AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

a) At the bottom of my screen, when navigating on the highway, I don't see the arrows telling me what lane I should be in. I'm in Canada, just in case the region has an effect on the display.

B) At the top of the screen, I never see the green highway signs displayed, even when driving on major highways through big cities like Toronto and Montreal.

Am I missing out on these 2 features because of settings or is it some sort of a restriction on the x710bt??

You have those two features only when using NavTeq maps in Canada. TeleAtlas maps don't have that info.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

has there been any progress in the 3.0?

In my honest opinion, I dont think it will ever come out. Here is the reason for this. one thing that I have noticed to be a major setback in modding for the Avic unit is Windows CE's poor memory management. Making mods overly complex is going to devastate stability in this unit. I have noticed that when I was working on my mod that I have based on Diaftias with a tonne of new features and new bmp's. When I had my mod originally done in its beta mode it was 25.7 mb. This caused the unit to run poorly to the point that when a button was pressed it would lag and at one point even rebooted, which happens when the systems resources are used up. I was forced to reduce it to 20.5 mb for stability, and with my new update update it is now at 19.5 mb with new features and additions and because of the reduced file size, it has been rock solid so far. thinking back, I still remember 34X151 posting that his release was running almost at 27mb. At that size with complicated scripting it would be highly unstable and I think that stability is the reason that this mod is not coming to light. I am hoping that it does one day come out as we really need more mods to keep this forum alive, but after nearly 8 months of this mod being debugged, I highly doubt it

has there been any progress in the 3.0?

In my honest opinion, I dont think it will ever come out. Here is the reason for this. one thing that I have noticed to be a major setback in modding for the Avic unit is Windows CE's poor memory management. Making mods overly complex is going to devastate stability in this unit. I have noticed that when I was working on my mod that I have based on Diaftias with a tonne of new features and new bmp's. When I had my mod originally done in its beta mode it was 25.7 mb. This caused the unit to run poorly to the point that when a button was pressed it would lag and at one point even rebooted, which happens when the systems resources are used up. I was forced to reduce it to 20.5 mb for stability, and with my new update update it is now at 19.5 mb with new features and additions and because of the reduced file size, it has been rock solid so far. thinking back, I still remember 34X151 posting that his release was running almost at 27mb. At that size with complicated scripting it would be highly unstable and I think that stability is the reason that this mod is not coming to light. I am hoping that it does one day come out as we really need more mods to keep this forum alive, but after nearly 8 months of this mod being debugged, I highly doubt it

Abb, I agree mostly with you but Windows CE's memory management.

Windows CE is a capable OS. The only problem relies in the AVIC, its small memory size and its underpower AMR processor, which could turn out to be the source of so many timing problem in complexe scripts, sometime even lead to rebooting.

Windows CE is a capable OS. The only problem relies in the AVIC, its small memory size and its underpower AMR processor, which could turn out to be the source of so many timing problem in complexe scripts, sometime even lead to rebooting.

True, the memory size in the Avic is limited and that could be the problem of large complex mods as well, but I dont believe that is what is causing the constant memory errors when there is too much happening at once, such as when ilustrated text is enabled on route. This causes a memory error which can only occur in the windows cache, not the physical memory in the Avic. Remember Windows 98 when the system resources would get over 72 %, then the system would freeze. Windows CE is not much different

True, the memory size in the Avic is limited and that could be the problem of large complex mods as well, but I dont believe that is what is causing the constant memory errors when there is too much happening at once, such as when ilustrated text is enabled on route. This causes a memory error which can only occur in the windows cache, not the physical memory in the Avic. Remember Windows 98 when the system resources would get over 72 %, then the system would freeze. Windows CE is not much different

It's not so much Windows problem as some bugs in iGO. Since we have a custom build, rather than generic iGO, we do not benefit from newer releases with issues fixed, but tather just get whatever Pioneer orders from them. I am sure that letting NavNGo know about issues with custom skins is not at the top of Pioneer's priorities.

It's not so much Windows problem as some bugs in iGO. Since we have a custom build, rather than generic iGO, we do not benefit from newer releases with issues fixed, but tather just get whatever Pioneer orders from them. I am sure that letting NavNGo know about issues with custom skins is not at the top of Pioneer's priorities.

Yep. We have to live with whatever version Pioneer had bought from NNG. Next update will only be available from Pioneer!

:twisted:

Will this mod work on an AVIC F710BT? Looks fantastic! I've been searching through the posts and if I were to guess it would be yes. I just can't find a post confirming it.

TX

Home PageWikiBoard index ‹ Pioneer AVIC Navigation Units ‹ F Series ‹ Hacks/Mods ‹ Completed Mods/Themes

This mod is within the F-Series Hacks, so it will go with your AVIC.

:P

Thanks. It's amazing how different it looks. I didn't want to assume that since this thread was in this forum it applied to all F series units. I'm excited to try it out! :D

There are many other mods as well. Abb's Chrome mod V3.25 is derived from this Diaftia's mod, but with more functionalities.

Abb also have a Chrome mod V2.75.

Misterblue has an excellent mod derived from IDT's mod as well, simple and fast.