AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

My suggestions for a future release:

• [*:1nhhvgn7]Improve the ipod player with:
    • [*:1nhhvgn7]1) a memory of what genre/artist/album you are playing, so that when you go to that specific menu it remembers where you were, instead of going to the start of the alphabet again;[*:1nhhvgn7]2) allow the album/artist on the "now playing" screen to be clickable, and take you to that artist/album.

Please note that currently, the Audio part (iPod) of the AVIC is not "hackable". Only the navi part is for now.

For the images viewer or screen saver, it would take the Leetlauncher to accomplish, which is not the intent of this nav mod, I think ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Please note that currently, the Audio part (iPod) of the AVIC is not "hackable". Only the navi part is for now.

Go it. Does the phone sit in this category? I had two phone related ideas:

• [*:3rj17v2t]allow the phone volume to be controlled by the volume wheel[*:3rj17v2t]Allow clicking on other parts of the screen while the phone is in call

Another thing I have noticed with the phone is that when I turn by avic off, the call ends, even if I have already turned the phone off Bluetooth. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the car and start walking on the same phone call. But that might be an issue with my phone or Bluetooth spec itself. Not sure.

Go it. Does the phone sit in this category? I had two phone related ideas:

• [*:3u1qxew3]allow the phone volume to be controlled by the volume wheel[*:3u1qxew3]Allow clicking on other parts of the screen while the phone is in call

Another thing I have noticed with the phone is that when I turn by avic off, the call ends, even if I have already turned the phone off Bluetooth. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the car and start walking on the same phone call. But that might be an issue with my phone or Bluetooth spec itself. Not sure.

This is an issue with the AVIC and has nothing to do with this or any other mod
This is an issue with the AVIC and has nothing to do with this or any other mod

Got it, so I guess it's not fixable with any mod either then?

You're right (phone not moddable)! Like I said, only the NAV part is moddable. Leetlauncher is something different to allow other custom programs to run instead of the stock softwares, but its development has been interrupted since a long time ago.

You just put the path of your emulalor directory between the " and the " eg my emukator bat file is

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\deviceemulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /c nk.bin /sharedfolder "C:\Documents and Settings\Col\Desktop\Avic_Emulator"

My directory is in "C:\Documents and Settings\Col\Desktop\Avic_Emulator"

Hope this helps :)

I have some questions about the track logs option. I notice that when you turn off the unit, the logs aren't recorded automatically next time it starts, is there a way to fix that? Also, is it possible for the altitude information to be logged as well, the logs the AVIC records have no altitude information whatsoever.

And the most important, is there a way to export all track logs at once, like the original software has?

And if I may, it would be really great if in the next version the font used would be one that has the all the european charsets (like eastern european), because the names here have a lot of diacritic marks and with the current font they're displayed as "?". :)

My suggestions for a future release:

• [*:7s2zbamp]Improve the ipod player with:
    • [*:7s2zbamp]1) a memory of what genre/artist/album you are playing, so that when you go to that specific menu it remembers where you were, instead of going to the start of the alphabet again;[*:7s2zbamp]2) allow the album/artist on the "now playing" screen to be clickable, and take you to that artist/album.

[*:7s2zbamp]Move all the navigation volume controls (master, volume, dynamic, etc) to one screen, because it currently take dozens of clicks to set the nav volume.

[*:7s2zbamp]Play a sample sound when clicking any of the volume controls

[*:7s2zbamp]Add an image gallery screen saver, so I can use the device as a mobile photoframe (I take a lot of pics and never enjoy them)

[*:7s2zbamp]Allow long-press of the menu button to do something (I think it currently doesn't do anything, right?)

[*:7s2zbamp]Have an easier way to turn the screen on/off that is always available from any screen (long press menu?)

That's a start but I'll add more as I think of them.

First of all the mods for the next version are closed, We are currently debugging and will not be adding any more before the next release. If we did we would never get it finished. However let me say the list is extensive.

OK most of that is already in the new version.

Ipod is part of the AV app and the Mods only cover the Igo Nav, so No Ipod mods now or in the future

All the volume controls are in one place, the settings menus have been rewritten to make it easier to use

All the volume controls play sounds when adjusting

The menu has been totally rewritten, I am not going to go into it before the public beta, but I think everyone will be very impressed with the changes.

Screen on off is covered by the menu and is user configurable

As for turning the avic into a photo frame, Why?. That is not on the list of mods. We may consider that for a future release if enough people want it. However nothing stops you putting this together for yourself. The screen off functions have been documented on the forum extensively. Just do a search

Cheers

34by151

I have some questions about the track logs option. I notice that when you turn off the unit, the logs aren't recorded automatically next time it starts, is there a way to fix that? Also, is it possible for the altitude information to be logged as well, the logs the AVIC records have no altitude information whatsoever.

And the most important, is there a way to export all track logs at once, like the original software has?

And if I may, it would be really great if in the next version the font used would be one that has the all the european charsets (like eastern european), because the names here have a lot of diacritic marks and with the current font they're displayed as "?". :)

If yo log in nmea format alt is logged as well. The track logs issue is fixed in the next version. Included in the next version are extensive data management features including but not limited to the ability to backup and restore your avic. So yes you can export all in one go.

I don't have any info on non English char sets however if you have that please PM us so we can check this in the public beta tests

Cheers

34by151

As for turning the avic into a photo frame, Why?.

I guess I was just thinking, if I am not using the unit, what else useful could it do besides being turned off? Using it as a mobile picture frame seemed pretty neat to me.

Can't wait to see the new version!