AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Not when in 3D mode under normal driving circumstances, but when I am in 3D mode and then select the 'Home' button, it will switch into 2D mode. Not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience.

In place.ui there is a script called "sc_RouteToNoPM". In that script the very first entry is "map.mapmode 1". Remove or comment that out and its fixed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Hi Alex, Abb is right, I am the one who fight since a long time to preserve this great feature of the iGo Navigation System.

To better understand what I mean, please take a look on this post:

Smartzoom pictures

I am still not sure was to what mine does differently. Have you used my mods recently? If you are asking if it zooms it at every turn and the tilt changes then yes it does. Its even configurable as to how much it does that. Looks like it has been talked about though. I know that some mods had the ability to tailor how much it zooms separately for 2d vs 3d. Seemed like more hassle than it was worth given the complexity of the code so I left that out.

Alex

I am still not sure was to what mine does differently. Have you used my mods recently? If you are asking if it zooms it at every turn and the tilt changes then yes it does. Its even configurable as to how much it does that. Looks like it has been talked about though. I know that some mods had the ability to tailor how much it zooms separately for 2d vs 3d. Seemed like more hassle than it was worth given the complexity of the code so I left that out.

Alex

I will retry your mod for sure.

But when smartzoom is tilting and zooming on turn, do you still see most of the sky in 3D mode?

I will retry your mod for sure.

But when smartzoom is tilting and zooming on turn, do you still see most of the sky in 3D mode?

If you adjust it to do so. Adjust the up slider all the way right and the down slider all the way left. Here are some images (sorry for the crappy blurry images but you get the point):

post-25808-047027500 1289591401_thumb.jpg

post-25808-1009535_thumb.jpg

Hey, Alex..glad to see you lurking about once again!

BTW, did the speedcams work correctly in your latest iterration? I can't seem to get mine to work in ABBS, combo mod and maybe you can shed some light (props to ABB as well for carrying the ball in your absence)on the situation.

Thanx!

Bud

Yes, they work fine even with my signpost mod. This 2.3 release was REALLY stable. The only known issue that I am aware of was the map orientation issue that is explained above.

Yes! Looks like ABB1 has been doing great work! Hopefully I can get him some more features to make look good.

If you adjust it to do so. Adjust the up slider all the way right and the down slider all the way left. Here are some images (sorry for the crappy blurry images but you get the point):

Hey Alex, please don't drive and take picture!!! I can wait you know. :rolleyes:

Seem to be OK but I will check.

Hi Alex,

Your smartzoom design works wonderfully if you don't want to see the sky, reaching the same performance as the factory setting, for those that don't care about the sky, it is perfect! However, if you want to see the sky like in all Abb's snapshots, you would have to set both sliders all the way to the right side, at '90' for both. At this setting, smartzoom no longer works as it should. Please try it out.

In the link that I provide here: Smartzoom with sky based on IDT's mod, please look at each sequence vs the distance to turn, it show correctly the sky before reaching 800-1000 m, than tilt-down (perfect) and zoom-in (not perfect though).

Abb argued in the past that the smartzoom mechanism was locked somehow, but I firmly believe that it simply requires some minor tweakings in your mod, in order to render it perfect!

I however concur that modern navigation devices likes TomTom, Magellan and Garmin, to name a few, work exactly as in your mod (without the sky); but with iGo, we have a chance to see the beautiful sky, so I think that it would worth the effort to blend those features together. I just can't accept to sacrify the smartzoom in favor of the sky. In my mod based on Abb's v2.75 (also based on IDT's), it is almost perfect in this chapter except the zooming-in also requires some tweaking. I will take a look at it when I have time.

Just FYI, in the poll that I setup in my thread, there are 10 out of 12 prefer or use smartzoom, so even the sample is not huge, it is certainly not a minority.

Please let me know whether my explanation is clear. :razz:

Thanks!

Hi Alex,

Your smartzoom design works wonderfully if you don't want to see the sky, reaching the same performance as the factory setting

Lol, so what you are saying is that the smartzoom in Diaftias mod and my mods worked all along for you :blink:

Lol, so what you are saying is that the smartzoom in Diaftias mod and my mods worked all along for you :blink:

The answer is clearly NO! Only if you continue the reading ... I guess I don't understand your remark though. :blink:

If setting to have the sky, no more smartzoom; if setting to have the smartzoom, no more sky!

This is NOT what I want. I want both, and maybe the moon too!

Just kidding. :mrgreen:

But as you know, this is already in IDT's mod, your v2.75, my v2.80 and misterblue's mod. So let's say it is feasible! Please don't say otherwise. :D

Welcome back! 3.0 hope is back as well :)

Hello All-

Did my first bit of coding tonight in a LONG time. Was running my and 34by151's beta mods a for a while and went back to my 2.3 mods. I am now looking into merging what I want and need from my beta code to my old stuff. A lot of the features without some other stuff. Should still be great.

I am going to work slower than I was in the past to avoid the burnout that I had before but I will be working to get something out. Sorry for being out of touch so long. Looks like a lot has changed in the last 6-9 months. :)

Alex (diaftia)

The answer is clearly NO! Only if you continue the reading ... I guess I don't understand your remark though. :blink:

If setting to have the sky, no more smartzoom; if setting to have the smartzoom, no more sky!

This is NOT what I want. I want both, and maybe the moon too!

Just kidding. :mrgreen:

But as you know, this is already in IDT's mod, your v2.75, my v2.80 and misterblue's mod. So let's say it is feasible! Please don't say otherwise. :D

I spent a gross amount of time on this on Sunday while watching football. The wife and kid were gone so I took advantage. Seems to be working though. I had to cheat a little because porting the code over from your 2.8 did not work alone. Its weird because there is something else that is making it do this without the sys.txt. For the life of me though I could not find it. So I ported all of the smartzoom and code over from your 2.8 with the addition of some sys.txt settings and it seems to be working like a charm (in an emulator). Will do more testing though.

I spent a gross amount of time on this on Sunday while watching football. The wife and kid were gone so I took advantage. Seems to be working though. I had to cheat a little because porting the code over from your 2.8 did not work alone. Its weird because there is something else that is making it do this without the sys.txt. For the life of me though I could not find it. So I ported all of the smartzoom and code over from your 2.8 with the addition of some sys.txt settings and it seems to be working like a charm (in an emulator). Will do more testing though.

That is good news Alex. Thanks! Hopefully you will come out with something.

What is missing in my mod is the lack of sliders for tilt up and tilt down angle selection (like the one in your v2.3); I have to adjust them in the SYS.txt. The other thing not perfect is the zooming-in before the turn, too little and too short. As a matter of fact, I like your v2.3 in this zooming-in chapter :rolleyes: .

You know what, misterblue has tweaked the smartzoom feature very much in his own mod (including sliders and roundabout control). Instead taking code from of my mod, if you really want to make it works, you might as well take his code, which is better than mine, I think!

Thanks again for your investigation!

P.S.: I don't have that much experience in messing with smartzoom coding, at least not yet. So if you could make the smartzoom coding modular, I really want to import your code and embed it into my mod. This could also be beneficial for other modders like Abb, and the rest of the forum.

P.S.2: I know how modding iGo looks like when wife and children are around! :mrgreen:

Alex,

I have found a SYS.txt that I customized when trying Abb's mod that was based on your v2.3. Here are the comments that I left in the [smartzoom] section, and it might help you out for your original code.

Also included is the SYS.txt that I used at that time!

[smartzoom]
restore_smartzoom_on=1
speedzoom=6
speedangle=8
minzoom=40      ; distance from the car when zoom in
maxzoom=80      ; distance from the car when zoom out (normal navigation)
minangle=70     ; for Diaftia's mod: <= 70, incline properly at turn; starting with 75, no more inclining; at 80, start to see the sky
maxangle=90     ; 90 is the max angle to see the whole sky

SYS.TXT

Alex,

I have found a SYS.txt that I customized when trying Abb's mod that was based on your v2.3. Here are the comments that I left in the [smartzoom] section, and it might help you out for your original code.

Also included is the SYS.txt that I used at that time!

[smartzoom]
restore_smartzoom_on=1
speedzoom=6
speedangle=8
minzoom=40      ; distance from the car when zoom in
maxzoom=80      ; distance from the car when zoom out (normal navigation)
minangle=70     ; for Diaftia's mod: <= 70, incline properly at turn; starting with 75, no more inclining; at 80, start to see the sky
maxangle=90     ; 90 is the max angle to see the whole sky

The problem is that I have realistically found three copies of some of these commands. Seems like sys.txt is the overriding place that the system will look for these but if you have them in another it will take effect.

Here is the contents from a file called skincfg.ini

[map]
3d_max_tiltlevel=8800
3d_default_tiltlevel=7400
3d_min_zoomlevel=30
3d_max_zoomlevel=500
3d_max_zfar=64

[smartzoom]
minzoom=80
maxzoom=170
minangle=50
maxangle=73
angleoffset=10
minzoom2d=200
maxzoom2d=1500
zoom2dpercent=135

[interface]
maxzoom2d=3600000

Here is the pioneer.ini

[map]
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=2150
3dcarsizemax=2150
3dcarsizemul=40000
building_render_distance_far_front=6.0
building_render_distance_far_back=3.0
building_render_distance_medium_front=3.0
building_render_distance_medium_back=2.0
building_render_distance_near_front=2.0
building_render_distance_near_back=2.0
3d_max_tiltlevel=5800
3d_max_zoomlevel=500

[2d]
show_guidance_arrows=0
show_guidance_strip=1

[3d]
max_poly_segments_shown_1=400
min_poly_segments_shown_1=200
show_guidance_arrows=0
show_guidance_strip=1

Then add the sys.txt you have on top of this. I need to remove some and add some but put them in once place. When I removed them all from the skincfg.ini I started getting weird map behavior.