AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone could help me , about my last post just up here 

:idea:

If TestMode doesn't load, you own a brick. Send it back for service, expect to pay about $150-$200.

YOu didn't say what went wrong. Please tell so others can avoid that mistake.

I didn't want to get into Testmode details (because they are covered elseware), but just to be clear and simple:

• Dowload the supertestmode file
  • If necessary, extract testmode.key from the compressed archive
  • Put testmode.key in the root of your FAT32 formated SD
  • Insert SD
  • If nothing happens, try cycling your ignition key to reboot the AVIC
  • If nothing happens, you are dead - no one here can help you.

I have loaded the new maps 2012 as per fist post, everything loaded fine however once I took it out for a test run I noticed that my deck , z130bt, would map the road correctly but not give voice direction.  instead it told me insufficient data for this area...  I read other having the same issue but no answer to the problem.  If you could help I would be grateful and to make clear I have read all post thus far.  If I missed a solution  your direction would be great. thanks all and great site.  by the way I used the auto method for the update as per this thread.

I have loaded the new maps 2012 as per fist post, everything loaded fine however once I took it out for a test run I noticed that my deck , z130bt, would map the road correctly but not give voice direction.  instead it told me insufficient data for this area...  I read other having the same issue but no answer to the problem.  If you could help I would be grateful and to make clear I have read all post thus far.  If I missed a solution  your direction would be great. thanks all and great site.  by the way I used the auto method for the update as per this thread.

First, I'd do a factory reset. One way is to disconnect your car battery for 30 seconds. Then next time you boot-up the unit, it will prompt for some things. Make sure the voice/lanuage you select is TTS (like US English Samantha TTS). It is in the Regional Settings.

I didn't want to get into Testmode details (because they are covered elseware), but just to be clear and simple:

• Dowload the supertestmode file
  • If necessary, extract testmode.key from the compressed archive
  • Put testmode.key in the root of your FAT32 formated SD
  • Insert SD
  • If nothing happens, try cycling your ignition key to reboot the AVIC
  • If nothing happens, you are dead - no one here can help you.

TX ROMS what's the ' cycling your ignition key to reboot the AVIC'?

It means, turn it OFF and ON. That should re-boot the unit.

Hi

Well , it 's unplug since fewday , i took radio home .

so i test on the 12vDC

i plug lead on 1 jack and the 2 positive in same jack (red and Yellow) i think

when i switch on nothing happened , do i have a button to press ? (on F930bt)

Upgrade worked like a charm!!

Thanks guys.

Just have one dumb question...... Now I can not get my map to stay in the North postion when I'm driving..... has anyone figured out how to do that yet

I thought you just have to touch the white and red direction indicator to switch to always North, but I just tried and it doesn't change.

Thanks Ron for the reply...."do to limited data guidance can not be provided in your area" is still proving to be a problem, ive tried diconecting the battery over night but it did not reset the avic z130bt like a wrote in a previous post the map shows up with the route highlited but there are no diretions....no arrows with voice. Thanks for your support.

.... ive tried diconecting the battery over night but it did not reset the avic z130btt.

Are you saying that disconnecting the battery did not reset the unit???  Or that the reset didn't fix your problem??? By reset, I mean that it will go through the initial setup prompts - like language.

Just one other thing to be clear. Are you in the US/Can and running the US/Ca version of the CNSD-310FM? You might of installed the one for the wrong region. That would explain the lack of map detail. I just remembered that on my boat's GPS (where you have to buy detailed maps for your area) there is a world-wide coarse detail map built-in to the unit. It's useless for navigation but it will show you roughly where you are in the world.