AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Hello All-

Did my first bit of coding tonight in a LONG time. Was running my and 34by151's beta mods a for a while and went back to my 2.3 mods. I am now looking into merging what I want and need from my beta code to my old stuff. A lot of the features without some other stuff. Should still be great.

I am going to work slower than I was in the past to avoid the burnout that I had before but I will be working to get something out. Sorry for being out of touch so long. Looks like a lot has changed in the last 6-9 months. :)

Alex (diaftia)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Hey Alex,

This is indeed good news!!!

For many of us, your mod was great! If possible, please make the smartzoom works :mrgreen: .

Hey Abb remember what I told you, this forum will pick up again during the fall season.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! :)

Can you enlighten me again as to what doesn't work with it? Its been a while so I don't recall. I will turn it on and play with it on my way home.

I did get the weird map orientation thing fixed. I can post it if someone wants to know what it is and fix it on their own. Let me know.

Alex

Could you please re-upload the 2.3 versions? It seems the links are broken. I have 10/10, 11/5, and 12/17 versions, but I can't seem to find the v2.3 on my computer. Thanks.

Tim

P.S. I love your mod. I've been using it for over a year. It looks very professional- the way Pioneer should have made theirs. Thanks for all of the hard work putting it together.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! :)

Can you enlighten me again as to what doesn't work with it? Its been a while so I don't recall. I will turn it on and play with it on my way home.

I did get the weird map orientation thing fixed. I can post it if someone wants to know what it is and fix it on their own. Let me know.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Sorry to start your day with problem description :oops: , but please consider this as a feature request, and only if possible. I am sure that you will make many of us happy by making it works! :mrgreen:

Like many others (!!!), I am a die-hard user of smartzoom because I don't consider a navigation system smart if there is no smartzoom, and you can also find that feature in TomTom, Garmin, Magellan etc. I am certain that you know that already, when you drive closer to a turn, the angle of the map will tilt from a lower angle to a higher angle to show clearly the next maneuver, and at the same time, zoom-in closer to the intersection or turn, rather than stay at the same angle and same distance only to see the 3D landscape (we are navigating after all). Then it will revert to normal driving position after the turn.

I can't say for sure that you mod has this problem, since I used it only for a short period of time back 6 months ago, but I did use Abb's Chrome mod v3.x (or v4.x) that were based on your Hybrid mods v2.3, and it was not working and Abb told me that he didn't change any smartzoom code from your mod, hence the thinking.

If you want, you can try Abb's mod v2.75, misterblue's mod v4 or even my newly released mod v2.80, with smartzoom enabled in the settings. All of them are operating correctly.

Thank you for your time.

Chuck.

Could you please re-upload the 2.3 versions? It seems the links are broken. I have 10/10, 11/5, and 12/17 versions, but I can't seem to find the v2.3 on my computer. Thanks.

Tim

P.S. I love your mod. I've been using it for over a year. It looks very professional- the way Pioneer should have made theirs. Thanks for all of the hard work putting it together.

Links are all fixed. Looks like they got broken in the forum upgrade.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Sorry to start your day with problem description :oops: , but please consider this as a feature request, and only if possible. I am sure that you will make many of us happy by making it works! :mrgreen:

Like many others (!!!), I am a die-hard user of smartzoom because I don't consider a navigation system smart if there is no smartzoom, and you can also find that feature in TomTom, Garmin, Magellan etc. I am certain that you know that already, when you drive closer to a turn, the angle of the map will tilt from a lower angle to a higher angle to show clearly the next maneuver, and at the same time, zoom-in closer to the intersection or turn, rather than stay at the same angle and same distance only to see the 3D landscape (we are navigating after all). Then it will revert to normal driving position after the turn.

I can't say for sure that you mod has this problem, since I used it only for a short period of time back 6 months ago, but I did use Abb's Chrome mod v3.x (or v4.x) that were based on your Hybrid mods v2.3, and it was not working and Abb told me that he didn't change any smartzoom code from your mod, hence the thinking.

If you want, you can try Abb's mod v2.75, misterblue's mod v4 or even my newly released mod v2.80, with smartzoom enabled in the settings. All of them are operating correctly.

Thank you for your time.

Chuck.

Hey Chuck-

I tried it last night in 3D mode and in 2D mode and everything seemed to work great. Abb could have maybe made his mods from an older version of my mods or something. Not too sure. But it zoomed in at every turn in both map orientations and zoomed out after every turn.

Let me know if you see something different.

Alex

Hey Chuck-

I tried it last night in 3D mode and in 2D mode and everything seemed to work great. Abb could have maybe made his mods from an older version of my mods or something. Not too sure. But it zoomed in at every turn in both map orientations and zoomed out after every turn.

Let me know if you see something different.

Alex

No, that is the way that it is supposed to work. He wants it to work the way that it does on IDT's mod, and it doesn't as in your mod, you can change the tilt and that is what makes it different and also work different. This is a good thing to most, but not to chuck

No, that is the way that it is supposed to work. He wants it to work the way that it does on IDT's mod, and it doesn't as in your mod, you can change the tilt and that is what makes it different and also work different. This is a good thing to most, but not to chuck

Hmmm... not too sure what his does. I figured mine was more customizable with being able to change the tilt and zoom settings. I will take a look at IDT's stuff someday and see whats doing. Its good to know that functionally things seem to work fine.

BTW abb1, do you have a weird problem in your set (which I think is still based off my 2.3 mods, with map orientation changing from 3D to 2D sometimes?

Alex

Hmmm... not too sure what his does. I figured mine was more customizable with being able to change the tilt and zoom settings. I will take a look at IDT's stuff someday and see whats doing. Its good to know that functionally things seem to work fine.

BTW abb1, do you have a weird problem in your set (which I think is still based off my 2.3 mods, with map orientation changing from 3D to 2D sometimes?

Alex

Hi Alex, Abb is right, I am the one who fight since a long time to preserve this great feature of the iGo Navigation System.

To better understand what I mean, please take a look on this post:

Smartzoom pictures

Alex

Not when in 3D mode under normal driving circumstances, but when I am in 3D mode and then select the 'Home' button, it will switch into 2D mode. Not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience.

Not when in 3D mode under normal driving circumstances, but when I am in 3D mode and then select the 'Home' button, it will switch into 2D mode. Not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience.

It might be that immediately after selection HOME, iGo shows off the entire drawn route on the screen in 2D mode (fit to screen), and didn't save the previous 3D setting.

We also have this problem with IDT's base mod.