AVIC411.com

New Z120BT vs. Z110BT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok will do, what about my friends iPod does he have to restore that one too so he can use it in my car?

If he is having the same problem and a restore fixes the problem with yours, I would say he might want to do the same.

from what i've read and seen from personal experience it takes 15 or so minutes for my vr to update; that is when I update my ipod and its only an 8gig. 120gig could take a very long time but at the same time once its done it will only take a minute or so after that for that function to continually work until you update it again

I never saw this issue with my 160gig iPod classic. This apparently affects iPhone/iTouch models only.

These are both iPod classics I'm talking about. One is 40GB and the other is 120.

Well the classic never came in a 40GB, only 80, 120, and 160. Regardless the only people that have reported this issue are people with touch models so you probably have a separate issue. Where did you buy your iPod cable?

props to the guys on this forum. very educational!

i am currently contemplating on buying the z110bt vs. the z120bt. i am curious if in another year the z120bt will have an update available for the software, but the z110bt won't since it'll be 2 years old by then. I'd rather buy the z120bt knowing that an update will be available for it in 2011....or will the z110bt have another update for it next year as well??

does anyone know based on previous pioneer models what kind of things pioneer does as far as updating older models??

do you think that the 2011 avic Z model will most likely have a HARDWARE update instead of another software update??

any help is appreciated...

i am currently contemplating on buying the z110bt vs. the z120bt. i am curious if in another year the z120bt will have an update available for the software, but the z110bt won't since it'll be 2 years old by then. I'd rather buy the z120bt knowing that an update will be available for it in 2011....or will the z110bt have another update for it next year as well??

does anyone know based on previous pioneer models what kind of things pioneer does as far as updating older models??

do you think that the 2011 avic Z model will most likely have a HARDWARE update instead of another software update??

any help is appreciated...

It is likely that this series of units will get another upgrade around this time next year bringing it to the third generation of software before there is a complete hardware change that would require the purchase of a new unit entirely. That is what Pioneer did with the previous Z series of units. Non of this is known for sure right now though so no one here can give you a definitive answer. We will have to wait and see this time next year for the answer. But regardless weather you buy a 110 or a 120 the outcome will be the same, whatever they do or don't released as an upgrade for the 120 next year will affect the 110 in the same way.

So I was doing some looking around and I don't think that this has been posted in this, or any other fourm. Also if I am out to lunch please forgive my ignorance I am pretty new to pioneer. but this update "CNSD-110FM" is confusing me.... pioneers website says that

"The CNSD-110FM will upgrade your system to include all 2010 updates. This will give it the same features as its successor, the AVIC-F20BT."

There is no mention of the AVIC Z110BT or the 120

Will this be the update or do we still not know?

Thanks everyone for all the great info thus far.