AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 and Bluetooth on Sale IN STOCK!

I just called up 6ave.com so see what their current price is for the Z1 just so see if I can get anything back for the 14-day price guarantee and they told me that it is on sale for $1499. I bought mine for $1545 so they refunded my credit card $45. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to buy a Z1 at a low price from an authorized dealer. Just to be safe though, if you buy it, do it over the phone so that it will count as a catalog order instead of an internet order.

Additionally, even though they don't show up on their website, they have all the Pioneer accessories in stock. The have the bluetooth adapter for 129.99 but they price-matched Crutchfield's 119.99 and they only charge .06 shipping. Hopes this helps someone!
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered the AVIC-Z1, SIRPNR2, and 6 Year Pioneer Warranty for $1847 shipped on Wed. The AVIC-Z1 worked out to be $1547 without shipping, but since I bundled in the Sirius Tuner and Extended Warranty, they dropped the shipping altogether.

On a unrelated topic, why is it that everytime I call 6ave I get a different price for the AVIC-Z1? It was a little worrying, but I decided to order from them anyway.
Just called them and they do have the BT adapter in stock, but the guy I talked to said he couldn't take my order because he's not a salesman. He said I could call back tomorrow and if I order then it will be shipped out on Tuesday. Has anyone else here ever ordered from 6ave and if so, was it a good experience? I want to make sure they're legit before I call back tomorrow and place my order.
[quote name="palacios"]I just called up 6ave.com so see what their current price is for the Z1 just so see if I can get anything back for the 14-day price guarantee and they told me that it is on sale for $1500. I bought mine for $1545 so they refunded my credit card $45. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to buy a Z1 at a low price from an authorized dealer. Just to be safe though, if you buy it, do it over the phone so that it will count as a catalog order instead of an internet order.

Additionally, even though they don't show up on their website, they have all the Pioneer accessories in stock. The have the bluetooth adapter for 129.99 but they price-matched Crutchfield's 119.99 and they only charge .06 shipping. Hopes this helps someone![/quote]

How do you figure they are an authorized dealer??
[quote name="Philmatic"]I just ordered the AVIC-Z1, SIRPNR2, and 6 Year Pioneer Warranty for $1847 shipped on Wed. The AVIC-Z1 worked out to be $1547 without shipping, but since I bundled in the Sirius Tuner and Extended Warranty, they dropped the shipping altogether.

On a unrelated topic, why is it that everytime I call 6ave I get a different price for the AVIC-Z1? It was a little worrying, but I decided to order from them anyway.[/quote]

Pioneer doesn't offer extended warranty. Good luck with that.
Guest m48xhp
[quote name="Anonymous"]

How do you figure they are an authorized dealer??[/quote]

go to their website. click on "NJ Retail Stores". Then go to Pioneer's Website and go to the page to search for dealers, NOT INTERNET DEALERS. search the first, or any zip code from their retail store list and find them. here is the search page from the first zip code:

[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/locator/results/0,,2076_2128,00.html?country=US&category=]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/l ... &category=[/url]

#3 is 6th ave.

this is why the original poster said to CALL IN THE ORDER! they can run a catalog, or in store order, then ship it. this makes it an authorized retail sale.

Great find by the way.
I'm glad I could be of help to some of you. BTW, I ordered my BT from them last Friday and I still have not received a tracking number by e-mail. Did you get yours by e-mail or did you call for it? Also, if your tracking shows delivery for Friday, I'm willing to bet that you will get it by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. When I ordered my Z1 from them two weeks ago on a Friday, my tracking number showed delivery for the following Friday and I received it on Wednesday.
[quote name="klm42"]They just shipped my BT adapter today and the tracking # shows delivery for Friday. 8)[/quote]Holy crap! I ordered mine before you did and mine hasn't shipped yet. I called to get the status and they told me it was in processing and it should ship before the end of the week. That sucks!
guys so does pio. offer an extended waranty? How much is it from the store? I actually got mine in but I oredered online and the reciept says "web". I called in to ask them if they can change it from web to in-store and they said no, but that I should not have any problems with the waranty claim should one arise. Any comments on this?

Also how much was the waranty from them? And is it from them or pioneer? Thanks.
Pioneer does not offer extended warranties. The extended warranty from 6th Avenue is covered by a third-party company but it picks up after your Pioneer warranty expires. The warranty cost me $250 but the guy said it was only for the promotion period. The normal price is $350 for the 5 year extended warranty. The good thing is that you're covered 100% unless your negligence caused the problem. The guy told me that if my screen got even one dead pixel, the warranty would cover the cost of a new screen. There is no deductible and they have repair centers everywhere. I looked up my area code in North Dakota expecting the nearest service center to be 500 miles away but surprisingly it was only 12 miles away. Appearantly, the service repair center personnel are trained by the manufacturers so they should know what they're doing. My contract states that if they cannot repair the problem, they will replace the whole unit and if that model is no longer available they will get you an equivalent model or a current market value refund. It sounded good to me so I went for it.
FYI--Pioneer does not even let their own authorized service centers work on navigation products, so although it may be 12 miles away, they will still have to send it to CA if it breaks in the first year. Not sure who would repair it after that but be careful since they may not have ever worked on one before

[quote name="palacios"]Pioneer does not offer extended warranties. The extended warranty from 6th Avenue is covered by a third-party company but it picks up after your Pioneer warranty expires. The warranty cost me $250 but the guy said it was only for the promotion period. The normal price is $350 for the 5 year extended warranty. The good thing is that you're covered 100% unless your negligence caused the problem. The guy told me that if my screen got even one dead pixel, the warranty would cover the cost of a new screen. There is no deductible and they have repair centers everywhere. I looked up my area code in North Dakota expecting the nearest service center to be 500 miles away but surprisingly it was only 12 miles away. Appearantly, the service repair center personnel are trained by the manufacturers so they should know what they're doing. My contract states that if they cannot repair the problem, they will replace the whole unit and if that model is no longer available they will get you an equivalent model or a current market value refund. It sounded good to me so I went for it.[/quote]
I'm not too sure what I think about my experience at this point. I'm sure a web purchase would have been 100% smoother experience.

I noticed today they no longer have a price listed on their web site, just a "Call for pricing" message. I was going to order via the web last night, but thought it would be better to place the order via phone, in case there is a benefit for warranty purposes.

The guy quoted a price of $1650 for the unit, and said that the $1499 price was a promotion. After about 15 seconds of "negotation" he quickly dropped the price down to $1550. After about another 15 seconds, the price went down to $1499, but he said they are out of stock and will not ship for 2 weeks, and he would give me that price if I was willing to wait.

That's when the high pressure warranty sales pitch kicked in. I mentioned I was curious on the pricing of the BT and IPOD adapter, and he quickly quoted list ($120 and $50 respectively). Then he mentioned the 3rd party warranty option. For $299 (usually priced at $350) it would cover 5 years AFTER the first year of warranty.

I checked out the site on-line (myrepairtech.com) and read the terms and conditions. Within 30 days you can cancel the contract and request a full refund from RepairTech (no involvement with 6th Ave I believe).

They ended up dropping the price of the warranty to $250, BT adapter to $100 and threw in the ipod adapter for free. All in all, I'm not too sure I'll keep the warranty, but none the less for $1849 this is a good package price.

I just received notification that the unit shipped out today. I guess they really did have them in stock, and didn't want me to call and cancel the warranty.

Like I said, not sure what I think about them at this point....

-Jeff