AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 and Bluetooth on Sale IN STOCK!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to say I was a little nervous after getting the high pressure sales pitch for the extended warranty and the run-around treatment when I asked about lowering the high $299 price on the Navtraffic tuner, but my Z1 shipped the next morning after I ordered, and it came in 3 days later. That really surprised me since I went with the 6 cent ground shipping. Though some of their salespeople are a bit "used car salesman," 6ave is a legit place to do business.

I got the Z1 installed yesterday and absolutely love it. I was having some buyer's remorse after dropping 1500 bucks on a toy, but after getting to play with it today, that regret is gone. I'm extremely happy I went with the Z1 over the Kenwood system I almost bought. I even dropped some more money and picked up the Ipod adapter today and ordered the TV tuner. LOL
[quote name="tech10002"]I'll have to say I was a little nervous after getting the high pressure sales pitch for the extended warranty[/quote]I know just what you mean. Although I placed my order online for the Z1, a couple days later before my Z1 even arrived, I recieved a phone call from a salesman trying to get me to purchase the warranty. I was getting ready to leave for work (swing shift) so I told him I couldn't talk but he just kept going. Finally I told him I was about to hang up because I was already running late and he asked me if he should call back tomorrow. I was actually interested in getting the warranty so I told him to call back around noon-ish the next day and my wife said he called 12 PM on the dot. I wasn't in the house to take the call since my Z1 had arrived that morning and I was in the garage installing it but he called the next day at noon and unfortunately I missed the call again. I was hoping he would call back again but he didn't. Later that afternoon I called 6th Ave and asked for the guy and he was actually surprised that I really was interested in the warranty. He thought I was just giving him the run-around. Overall I am pretty happy with my 6th Ave shopping experience. The only problem I had was when I ordered my BT adapter. The guy said they had plenty in stock and said it would ship the next day and whenever I didn't get a shipping confirmation e-mail, I called them up and they said they were out of stock and they would ship out within the next week or two. They did drop the price down from $120 to $89 so I was still pretty happy with it.
[quote name="Slick 6MT"]Did anyone else get the warranty? He knocked the price on it down quite a bit so I said why not. You guys think the warranty BS or what?[/quote]The website where you register the warranty card looks pretty legit. If you haven't already registered your warranty card, when you do so, insert a different number from the one you have and see if it gives you an error. If you don't get an error you either entered a valid number by coincidence or the warranty is BS. There is a service center for my warranty 8 miles from where I live so I'll have to check it out sometime just to make sure they can fix it if I ever need service.
Pioneer dropped the NavTraffic to $200. Probably worth a phone call to see if they price match.

[quote name="tech10002"]I'll have to say I was a little nervous after getting the high pressure sales pitch for the extended warranty and the run-around treatment when I asked about lowering the high $299 price on the Navtraffic tuner, but my Z1 shipped the next morning after I ordered, and it came in 3 days later. That really surprised me since I went with the 6 cent ground shipping. Though some of their salespeople are a bit "used car salesman," 6ave is a legit place to do business.

I got the Z1 installed yesterday and absolutely love it. I was having some buyer's remorse after dropping 1500 bucks on a toy, but after getting to play with it today, that regret is gone. I'm extremely happy I went with the Z1 over the Kenwood system I almost bought. I even dropped some more money and picked up the Ipod adapter today and ordered the TV tuner. LOL[/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Pioneer dropped the NavTraffic to $200. Probably worth a phone call to see if they price match.

[[/quote]

Yeah, I tried to tell them that, and the salesman gave me some line about the Z1 needing a "special" tuner, and that's why it cost so much. I didn't feel like arguing with him. I picked up a Navtraffic tuner for $164 shipped on Ebay. It should be in tomorrow.
[quote name="Anonymous"] [quote name="tech10002"]I'll have to say I was a little nervous after getting the high pressure sales pitch for the extended warranty[/quote]I know just what you mean. Although I placed my order online for the Z1, a couple days later before my Z1 even arrived, I recieved a phone call from a salesman trying to get me to purchase the warranty. I was getting ready to leave for work (swing shift) so I told him I couldn't talk but he just kept going. Finally I told him I was about to hang up because I was already running late and he asked me if he should call back tomorrow. I was actually interested in getting the warranty so I told him to call back around noon-ish the next day and my wife said he called 12 PM on the dot. I wasn't in the house to take the call since my Z1 had arrived that morning and I was in the garage installing it but he called the next day at noon and unfortunately I missed the call again. I was hoping he would call back again but he didn't. Later that afternoon I called 6th Ave and asked for the guy and he was actually surprised that I really was interested in the warranty. He thought I was just giving him the run-around. Overall I am pretty happy with my 6th Ave shopping experience. The only problem I had was when I ordered my BT adapter. The guy said they had plenty in stock and said it would ship the next day and whenever I didn't get a shipping confirmation e-mail, I called them up and they said they were out of stock and they would ship out within the next week or two. They did drop the price down from $120 to $89 so I was still pretty happy with it.[/quote]

What did you end up paying for the warranty? I thought about getting it since the Z1 is such an expensive beast, but I wasn't sure about a 3rd party warranty. They offered it to me for $250. I'd sure like to hear some reports from people who have experience from the warranty company, specifically servicing Pioneer navi HUs.
[quote name="Slick 6MT"]Did anyone else get the warranty? He knocked the price on it down quite a bit so I said why not. You guys think the warranty BS or what?[/quote]

I have reservations about the warranty myself. Does the warranty cover the removal of the unit from my vehicle? Does it cover reinstalling the unit back in the vehicle after it is repaired/replaced? Are there any other hidden fees that they are not disclosed upfront as usual when you get the ole "Extended Warranty Sales Pitch"? Possible fees to include shipping, unit removal/reinstalled in/out of vehicle, prorated equipment when it's 4 yrs into warranty period, etc. These things could really add up.

I would really like to be able to speak to someone that has benefitted from the warranty. You would be surprised what could be hidden in the fine print of the warranty contract. What are your thouhts on this?????

Ducatiboy, check out my motorcycle club website! Just click on my website link below!
[quote name="worthamterrence"]I just got off the phone with 6th Ave and the guy quoted me 1600 for the Z1 and he said if i bought accesories he would let me have it for 1500 but i told him i didnt want accesories right now.Then i just told him i would call back.What do you guys know about mytaxfree.com.They have theres at 1459.99[/quote]

Did you go thru and check out the shipping costs.
When I entered my zip (15 miles from thier supposed location)
I was quoted at $104 Budget 21 day shipping $178 for 3-5day and $259 for 2day. :evil:
I am going ot give 6Ave.com a try first and see if I can talk to Roberto.

MyTaxFree.com gave me $29.99 for Ground shipping when I added it to the cart.

If you want ot see some other sites to order it from try the following:
[url=http://www.bestpricecameras.com/591022-590938-1-Pioneer-AVIC-Z1-.html?OVRAW=AVIC-Z1&OVKEY=avic%20z1&OVMTC=standard]http://www.bestpricecameras.com/591022- ... C=standard[/url]

[url=http://www.wisetronics.com/product-p/pioavicz1.htm&click=15840]http://www.wisetronics.com/product-p/pi ... lick=15840[/url]

[url=http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=40514&RefTag=froogle]http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewitem. ... ag=froogle[/url]
Is this the RepairTech place you are talking about?
[url=http://www.repairtechinc.com/]http://www.repairtechinc.com/[/url]

I located some service places near me. Since I am in NYC I got a big list of them, some close by and others 10-20 miles away. I called one on the list that I have used before for electronic repairs that I knew did good work. He told me that for any of the auto radio units for Pioneer it has to be sent back to California. Also that they do not fix them in New Jersey either, I assume that means that Pioneer has a location in NJ.

I will be checking out another place tomorrow (they are already closed today) that has 2 locations, Manhattan and Queens. I'll post their response.