poi's. Again I need to check it is working but you will be able to search speed cams within poi's as well

Cheers

34by151

I saw in Garmin or Magellan GPS that when the list of POI is shown, the distance is continuously updating while the car is moving. This is however not the case with the iGo software, where the distance is static at the moment the list is created. Any mod that addresses this shortcoming?

I saw in Garmin or Magellan GPS that when the list of POI is shown, the distance is continuously updating while the car is moving. This is however not the case with the iGo software, where the distance is static at the moment the list is created. Any mod that addresses this shortcoming?

This had already been done in the new skin

Cheers

34by151

Hello, this is a great mod! I stopped messing around with my avic over a year ago. Boy things have gone a long long way since then.

Well I am having one issue. There are some many new settings and features. I cant figure out how to get to the sky to show up. The map is in 2d looking strait down with north up.

thanks for the help