AVIC411.com

New Z120BT vs. Z110BT

Thanks. The only other place I could find was Amazon for 220. Thats for 20 bucks more than Pioneer's price. Also assuming that Pioneer gives us another upgrade next year. From peoples experience can I just upgrade from 09 software to 2011 software . my maps are ok for now. Would be pretty out in 2 yrs

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Map works if I used 2D mode, but completely blank with 3D mode.

But now I have another problem.

I notice that only with the SD card, the audio would skip. It used to be for a few seconds, now it is only for a split second. The manual says audio or video may skip if navigation system is not firmly secured. Whats that mean? Satellite connection or something?

Map works if I used 2D mode, but completely blank with 3D mode.

But now I have another problem.

I notice that only with the SD card, the audio would skip. It used to be for a few seconds, now it is only for a split second. The manual says audio or video may skip if navigation system is not firmly secured. Whats that mean? Satellite connection or something?

Firmly secured in that context means if the navigation unit rattles around. (But are you sure they are talking about SD cards? Usually audio skips on CD or DVD when bouncing around, but never heard of it affecting flash media before.)

On SD cards, you will get skipping if your media card is too slow. The device is trying to read the card but the card isn't giving up the data quickly enough. Personally I recommend the Sandisk Ultra III SD cards as a first choice and the Transcend Class 10 SD Cards as a second choice. (Not all Class 10 cards are the same. The Class 10 refers to their speed, but it is not a precise measurement, just more of a category of cards.)

You'll notice that the faster cards are more expensive and the slower cards are cheaper.

Weird thing, the audio skipped (SD card) when I was driving past a certain location. It skipped at that location yesterday also. And I looked at the GPS connection screen and as the audio came back, the connection status changed from something (I assume NOK) to OK, also there were no bars present in the reception thing.