AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

it would be even nice to just see some screenies of the upcoming release, which shouldn't be a problem seeing that this mod has been in construction for several months. It would just be nice just to see something........

I second that idea, while I appreciate very much the people working on the project, it has been a long wait for us followers so it would be indeed nice to have some screen shots to share, as this will also pump up interest!

Thanks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I have been using this alot over the last several days and I am very pleased with it. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to make a saved poi search.

Also, Is there a list of all features documented in one place? Most I have figured out myself, but if there are some press and hold things I might never stumble across them.

Apparently in final debugging, just before releasing to beta testing.

lol, this is a post from Mar 29th

Re: Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

by 34by151 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 pm

As soon as we finish debugging

Cheers

34by151

Lol, looks like it is time to call an exterminator :lol:

I installed this and now am a little lost.

I can't see the "Delete Route" and "Mute Navigation" buttons on the Map screen. They were there when I installed this mod, but then I fiddled with the settings and now they are gone and I can't seem to find the option to make them available again.

Also, is there a place where I can find the explanation for all the settings in this mod?

This mod package looks amazing, huge improvement over the default.

I'm looking to get this running on my x710bt running v3.02 as soon as I pick up an SD card. My only concern is that I'm in Canada, so is there an option to change the regional settings so that KM/H and meters are displayed instead of MPH and feet?

If not through preferences, in sys.txt or something? Has anyone tried this and does it apply across the board to all screens, like the speedometer etc?

Also, on a side note, can I boot to Windows CE from USB as long as it's FAT32 or does it have to be from an SD card?

Sorry if any of this was covered in previous posts, I've literally read hundreds of them in a couple of sittings and it's a lot to absorb.

Thanks in advance.

This mod package looks amazing, huge improvement over the default.

I'm looking to get this running on my x710bt running v3.02 as soon as I pick up an SD card. My only concern is that I'm in Canada, so is there an option to change the regional settings so that KM/H and meters are displayed instead of MPH and feet?

If not through preferences, in sys.txt or something? Has anyone tried this and does it apply across the board to all screens, like the speedometer etc?

Also, on a side note, can I boot to Windows CE from USB as long as it's FAT32 or does it have to be from an SD card?

Sorry if any of this was covered in previous posts, I've literally read hundreds of them in a couple of sittings and it's a lot to absorb.

Thanks in advance.

Yes there is a setting in the 'regional settings that lets you choose kph or mph, ft/meters. There is a thread somewheres about successfully running testmode using a usb but you have to do a search. I cannot understand why as SD cards are so plentiful and so cheap. I would just go and get a SD card

I second that idea, while I appreciate very much the people working on the project, it has been a long wait for us followers so it would be indeed nice to have some screen shots to share, as this will also pump up interest!

Thanks from both of us. We will release some screen shots when we are in beta.

Cheers

34by151

Guy's we will have this out as soon as we can. We are doing the debugging now before final beta testing.

I can't give you an exact release date other than to say it will be as soon as we can. Both of us are putting in as much time as possible but please realise this is not our job but a hobby.

I am sure most of you will be very happy with the final product and if not that's ok too. I can only speak personally when I say that I spend a lot of my day on the road in traffic, my efforts are to make driving and getting to where I need to go easier.

Having more than one persons idea's has made for a much bigger set of changes. As preferences on things differ and opinions on these are varied we have opted to solve this by doing both and giving you the option to select your own preferences in the settings. One example of this among many is the location of the menu. You have the option of where you want the menu located on the screen. So if like me you like to still see the speed signs when in the menu you can and if not you can have them covered.

We will be asking a lot of the beta testers including help with the user manual. While the new version retains the look and feel please be aware it is almost a total rewrite of the code not just a collection of mods. Much of the code is new and as such needs testing. Virtually nothing has been left untouched. As such it is quite a job to polish out all the things on the list.

All the code relating to features has been has been finished and we are are working through the list of bugs. We are running and testing on the road as we go. I am presently working out the bugs in the new TMC code. As this can not be tested in the emulator it is taking a while to work out as it has to be tested on the road and needs to function with both both MSN and TMC. There is also the added complexity of a single version for all models and regions. There will be only one release, the differences in regions and models are catered for in the code and configured in the settings menu.

As soon as we complete the final fixes we go into beta testing. We will need to test across all regions and a variety of models. During beta testing we will fix any bugs that crop up and with the assistance of the testers put together a full manual and installer. Screen shots and feature lists will come out of this process. I put out a new map update for the Aussie users not so long ago. This included an installer which is the basis of the installer for the new release.

So please be patient, we will finish and release as soon as we can and with the minimum of issues

Cheers

34by151

Sincerely thank you to both of you ... I am just kind of CAN'T WAIT ... :oops:

BTW, I posted the following previously and I am sure that you guys already knew what I am talking about ... just want to make sure as you said almost everything is configurable, so lot of writing will be performed to the Flash :mrgreen:

Quted "As for the realtime logging, it should never be considered as a solution because Flash memories are bonded with limited number of write cycles, so if you write very frequently to the same spot of memory, then it will eventually fail. Most Flash memory only lasts 10,000 write cycles, while the best could go up to 100,000. So it is not infinit.

Beware your coders and modders."

Thanks again!