AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went out and replaced the sys.txt with yours but it still reverts back. i turned off the smart zoom which seems to show more sky. that seems to be ok, the 3d car worked too. thanks chuck

You should be able to save the smartzoom tilt settings. Did you try to delete the User\UserData\igo folder and restart? It might be a left-over problem from another mod.

hi chuck. just tried this and still wont save my settings.

I am so sorry my friend, I've put the wrong SYS.txt in the release. I changed it since the implementation of the modifiable smartzoom parameters version, BUT ONLY IN MY AVIC!!!

Abb is going to laugh at me, he will argue that nobody uses smartzoom since nobody has reported this issue :lol: ... or everybody is happy with my personal settings built into the SYS.txt.

So here it is, the SYS.txt that enables you to modify and save the smartzoom settings.

Sorry again!

UPDATED SYS.TXT, please replace the one that you have under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo".

SYS.TXT

Works like a charm now!! appreciate all the help and fast responses. great looking out for. this is the first mod I've added to the unit and i find i am rediscovering the joys of the unit. Thanks again Chuck.

Glad that I was helpful and thank you for your support. ;-)

Hey Chuck running your new update and love it for the most part. a few things i would recommend modifying of without sounding disrespectful would be the the contacts image should be changed i think that takes away from the unit looking professional, another thing i noticed was the the street signs changed to blue verses when they used to be green. also the street signs got smaller and harder to read i would recommend changing those back to a larger font or at least create a setting that allows the user to Change them to their choice. But those are just my opinions, I'm grateful for what you have produced already.

Hey Chuck running your new update and love it for the most part. a few things i would recommend modifying of without sounding disrespectful would be the the contacts image should be changed i think that takes away from the unit looking professional, another thing i noticed was the the street signs changed to blue verses when they used to be green. also the street signs got smaller and harder to read i would recommend changing those back to a larger font or at least create a setting that allows the user to Change them to their choice. But those are just my opinions, I'm grateful for what you have produced already.

Thank you for your comments. :razz:

1) For the contact image, you can edit or change the following files (compressed within Images.res):

746_32K_MN-641_32b_normal.bmp

746_32K_MN-641_32b_push.bmp

You can also revert to another Theme in this forum by swapping the Images.res. Search with this keyword "Images.res" or "Theme". It is saved under "My Flash Disk\APL".

2) EDITED: You have to select Map Preference "US" under Regional Settings.

3) Highway signs: I have no plan to make the signs larger at this time as it will cover pretty much the whole screen during navigation (too crowded). I will see if I can have other ideas at a later time.

Upcoming update is coming its way ...

Thank you for your comments. :razz:

1) For the contact image, you can edit or change the following files (compressed within Images.res):

I will just wait until you fix it. and possibly one day you will change the contact image if not i will just have to live with it

746_32K_MN-641_32b_normal.bmp

746_32K_MN-641_32b_push.bmp

You can also revert to another Theme in this forum by swapping the Images.res. Search with this keyword "Images.res" or "Theme". It is saved under "My Flash Disk\APL".

2) I made a mistake by associating Miles/hours with Blue highway panels. I will correct that in the upcoming update. In the meantime, you can the file laneinfo_signpost_eu.ini identical to laneinfo_signpost.ini at "ui_pioneer\common", within the DATA.zip.

3) Highway signs: I have no plan to make the signs larger at this time as it will cover pretty much the whole screen during navigation (too crowded). I will see if I can have other ideas at a later time.

Upcoming update is coming its way ...

Switching from your rival's mod package as I get no Nav audio. Now, while I installed following the instructions, none of the buttons work, hence the unit is unuseable.

Do I need to reload 3.1 and format or is there a shorter way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

Switching from your rival's mod package as I get no Nav audio. Now, while I installed following the instructions, none of the buttons work, hence the unit is unuseable.

Do I need to reload 3.1 and format or is there a shorter way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

Well, first of all, there is no such thing as RIVAL's MOD in this forum, as nobody charge anything for the mods, so there is no rivality between modders. You select the one based on your personal preferences. We are here to contribute to the community, there is all. Lot of modders are gone partly because lack of appreciation, not necessary monetary, in my case all I want is "thank you for your efforts", but still, very few did that. <_<

As for your problem, I think that it is not related to the MODs, you should reset the configuration of the WinCE (saved under "\My Flash Disk\User"), but unfortunately, I don't know how to do it without reloading FW 3.0x. Perphaps, may I suggest to selectively delete configuration files (or RENAME THEM is safer) before wipping the whole Flash out. Yeah, that's a time consuming process ... :mrgreen:

Remember, there is no FW 3.1!

Well, first of all, there is no such thing as RIVAL's MOD in this forum, as nobody charge anything for the mods, so there is no rivalry between modders. You select the one based on your personal preferences. We are here to contribute to the community, there is all. Lot of modders are gone partly because lack of appreciation, not necessary monetary, in my case all I want is "thank you for your efforts", but still, very few did that. <_<

As for your problem, I think that it is not related to the MODs, you should reset the configuration of the WinCE (saved under "\My Flash Disk\User"), but unfortunately, I don't know how to do it without reloading FW 3.0x. Perhaps, may I suggest to selectively delete configuration files (or RENAME THEM is safer) before wiping the whole Flash out. Yeah, that's a time consuming process ... :mrgreen:

Remember, there is no FW 3.1!

Chuck. I stand corrected and happily so. Thanks for the reply and support. I suspected that there might be an issue with the version, but being new, I have little confidence.

I do know that the unit was near brick status and doing the 3.x install was key to making it work again and the key to the mod kingdom, which made my thoughts of reverting to that procedure logical. I will try to do as you suggested.

Again, thanks. Mike