AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Anyone know how to get the tripmeter thing to work? Also, what does record from the map menu do? The log thing in the settings, is that to long where you drove, or just what you gps and it directs you on the unit?

The trip computer has had problems since it was first designed. 34x151 did some research into this and come to the conclusion that when the NAV program starts before the GPS signal is aquired, then the Trip Computer fails to work. In the V4 that will be coming out hopefully within a week, it has the Tripcomputer redesigned and scripted to let other programs start before the Tripcomputer. This delays the starting process so that the GPS signal is found before the trip computer loads and therefore it will work. I have been testing this now for over a week and it now works 90% of the time which is a lot better than the 10% it was working before. I think it is forever difficult to get it to work 100% because of the long delays sometimes for a GPS signal, but this is as close as it gets. The record button simply records trip logs and saves them so that you can view them later.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok.. I was just hoping it wasn't my Avic alone.. I remember using it when I drove to Kentucky. You would think that a program that runs on the GPS wouldn't have a mental break down from the one thing that it relies on to function. haha I may check out that logging. I couldn't really think of a good use for it right now. Other the shs and giggles

I believe that when the unit detects the slightest movement while booting up this is when it all goes to s**t. I've had problems with the tripcomp since day one therefore I never used it. Too bad because it is an invaluable tool. This is also tied into the same funky crap that the triplogs are tied into as well. Those never would save. Rarely and I mean RARELY would that function work as well----didn't use it either. Also, the scrolling text is also tied into the same because it rarely worked. But if I sit completely still before I set out then these items will ALL work without fail but I am not going to sit for two minutes before I get under way :lol:

This will be nice. Thanx Abb!

Last thing...I'd like to copy some of the POI listings from my SD card to the internal flash. Where do I copy these to?

myFlashDisk/APL2/igo/content/POI

Hmm. That didn't work. There wasn't a POI folder, and when I tried making one it won't recognize.

That might be a neat add-on....an importer that would pull kml files off of a USB key.

My truck didn't move this morning for at least 15 minutes after start and it didn't work. Sorry for all the questions.. lol Also, in the screen shots, there is a pic under simulation.. Does anyone know how to get the music play control buttons where the AV info would be?

Those aren't play control buttons, those are simulation buttons.

Like I said, with the new version, the trip computer will be a lot more reliable, still not 100% though. I was driving today and noticed that it was not working, one time earlier on, That was the first time in four days with several starts that it did not work, It is a LOT better than it was, but still not 100% :(.

Last thing...I'd like to copy some of the POI listings from my SD card to the internal flash. Where do I copy these to?

myFlashDisk/APL2/igo/content/POI

Hmm. That didn't work. There wasn't a POI folder, and when I tried making one it won't recognize.

That might be a neat add-on....an importer that would pull kml files off of a USB key.

The POI's have a .poi extension, not a kml extension. Go to GPS underground or Navitotal to get the POI's for IGO 8.3

Just wanted to confirm how to reconnect to this important thread as we await v4. Appears the F-series is going to make a significant step forward in form and function as Abb prepares his next contribution. Didn't want site progress to slow the arrival of improved configuration.

Nah, I will be out of town until thursday, with only my ipad for comunication, so I should have it up and complete by Friday night the latest, as saturday I will be away again

Nah, I will be out of town until thursday, with only my ipad for comunication, so I should have it up and complete by Friday night the latest, as saturday I will be away again

Ive been lucky enough to test V4 for Abb,and it is awesome.I really dont see how this can be improved further.Apart from one or two personal quirks (which i am sure we all have)this is close to the ultimate mod which has changed my 900 from a very diserpointing sat nav into a work of art :smile:

Is there a way to store the KML files on the internal flash storage?

Not to my knowledge, as I do not believe that Igo 8.3 recognizes KML files. It is not a big deal though, just download the .poi files from Navitotal or GPS Underground

It should recognize them since it does when they're on the SD card. There should be a directory to drop them into.

My question is, why would you want to? Just download the POI equivalent, put them in your POI folder and that is it! All poi's are recognized........so simple