AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Well, I finally fixed my booting problem. I took the last map update, copied the PRG stuff and pasted in both PRG0 and PRG1. It finally booted after that. Then I just used test mode to copy over the renewal file over to correct spots and rebooted with new map update SD inserted. It started updating!! Thanks so much to everyone on this forum, you guys are very knowledgeble!!!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I just bricked my x930bt while trying to update. I backed up my unit first from test mode. I replaced the Renewall files fine using the AutoReplacer with the modded renewall files from post 12. But when I inserted the z140 files, nothing happened and never got pass the boot screen. Tried the cardinfo from post 12 also, but the same result. So I tried to undo everything and restore the backed up files through hackmode. Now I get a "no applicable program" message and cant get back to the hackmode. Help.....

Update: I was able to get it running again. Before I was using Condi's hackmode 2.1 with the auto install, but it wouldn't load up hackmode when it restarted, and just gave me the "no applicable program" error. Used the hackmode 1.3 base and it loaded up from there and was able to restore all the files and get everything running again. I'll give the update another try tomorrow.

Edited by tiwonggg

I'll add another success story to the list.

Z120BT running the CNSD-210FM (2011 Z130BT software)

On PC(Win7):

1. Loaded the RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2 script with the RenewalIFLib file from the first page of this thread on a 2GB FAT32 formated usb drive.

2. Loaded the CNSD-310FM files from the Z140 FIles.rar and CARDINFO.cif file on the first page (replaced the CARDINFO that was included) on a 4GB FAT32 formated SD card.

In Car:

1. Connected USB drive to usb port.

2. Power on unit (ACC power). Unit began to boot and ran the script on the USB drive. (backed up files to USB, delete files, copied new RenewalIFLib to the 2 locations). After the script completed the unit restarted and booted like normal.

3. Inserted SD card and within 5 seconds the unit asked if i wanted to install the update. entered bogus 16 digit password and install commenced. The install took about 20 minutes for the maps plus another 3 for the software. In the end the unit rebooted.

4. Went to the Bluetooth settings and did a firmware upgrade to 3.24. (took about 7 minutes)

That's it! Worked first time like a charm. I read all the comments in this thread to learn from others and figure out what i needed to do. So a big thanks to all that have contributed to this update (files, update procedure/crack and support)

Beyond the update, my main reason for doing this is that i have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and wanted to avoid having to use my iPod Touch + WiFi tether to play Pandora through my Z120BT with the Pandora interface. It works great! Just a note that you have to go to the audio settings and change that app(mode?) connection from wired to Bluetooth.

Good luck all.

Hey all,

First, thank you all for the hard work! I appreciate all the great stuff this community shares.

I have a z120 upgraded to z130 via the CNSD-210FM upgrade. I ran the v1.2 script to replace the RenewalIFLib file, and it reported that the file was successfully replaced and initiated a reboot. After the reboot, the unit just hangs on the splash screen. I've tried several times to power cycle the unit both with and without an SD in place to no avail. The scripts will run but the unit will never fully boot to normal operation.

My guess is that I need to enter hack mode and replace some files to get things back to where they were, but could really use a little guidance.

Thanks in advance.

-Mickey

Hey all,

First, thank you all for the hard work! I appreciate all the great stuff this community shares.

I have a z120 upgraded to z130 via the CNSD-210FM upgrade. I ran the v1.2 script to replace the RenewalIFLib file, and it reported that the file was successfully replaced and initiated a reboot. After the reboot, the unit just hangs on the splash screen. I've tried several times to power cycle the unit both with and without an SD in place to no avail. The scripts will run but the unit will never fully boot to normal operation.

My guess is that I need to enter hack mode and replace some files to get things back to where they were, but could really use a little guidance.

Thanks in advance.

-Mickey

During the install I accidentally inserted an SD with the Hackmode script. I think my problem is hackmode related rather than update related so I posted in that thread.

During the install I accidentally inserted an SD with the Hackmode script. I think my problem is hackmode related rather than update related so I posted in that thread.

check to see if you have a PRG.FLG that might be causing you to attempt to boot APL from PRG1 instead of PRG0 (That is, if PRG0 contains files with newer dates, i.e., newer version).

Hackmode did not quite work for me (i have 4.x APL in prg0 and 3.x APL in prg1, and with 4.0 OS, <4.x PRG/APL will not boot) - had to remove USER/PRG.FLG to get it to boot properly.

Finally after multiple tries and getting the "input password again" prompt I got it to work. I follwed each step to the letter each time, reformatted the SD cards multiple times...except I was using a Mac. I finally dug out my old Windows laptop, dusted it off, fired it up, and waited a few hours for it to download updates, create restore point, update, download updates, create restore point, update, then tell me the virus program was out of date, download that update...by now I remember why I don't like PC's. Download the z140 files, and condi files, copy to two seperate SD, copy the one replacement cif file from the Mac to SD, and still the "input password again" I retrace my steps, and this time download the cif file in post #12 on to the windows laptop directly, and copy to SD, and I be damned it does the update without a problem. So to any Mac users who may be pulling their hair out like I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, more than likely, if you use ANY of the files that were unziped on a Mac, odds are it's not going to work. Good thing I kept that one PC.

hurricane, did you use built in archive utility in mac, or something like 7zip or cmdline unzip directly to SD card volume?

I have had this exact problem before with F900bt updates (some igo/content/lang invisible mac files causing problems) - but oddly, i didnt have a problem with mac/finder copy. (Although I think I did use winzip mac to unzip to SD card come to think of it.)