AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an AVH-8400BT if I press the homebutton on the unit the iPhone returns to the appradio app Mike maby you can think about this issue. 

I also got the the bug that the screen of the iphone is shown a bit to small like on the attached photo. On the left and on the right side you can see the dog from the 

appradio app. The touch signal is like if the screen would fit.

Just confirmed exactly the same issues in AVH-8400BT. The applications are not running in full screen (like two versions before) and the touch event are in incorrect positions. Is there any solution for full screen and fix the position of the touch events?

Just confirmed exactly the same issues in AVH-8400BT. The applications are not running in full screen (like two versions before) and the touch event are in incorrect positions. Is there any solution for full screen and fix the position of the touch events?

in my case the touch signal is like if they would run on full screen.

in my case the touch signal is like if they would run on full screen.

Almost the same here. From the left side of the screen it seems that the touch events are almost in the correct position. On the right side of the screen the touch events are outside the application view (some cm righter) in the right black.

and what about the heat issue? anyones else's phone getting super hot while streaming video to the unit?

I have this problem too, earlier in the thread someone stated they thought it might be a Pioneer problem.

I had noticed it when using TuneIn Radio. I found that if I turned off the screen it would run much cooler.

(Not really an option for video.)

There are some problems with ios 6.1.2 also related to iCloud and the Mail being set for PUSH.

It runs much cooler for me with Push Off, but it still gets warmer than I am comfortable with..

I do not believe this is an issue with AppRadio Extensions.

I am going to try turning off location services for appRadio and see if that helps.

The GPS unit is noted for being a big time heat generator.

Almost the same here. From the left side of the screen it seems that the touch events are almost in the correct position. On the right side of the screen the touch events are outside the application view (some cm righter) in the right black.

Just to mention that the problem appears with iphone 4 (not iphone 5) as it is already mentioned at the first page and with Pioneer AVH-8400BT.

I have this problem too, earlier in the thread someone stated they thought it might be a Pioneer problem.

I had noticed it when using TuneIn Radio. I found that if I turned off the screen it would run much cooler.

(Not really an option for video.)

There are some problems with ios 6.1.2 also related to iCloud and the Mail being set for PUSH.

It runs much cooler for me with Push Off, but it still gets warmer than I am comfortable with..

I do not believe this is an issue with AppRadio Extensions.

I am going to try turning off location services for appRadio and see if that helps.

The GPS unit is noted for being a big time heat generator.

I feel like if I keep running it like this I will end up damaging my phone..And your right I did notice that if playing music only and turning the phone screen off it ran much cooler..still crap though. shouldn't be generating that much heat..thanks for the reply

I have the same problem with ipod touch 4. With iphone 4s instead work properly.

Appradio still crashing for me on unsupported apps for some reason. For those that have the latest appex working, do you use any backgrounding tweak like backgrounder to keep it alive?

Still having this issue even after I uninstall, reinstall, reboot. What's weird is in the previous appex version I didn't have the 30 sec crash issue while everyone else on the forum did. Now with the latest beta it seems opposite. It crash when I don't use touch for a few seconds.

Sorry for the noob question but I just installed AppEx for the first time the other day and I'm getting update alerts for two of the three dependencies: AppList (v.1.5.4) and PreferenceLoader (v.2.2.1-1).  Is this OK to update to or will this interfere with AppEx (v.2.0.1-173)?

Thanks.

Sorry for the noob question but I just installed AppEx for the first time the other day and I'm getting update alerts for two of the three dependencies: AppList (v.1.5.4) and PreferenceLoader (v.2.2.1-1).  Is this OK to update to or will this interfere with AppEx (v.2.0.1-173)?

Thanks.

You can update.

Just wanted to post about my response from Pioneer tech support regarding touch events, maybe it is the source of Mike's problem with the iPhone 5 touch events.

I just happened to try the AppRadio app "Rdio" using an iPhone 5 on the Z150.  The touch events would not register correctly and the screen is stretched out the right side of the Pioneer screen.  This is an official AppRadio app.  This happens whether AppExt is installed or not.  I emailed Pioneer tech support and was told that they have discovered a problem with the AppRadio iPhone app when using the iPhone 5.  Some apps are not registering touch events in the correct location and the screen is also sometimes stretched out of the boundary of the Pioneer display...this is using officially supported apps.  They said they are working on an updated AppRadio app that is going to fix the iPhone touch event/display problems and it should be out soon.

I wonder if this may help Mike solve the touch event problem, maybe even be the source of the problem?

• RonS locked this topic