AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I am new to this forum. I installed this mod yesterday and it is fabulous.

I read 55 pages of this forum trying to find answers to the few questions I have and found nothing.

1. Is there a way to completely remove the sky mod from this?

2. I know the compass changes the view, however is there a way to make the "button" bigger? I can never hit the button unless I am using a stylus. I have no problems hitting the back button on other screens. Would it be too much trouble to make the button footprint the same size as the back button on the other screens?

3. I have noticed that sometimes it likes to switch to 2D mode on its own. I have not used this long enough to figure out when it does it, but just thought I would bring it up, and maybe someone knows why?

Thanks and great work!!!

"3. I have noticed that sometimes it likes to switch to 2D mode on its own. I have not used this long enough to figure out when it does it, but just thought I would bring it up, and maybe someone knows why?"

Just a thought. Have you checked your zoom settings? The map will switch to 2d when the next instruction is a distance greater than you have it set for. I have mine at 3 miles. When you are within the range set, it goes back to 3d. I also have mine set at a 5 mile overview. You can go up to 20 I think. it's your choice.

If this is not it, then another guess will have to be put forth. Good luck.

Could you clarify what you want to achieve? Remove the sky to see more real-estate of the map? You can play with smartzoom settings to do that.

3. I have noticed that sometimes it likes to switch to 2D mode on its own. I have not used this long enough to figure out when it does it, but just thought I would bring it up, and maybe someone knows why?

As Harvey_Gordon suggested, this is the Overview mode, you have likely set it to ON (or by default ON). Try to turn it OFF under navigation settings.

Could you clarify what you want to achieve? Remove the sky to see more real-estate of the map? You can play with smartzoom settings to do that.

As Harvey_Gordon suggested, this is the Overview mode, you have likely set it to ON (or by default ON). Try to turn it OFF under navigation settings.

I want to make it so it is not possible to see the sky at all and revert this portion of the mod. I live in the middle of nowhere and it looks pretty dumb seeing skyscrapers in the background.

Overview mode is OFF. Turned it off because I do not know what it is.

I will double check the settings again tomorrow just to double check, but I'm pretty sure its off. I'm a little confused on the Smartzoom thing too I guess. I would not think that would switch it to 2D mode? I thought it only zoomed in on the turn when you were getting close to it? I never used the navigation feature that much on this, before this mod, as I cant stand the voice.

I want to make it so it is not possible to see the sky at all and revert this portion of the mod. I live in the middle of nowhere and it looks pretty dumb seeing skyscrapers in the background.

Replace the [smartzoom] section in your SYS.TXT file (\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo) with the following and play with minangle and maxangle. The following settings might work for you without modification.

[smartzoom]
restore_smartzoom_on=1
speedzoom=6
speedangle=8
minzoom=40      ; distance from the car when zoom in
maxzoom=80      ; distance from the car when zoom out (normal navigation)
minangle=70     ; for Diaftia's mod: <= 70, incline properly at turn; starting with 75, no more inclining; at 80, start to see the sky
maxangle=90     ; 90 is the max angle to see the whole sky

On the other point, if it is not Overview=enabled, then it might be a bug in Diaftia's mod.

Good lucks.

is this supposed to have 3d buildings? mine doesn't show. please correct me if i'm wrong. Also, how do you get the speedometer to show up. There is only a small box on the map that shows your speed. Does it just read what your actual speedometer is showing or is the speed of the car really accurate?
Read the instructions. I think that they are on pg 24

I am having the same problem with the 3D buildings. I have tried all 3 settings from close to far and still see no buildings. I read the directions and didn't find the answer. Am I missing something or is there maybe another setting that needs to be enabled/disabled inorder for the bldgs to show??? Thanks in advance

Mike

is this supposed to have 3d buildings? mine doesn't show. please correct me if i'm wrong. Also, how do you get the speedometer to show up. There is only a small box on the map that shows your speed. Does it just read what your actual speedometer is showing or is the speed of the car really accurate?
Read the instructions. I think that they are on pg 24

I am having the same problem with the 3D buildings. I have tried all 3 settings from close to far and still see no buildings. I read the directions and didn't find the answer. Am I missing something or is there maybe another setting that needs to be enabled/disabled inorder for the bldgs to show??? Thanks in advance

Mike

The 3D buildings only show if they are actually there!In the UK I have yet to come across any,although I am sure if I drive through the centre of London they will be there.I did drive through Paris(by mistake)and some popped up there.

The 3D buildings only show if they are actually there!In the UK I have yet to come across any,although I am sure if I drive through the centre of London they will be there.I did drive through Paris(by mistake)and some popped up there.

Guys,

You can easily check whether your setup is able to show buildings. Just manually set a Start point and a Destination, which that you know for sure there are buildings surround, such as downtown area of major city, then simulate/flyover a route.

Got the picture? :wink:

Replace the [smartzoom] section in your SYS.TXT file (\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo) with the following and play with minangle and maxangle. The following settings might work for you without modification.

[smartzoom]
restore_smartzoom_on=1
speedzoom=6
speedangle=8
minzoom=40      ; distance from the car when zoom in
maxzoom=80      ; distance from the car when zoom out (normal navigation)
minangle=70     ; for Diaftia's mod: <= 70, incline properly at turn; starting with 75, no more inclining; at 80, start to see the sky
maxangle=90     ; 90 is the max angle to see the whole sky

On the other point, if it is not Overview=enabled, then it might be a bug in Diaftia's mod.

Good lucks.

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

I also figured out that it switches to 2D mode when I enter HOME as my destination. If I enter an address manually it does not do that???

• 3 weeks later...
As the title suggests, this mod was not updated since a long time (8 months now). You will have better chance to ask Abb for his Chrome mod V3.25, that is based on this one.

Does anybody use Chrome mod with european units, with european speed signs and so on?

And anybody knows how to get POI and speedcams for Germany?

Thx

As the title suggests, this mod was not updated since a long time (8 months now). You will have better chance to ask Abb for his Chrome mod V3.25, that is based on this one.

Does anybody use Chrome mod with european units, with european speed signs and so on?

And anybody knows how to get POI and speedcams for Germany?

Thx

I use the chrome mod with European signs etc.You can get German POI'S maps etc from here http://btjunkie.org/torrent/iGO-TeleAtl ... 4042ab816b

and speed cams from here http://www.scdb.info/en/

I´ve tried, but this happens:

Invalid Torrent ID! Try using the search.

Torrents are automatically removed from the database when they are no longer active.

Any help (please don´t throw any stones in my directions, I know how to deal with torrent links)