AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

I show you the [smartzoom] settings in the SYS.TXT only in order to let you know what are the thresholds to set in order to see the sky with minangle and maxangle. They don't have to be in the SYS.TXT, as your v2.3 provides a mean to change it during runtime.

SYS.TXT is the overriding place does make sense, as that is the place where we are looking at mostly. So one might concentrate using the SYS.TXT settings, or change those settings during runtime dynamically, at you didn't already with v2.3.

I wouldn't be too worry about the pioneer.ini, as shown, it contains only the overlapping settings for the [map] section, not [smartzoom].

Thanks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Just successfully installed this on my F700BT. Followed step by step and had absolutely no issues.

Thanks! Everything looks great.

Glad you like it! Hopefully the next version will be even better. I *plan* to get the bugs worked out over Thanksgiving. Its already pretty good. A lot of finishing work which seems to take the longest.

Diaftia,

I've been meaning to ask you. Is there any way to modify the amount of notices the Nav calls out while your approaching a turn, etc? I noticed Samantha TTS announces at 2mi, 1mi, 1/4 Mile, 500ft and then another one where she'll just say. Make the next Right or left after all those other annoucements. Wouldn't somebody realize that was just a bit excessive?

Anyhow, in your next update is that something that can possibly be resolved?

Thanks!.

P.S. Have been enjoying your V2.3 for a while now!. Most appreciated for your hard work and efforts!

Diaftia,

I've been meaning to ask you. Is there any way to modify the amount of notices the Nav calls out while your approaching a turn, etc? I noticed Samantha TTS announces at 2mi, 1mi, 1/4 Mile, 500ft and then another one where she'll just say. Make the next Right or left after all those other annoucements. Wouldn't somebody realize that was just a bit excessive?

Anyhow, in your next update is that something that can possibly be resolved?

Thanks!.

P.S. Have been enjoying your V2.3 for a while now!. Most appreciated for your hard work and efforts!

Try playing around with these values in SYS.txt:

tts_expected_engine_delay=1400

tts_getaway_time=200

I noticed it is depending on the speed, hence the time you need to approach a turn etc., when stuck in a traffic jam you get much more "reminders" as when you are going at 200 Kmh on the Autobahn.

If you are more sofisticated than I am, there should also be a way to edit the tables of the TTS engine directly, but I don't recall were they sit at the moment.

Jörg

Try playing around with these values in SYS.txt:

tts_expected_engine_delay=1400

tts_getaway_time=200

I noticed it is depending on the speed, hence the time you need to approach a turn etc., when stuck in a traffic jam you get much more "reminders" as when you are going at 200 Kmh on the Autobahn.

If you are more sofisticated than I am, there should also be a way to edit the tables of the TTS engine directly, but I don't recall were they sit at the moment.

Jörg

If someone has some recommended settings I will be happy to place them in the sys.txt of my mods. I agree that these units bother you all too often to make a turn.

If someone has some recommended settings I will be happy to place them in the sys.txt of my mods. I agree that these units bother you all too often to make a turn.

Lol, I have an easier solution.....it is called the 'mute' button :wink:. Awesome invention, I wished that I would have had one for my ex wife :mrgreen:

Lol, I have an easier solution.....it is called the 'mute' button :wink:. Awesome invention, I wished that I would have had one for my ex wife :mrgreen:

LOL! I have default mute settings now too in my mods. I hated having to always hit the mute button when starting a route.

That is a good idea, especially when you restart the car and there is already a route!

Yeah its pretty handy. Its configurable with speedcams, key clicks, navigation, etc. Its been brought over from the stuff that 34by151 and I worked on.

I have to tell you Chuck, the reason I have not released yet is because of the smartzoom stuff. I would pretty much be done if it was not for this. I ported all of misterblue's code over but things are behaving oddly. Now it shows the sky when navigating but does not tilt correctly. It actually seems to somewhat ignore the settings for tilt in. For the life of me I cannot figure out why. Put his mods in my emulator and it works fine. But yet almost line for line of code the smartzoom stuff is the same. I think there is a variable that is being set someplace that is making it so that it ignores the code. I just have to find the needle in the haystack that is making it do so. Once I can do that I will release the beta. I tried to get a hold of MB but I think he has checked out of doing this stuff.

If there is anyone out there that understands the smartzoom code pretty well and would not mind taking a look at things I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I have been staring at this code so long I am overlooking something obvious.

Alex

Yeah its pretty handy. Its configurable with speedcams, key clicks, navigation, etc. Its been brought over from the stuff that 34by151 and I worked on.

I have to tell you Chuck, the reason I have not released yet is because of the smartzoom stuff. I would pretty much be done if it was not for this. I ported all of misterblue's code over but things are behaving oddly. Now it shows the sky when navigating but does not tilt correctly. It actually seems to somewhat ignore the settings for tilt in. For the life of me I cannot figure out why. Put his mods in my emulator and it works fine. But yet almost line for line of code the smartzoom stuff is the same. I think there is a variable that is being set someplace that is making it so that it ignores the code. I just have to find the needle in the haystack that is making it do so. Once I can do that I will release the beta. I tried to get a hold of MB but I think he has checked out of doing this stuff.

If there is anyone out there that understands the smartzoom code pretty well and would not mind taking a look at things I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I have been staring at this code so long I am overlooking something obvious.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I don't mean to have you work overtime on this smartzoom thing, after all, wife and kids are most important over modding :grin: .

There are 5 people over 18 that don't care about smartzoom (yeah small sampling over a huge population: see my poll), so why don't you just release what you have on hands and, if you really want to, hunt for the culpit when you have more free time? After all, you work for free for all of us, and I am sure that nobody will complaint, including myself :wink: . You devoted so much time for this forum already!

I will try to reach MB. He is a French guy and he has his own forum in French.

Cheers and good night!

Chuck.

Diaftia,

even though smartzoom is a desireable feature, I would agree that releasing what you have is propably the best thing to do as more people can take a look at the code, hence the chance of somebody identifying the bug are growing rapidly.

On the other hand people like myself who are only users will be very happy to get something to play around with.

That would be a nice xmas gift to the community :-)

Jörg

I think it is just a matter of comparing the 3.02 orig. update and your latest rev. with ExamDiff Pro or the like, and see what files need to be ported over with regard to the Smartzoom.

If I knew what the hell I was doing I would be more than willing to help but I am just not that good with the coding myself.

Good luck,

Bud

Yeah a diff tool has gotten me this far for a lot of the smartzoom stuff. My next thing to do is to look and make sure all the old code is out to see if it will throw me an error where its looking for the old variable.

PM me if you would like a beta copy of my mods. I need to package it up a bit for the mapchanger folders and stuff but its largely ready to go. Even better if you have those folders in place as I can just throw you a zip file with some brief instructions. I dont want to put it out for the masses yet as I have learned in the past that supporting beta code on too large a scale can be time consuming.

Yeah a diff tool has gotten me this far for a lot of the smartzoom stuff. My next thing to do is to look and make sure all the old code is out to see if it will throw me an error where its looking for the old variable.

PM me if you would like a beta copy of my mods. I need to package it up a bit for the mapchanger folders and stuff but its largely ready to go. Even better if you have those folders in place as I can just throw you a zip file with some brief instructions. I dont want to put it out for the masses yet as I have learned in the past that supporting beta code on too large a scale can be time consuming.

Sure! Count me in as a master "Beta"-er" LOL

Thanx, Alex