AVIC411.com

Z120BT - CNSD210 (2011) Update problem

To get around the password, Download the official firmware from Pioneer, Download AVIC-Z120BT Firmware Update Version 2.003 Then download the firmware hack, AVICZ110BT-2.004.zip (25.75K) Extract both .ZIP files. You will now have one folder called " AVICZ110 " this is the official update, and you will have two files " EU090APL.VER " and " RenewalIFLib.dll ". Cut the " EU090APL.VER " file and past into the " AVICZ110 " folder replacing the original file. Now cut the " RenewalIFLib.dll " and paste into " AVICZ110/APL " folder, again replacing the original file. Copy the " AVICZ110 folder to the root of you SD card. Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update. To update maps, Assuming you are in the US, download this torrent, " http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE " Extract the .rar. You will have two folders called " SD1 " " and SD1 ". Open the " SD1 " folder and copy the contents, 2 folders and 1 file, onto a blank SD card. Insert the SD card into your 120. You will be asked for a password, type in " PASSWORDPASSWORD ", then let the unit update. This will take around 15 min. This will update maps and apps. Remove the SD card. Clear the SD card and open the folder " SD2 " copy the folder called " FIRMWARE ", to your SD card. Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update. This will update the Bluetooth. Remove the SD card. That should be it if I didn't forget anything.

Followed this instructions and it worked out perfectly! Does anyone have list of things that are improved from stock 120bt? Things I notice so far is its little quicker to respond and FM signal is improved. B4 the update, my FM station werent so clear and use to break in the middle, now its perfect with 2 signal bars and clear.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone back, reformated a bunch of sd cards, tried going with the first update SD1, then sd2.... error on all.

I tried searching for your recommendation ron, on going back to a previous update...but I haven't found that file yet. When I find it, I'll try that...and if that doesn't work, I'll go into the test mode plan. The bluetooth phone is a must work! :)

Gone back, reformated a bunch of sd cards, tried going with the first update SD1, then sd2.... error on all.

I tried searching for your recommendation ron, on going back to a previous update...but I haven't found that file yet. When I find it, I'll try that...and if that doesn't work, I'll go into the test mode plan. The bluetooth phone is a must work! :)

I guess, with a Z120, that would mean finding SD2 of CNSD110-FM. I think I have it at home. From previous experience with the BT updates I (CNSD-110-FM), I screwed-up and loaded BT firmaware SD2, then read the instructions about 1st loading firmware from SD1, then SD2. So I loaded it from SD1, then reloaded it from SD2. The BT firmware update routine didn't seem to mind that the BT versions were going backwards. YMMV. Seems like your best chance is to go back to a working point, then load all the newer updates.

If all else fails I think your only hope is to chat with the guys on this thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31534-condis-hackmode-v14-diskrw-gpsgate-textfiller-regeditor-with-reg-files-associated-updated-13062011/page__st__30

They are involved with trying to really hack the Z110/Z120/Z130. They haven't made much progress, but they have found that in the HU's flash memory, there are actually two program partitions PRG0 and PRG1. Only one gets written during an update, so it might be possible - using TestMode, to revert your HU back to the original firmware (BT and Pioneer) - effectively going back to what it came with. If that works, you can decide if you want to try updating w/ CNSD-210FM again.

• 3 weeks later...
First use the SD1 to update the bluetooth by manually going to the bluetooth settings to 3.10 then insert the SD2 to update the bluetooth to 3.22.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately nothing is available for upgrade when I reinsert SD1 and navigate to the Bluetooth settings. The firmware version shows 3.11, but the Upgrade Firmware button is non selectable.

UPDATE: I was able to solve my problem. The Bluetooth was turned off, and you can't update the firmware until you turn it on. I didn't turn it off, and it was still auto pairing with my phone, so I didn't think to check it. Hopefully this will assist anyone who also runs into this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

just to clarify. i have a z120bt and want to do the 130bt software. i have already downloaded the SD card torrents and the 2.003 file and the 2.004 hack as well.

should i first update my 120 to the legit real 2.003 from pionerr and then run the 2.004 update or can i just patch the 2.003 folders and run the 2.004 update right away?

• 1 month later...

This is from a post above, and my question is can I use this to just update the maps in my Z120, I don't want to update the program to a Z130 just want to update the maps?

To update maps, Assuming you are in the US, download this torrent, " http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE " Extract the .rar. You will have two folders called " SD1 " " and SD1 ". Open the " SD1 " folder and copy the contents, 2 folders and 1 file, onto a blank SD card. Insert the SD card into your 120. You will be asked for a password, type in " PASSWORDPASSWORD ", then let the unit update. This will take around 15 min. This will update maps and apps. Remove the SD card. Clear the SD card and open the folder " SD2 " copy the folder called " FIRMWARE ", to your SD card. Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update. This will update the Bluetooth. Remove the SD card. That should be it if I didn't forget anything.

I did the first step after reading the Z110 upgrade post and what I get is "upgrade failed" and it keeps looping until I hold the eject button down. I am already at the latest update level, so is there a way to force the update? I assume that's my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This is exactly the same problem I am having. My history: Z110 updated to Z120 last summer. Was at Platform 2.0, App 2.002, Ver 2.0, BT 3.11. Updated using Pioneers's update and am now at App 2.003. Tried different sd cards, off different computers, and still in the loop as quoted above.

Ideas? Thanks for the help

--------

So I am a dumbass, had copied the files both into the root directory. Put them in the right ones and it worked like a champ.

People,

I'm really trying to decipher all of the information in this thread. I believe there's a lot of confusion here because there are Z110 owners who need to update to 120 software first. I have a Z120BT and I want to upgrade it to 130 software and the latest maps. Here's what I understand:

In order to upgrade Z120 software to version 130 I may need the following:

1) AVICZ110.zip (contains 2.003 firmware update) from the link http://ds1.downloadt...IC/AVICZ110.zip

2) AVICZ110BT-2.004.zip (contains 2.004 firmware update) from the link http://avic411.com/i...attach_id=14748

I'm not clear on if I need this:

3) CNSD110-FM-SD2-Firmware.zip from the link http://avic411.com/i...attach_id=14919

Then in order to update the maps I need the big torrent file:

http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE

Can someone please clarify some of this? I understand it should be hard but I think a lot of information is getting cluttered here. I don't know who to believe.

On top of that, what is up with this quote "You will have two folders called " SD1 " " and SD1 ". Open the " SD1 " folder and copy the contents, 2 folders and 1 file, onto a blank SD card."?

Why are there two "SD1" folders? Is that a typo?