AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't even have a consistent message, first they told me that it's up to Pioneer to fix it then they said "At this time we don't officially support iPhone 5 on Pioneer, but it's always a possibility down the line." Now you get a different answer from them.

They don't even have a consistent message, first they told me that it's up to Pioneer to fix it then they said "At this time we don't officially support iPhone 5 on Pioneer, but it's always a possibility down the line." Now you get a different answer from them.

It's too bad because Rdio a nice app in terms of graphics and I think the sound quality is one of the best.

Hi Mike,

First thank you for your huge work !

I don't want to push but do you have an idea of the release date for the touch control with IOS6 ?
I am asking because I just found back a iPhone 4S to use again my appradio (I bought the iPhone 5 and sold my iPhone 4S next year) but it is running under IOS6.

So if you have no idea or if it could take long I would downgrade my IOS from 6 to 5.

Thanks again

Hi there,

just signed up as I stumbled across AppRadio extensions and have a ton of questions.

Admittedly I didn't read all of the threat's 73 pages, so forgive me if things have been answered before.

I initially planned on installing an iPad in my car, but the possibilities of an App Radio and AppEx seem so much better.

I couldn't figure out what works with what, which soft- and firmware versions etc. I'm looking for a way to use my iPhone 4 in my car for music, navigation, internet radio etc. At the same time my wife (who refuses to own a smartphone) should also be able to use sat nav when she's driving by herself.

So what's the minimum requirement to run AppEx AND use touch for unsupported apps?

I own a 1st generation iPhone (iOS 3.something) and iPad (iOS 5.something), and an iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1) but I assume I won't be able to use the former two? At the same time I understand I won't be able to use touch with my iPhone on iOS 6?

If I wanted to buy a dedicated device which is to remain in the glovebox all the time, what should I be looking for?

Sorry for all these questions, and thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Simon

Hi there,

just signed up as I stumbled across AppRadio extensions and have a ton of questions.

Admittedly I didn't read all of the threat's 73 pages, so forgive me if things have been answered before.

I initially planned on installing an iPad in my car, but the possibilities of an App Radio and AppEx seem so much better.

I couldn't figure out what works with what, which soft- and firmware versions etc. I'm looking for a way to use my iPhone 4 in my car for music, navigation, internet radio etc. At the same time my wife (who refuses to own a smartphone) should also be able to use sat nav when she's driving by herself.

So what's the minimum requirement to run AppEx AND use touch for unsupported apps?

I own a 1st generation iPhone (iOS 3.something) and iPad (iOS 5.something), and an iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1) but I assume I won't be able to use the former two? At the same time I understand I won't be able to use touch with my iPhone on iOS 6?

If I wanted to buy a dedicated device which is to remain in the glovebox all the time, what should I be looking for?

Sorry for all these questions, and thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Simon

I'm using a iPod touch 4th gen with IOS 5.1.1, using appradio version 1.8.2 and app extension 2.0.1-1. It (the iPod) is permanently attached and mounted in the glove compartment, I use it for iGo Primo sat nav, Dash command (OBD II WiFi dongle is plugged into the car diagnostics system) and XBMC for both music and movies and of course to store mp3's I want to hear in the car...I've set the Activator app to unlock the iPod and start AppRadio whenever power is recieved and to lock the iPod when power is lost, to conserve battery power (To match iPod functionality to the cars ignition/ignition off cycle). This way I don't have to interact with the iPod directly unless I take it inside to replace/refill with mp3's. Unsupported apps via AppExt was laggy at first but I reset the iPod and reinstalled everything, now it runs fine. I really like the AppRadio, and the flexible functionality... I've got the SPH-DA01 which I got for a really good price, I would have liked the larger LCD of the SPH-DA100 but I like the design of the DA01 better, matches the interior better with discrete silver edge and flat black frame around the LCD...

I'm using a iPod touch 4th gen with IOS 5.1.1, using appradio version 1.8.2 and app extension 2.0.1-1. It (the iPod) is permanently attached and mounted in the glove compartment, I use it for iGo Primo sat nav, Dash command (OBD II WiFi dongle is plugged into the car diagnostics system) and XBMC for both music and movies and of course to store mp3's I want to hear in the car...I've set the Activator app to unlock the iPod and start AppRadio whenever power is recieved and to lock the iPod when power is lost, to conserve battery power (To match iPod functionality to the cars ignition/ignition off cycle). This way I don't have to interact with the iPod directly unless I take it inside to replace/refill with mp3's. Unsupported apps via AppExt was laggy at first but I reset the iPod and reinstalled everything, now it runs fine. I really like the AppRadio, and the flexible functionality... I've got the SPH-DA01 which I got for a really good price, I would have liked the larger LCD of the SPH-DA100 but I like the design of the DA01 better, matches the interior better with discrete silver edge and flat black frame around the LCD...

That sounds like a great setup.  I make lots of fairly short trips (10-15 minutes maybe), and this is definitely a first world problem, but I'd prefer to not have to plug my phone in every time I get in the car just to listen to a few songs.  Is there any problem with making and receiving calls through BT with your setup?  In other words, does the AppRadio still recognize and pair with your phone just for that purpose, or does it cause any problems or conflicts with the iPod that is actually plugged in?  Can you tether the iPod to your phone in case you want to stream music instead of listening to the MP3s stored on it?

hi,  can give me more info on that activator app you mentioned and how to use it?,  i need something like that. my setup is similar to yours,  i just leave my ipod in the glovebox and doesn't come out unless i need to update my music or movies.   

Bluetooth with phone works just fine even though iPod is plugged in.. I have no idea if you Can stream the Music from the phone, i only use the iPod for mp3s :) the actvator app is a seperate menupoint in the setup menu after the redsn0w jailbreak :)

hey guys!

i got some problems with my setup, im sorry if the answer has already been posted... i just bought the DA100 and connected it to my iphone 4. ive installed the latest availeable version of app radio extensions from cydia. im running ios 6.1.3 due to bad ios downgrading knowledge... so ive jailbroken it with the semitethered redsn0w software -the only one availeable for 6.1.3. everything works fine so far but whenever i connect the iphone it reboots after a few seconds and is then running on safe mode (EXIT SAFE MODE notification on top). when im not in safe mode i can access the app radio extensions menu located in the settings but after the phone reboots when i connect it to the app radio the appradio extensions menu dissappears!?  is the 6.1.3 version of ios fking it up? or is it just a thing of setting the right things?

again im sorry if the answer has already been posted

Mike

EDIT:

i discovered that the iphone reboots even when its not connected to the app radio. it mostly starts rebooting when im selecting the apps in the APPEX menu... any ideas?

Likely do to 6.1.3 and the fact that the jailbreak for it is pretty much in beta stage. You shouldn't expect it to work properly especially with an external device. Unfortunately you should probably just avoid AppEx for now and just use your phone unjailbroken with the unit. There are very few benefits with AppEx for iOS6 at the moment anyway.

• RonS locked this topic