AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

You can mix and match POI and map providers, though. You can even use several sets of POIs at once. I.e., for IL and neigboring states I use both TeleAtlas and Navteq POIs, which gives a reasonable coverage.

Hmmm, how would that work? the Navteq and the TA maps have the POI's with the same file name. Eg. Navteq POI's for Canada are called 'canada.poi' and the Teleatlas POI's are also named 'canada.poi'. One will just overwrite the other one as they cannot both exist in the same folder with the same file name

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Exactly.. I believe the exact setting is Lane Guidance. Switch that off.

Right now the destination route can be set to display in the settings over next turn name. There is no shortcut only because I have ran out of things to be able to click on! ;) I will check and see what I can do though.

Thanks for the response Diaftia.

Is there lane guidance when there is no active route? I get the tone with and without a route being active. Earlier today with a route active I got the exact same tone when the lane guidance popped up on the screen so perhaps it is at least related to lane guidance.

Thanks also for looking into a shortcut for viewing the destination address. I get to the location and ask myself "what was that address again..." and I drive by the location before I can push all the buttons required to display the address #.

You can mix and match POI and map providers, though. You can even use several sets of POIs at once. I.e., for IL and neigboring states I use both TeleAtlas and Navteq POIs, which gives a reasonable coverage.

Hmmm, how would that work? the Navteq and the TA maps have the POI's with the same file name. Eg. Navteq POI's for Canada are called 'canada.poi' and the Teleatlas POI's are also named 'canada.poi'. One will just overwrite the other one as they cannot both exist in the same folder with the same file name

I would like to know how that work too. Is there a setting that can tell igo what file name to look for?

Is there lane guidance when there is no active route? I get the tone with and without a route being active. Earlier today with a route active I got the exact same tone when the lane guidance popped up on the screen so perhaps it is at least related to lane guidance.

Most of this has been done completed for the new version or is the process of being tested. You now have options for the default mute when you start a route as well as options for muting lane guidance, turn restriction ect

Cheers

34by151

Does the same concept apply to the building files and terrain fiels? (.3dl, .3dc, .dem, etc..)

Yes it does

Cheers

34by151

Well, for terrain files it will just pick the most detailed one, AFAIK, so there's no nee? to keep several files covering the same area (they tend to be pretty large, too). For 3D buildings though it should pick up whatever's there, although if there are 3D files that have the same building, but with slightly ?????????? models, it will be a mess on screen...

For any content file, though, the file name is completely irrelevant. Extension determines if iGO looks at it at all, and actual file data determines if it is used for any particular operation (i.e. when you are in Chicago, it knows to pull the 3DL/3DC files for Illinois and not to touch others).

Alex,

Thank you for all the hard work. Your mods have transformed my X910 into the unit it should be and makes the AVIC one of the best GPS units out there. I finally felt guilty enough about enjoying the mods to send a token of my appreciation - you have a new donation on your paypal account.

Regards,

Ken

You can just install the image.res file into the APL folder. :)

Thank you, and all of Diaftia's latest mods will remain the same?

Yes just the colours change,not the mod itself.

Well this will be for all of the settings and sat radio/ipod stuff. All of the navigation side of things will remain the same. If you want to change all of that too then you need to run the full pack. In the image.res files the images stay the same name they just change the color/look of them so they are fully compatible.

Alex,

Thank you for all the hard work. Your mods have transformed my X910 into the unit it should be and makes the AVIC one of the best GPS units out there. I finally felt guilty enough about enjoying the mods to send a token of my appreciation - you have a new donation on your paypal account.

Regards,

Ken

Thank you very much for the donation Ken! Always greatly appreciated!