AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

so as much as i hate to say this....my problems were with my MAC! the rumors on this board are true, my mac some how didn't open the files right. i had to use my Parallels' XP to download WinRAR and open the RAR and load it on to my SD card. after that things went great. works as of 7/20/10 on f90bt. thanks so much!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

I also want to thank the OP for his detailed instructions. I'm in the middle of the "My Flash Disk" copy right now but it's looking promising, especially after the past two hours of head scratching.

I definitely want to confirm one thing: Using a Mac did screw things up for me!

First attempt, I extracted the rar file on my Mac as well as copied the files to the card. I did manage to do the WinCE upgrade however after the reboot, my F700BT would not load into testmode. I tried resetting a few times, however I just kept getting a black screen after the logo. I then tried the older version of testmode. Same thing. I redownloaded a different testmode 2.3 file. Same thing.

Second attempt: I figured I'd retry the WinCE upgrade again in case it screwed up there. This time, when I tried selecting Upgrade SD/Format option, it gave me a "can't find winceimg.cks file" error over and over again.

Third attempt: Okay, reformat the card and recopy the files over on a different laptop (using Mac OS X). Same errors as my second attempt.

Fourth attempt: Unrar'ed the file using Winrar on WinXP. Formatted the SD card again on WinXP and copied the files over. Re-did the WinCE upgrade successfully (just in case). Loaded into testmode successfully. Now I'm just copying the "My Flash Disk" files over with a few minutes left to go.

I just thought I'd document that in case anyone else came across a similar problem with a black screen after the boot logo.

Update: The upgrade completed successfully after I used Windows to extract and copied the files.

I definitely want to confirm one thing: Using a Mac did screw things up for me!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a problem existed between the keyboard and chair, rather than the mac.

I and many others haven't had any issue using a mac to extract this stuff. I think you're reaching..

Glad it worked out for you though.

After being away from these forums for ages, I decided to stop back to see what was up. I downloaded this update and actually had some problems installing it. Like others, the button hold while trying to install the CE Update eluded me for a bit. When I finally got it right and got everything installed. I did notice a speed boost... but to my surprise, something even better came out of it. Better stereo separation. My music, for some time, I felt sounded flat. To the point of almost being mono. I have all of the music on my Ipod in uncompressed format, so there should be very little degradation in sound. I just wrote the mono sound off as a speaker issue.

Today, after I booted up from the update. I just started playing a few songs here and there and immediately noticed a huge difference. Everything in Thriller popped. Power Of Love from Huey Lewis sounded phenomenal. My own music sounded as if it had been recorded by Alan Parsons himself. I am not sure what was done with the update, but it has brought back a love for listening to music, that I thought I had long forgotten. I sat in my truck and just listened to music for hours. Something I havent done in years... and when I say years, I mean 20.

I originally thought this was a placebo effect of the update, but my wife said the exact same thing without a word from me about an update.

So, I would like to take a second and thank the OP for posting this update and making it as easy as it is. You opened up Pandora's Box for me and I thank you very much.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a problem existed between the keyboard and chair, rather than the mac.

I and many others haven't had any issue using a mac to extract this stuff. I think you're reaching..

Glad it worked out for you though.

That's a possibility, however I'm not the only one who had problems extracting stuff on a Mac and this isn't the only time I've had files that failed to extract on a Mac that worked just fine on Windows or Linux. So maybe I'm not reaching. I'm just documenting my experiences and giving others some insight on what might work if they are having the same problems I was.

FYI, I was using StuffIt Expander 12.0.2 on my Mac.

OK im trying to do this update,,,Everything goes good until step 7 then i get the black screen after the pioneer logo...

Here is what im doing.

1...I get it from TPB,,,I use utorrent and it is 1.72gb

2...I use WINRAR to extract to my sd card "8gb" the folder is fx3.1 if i double click it, there is a folder that says MY FLASH DISK and one that says TEST MODE, then there are DEVICE.NNG 1KB,WINCEIMG.CKS 1KB, and WINCEIMG "VLC media file" 18,264KB

3...I insert the sd card into the unit and go through steps 1-6 no problem, then i take out the sd card and hold reset"hard button" for about 5 seconds.

4... The Pioneer logo comes on, then about 10 later the screen and button go completely black.

I have four f700bt's and one x710bt so im just trying to figure this out so i can do this to the other three, This unit was a 2.008 and worked fine. Any ideas?

Great job, Retell :!::!::!:

I've successfully installed it on f500, but with the following remarks:

2. The reason I'm asking is that there is absolutely no voice guidance, neither "Samantha" TTS, nor regular "Jason".

Note: while listening to music the music does get interrupted on the turns, but there is just silence in the pause, and then the music continues. Any idea :?:

Make sure a voice is selected under "Regional" in settings?

I have the same problem also on my F500...and the above didn't work :-(

It beeps when it's about to announce an instruction, it mutes etc..but no voice.

Can anyone help?

thnx

This update makes my 900 feel like a whole new unit. It is so responsive and fast loading everything. I wish we could load in pics for the people in our phone book and have different skins for the music player... but I love the speed and the updated stereo separation. Great stuff!

Ever since the update on my f90bt everyone I call says they can barely hear me, like I'm talking 7 feet away from an empty room.

anything I can do? I wish I could remember where the folder the bluetooth files are kept in. I'd try to replace it with the last version. I'd like to know if I sound do the bluetooth update from the pioneer web page on this image, and maybe how to tell which version is in there now.

can anyone help, or simply give good links? I'm striking out.